IK+ ... a bit of a rip off?

edited February 2006 in Games
I've just sat through the rzx of IK+. The game doesnt end, it doesnt even let you go past 1st Dan. You even see the guy doing the rzx get bored enough to stop doing the bonus levels.

I kind of got the feeling that the game was unfinished (like Great Gurianos).

I checked the Rolling Thunder one out as well. Beating that game looks like literally the hardest thing ever. That said, I completed it on Mame and the final boss was hellish, on the Speccy version he just stands there and gets shot in the back til he dies.

And then it loops back to level one with no end message. Hateful!
Post edited by Bluce_Ree on

Comments

• edited February 2006
    Yeah, I also hate games without real ending! It doesn't have to be great animation/picture - it can be just "Congratulations! You made it!". But many games after last level just return to level one without any comment... :(
    ZX Spectrum +2 & PicoDiv SD,
    Timex 2048 & divIDE 57c
  • edited February 2006
    There was a game called Shuriken, available on a Crash tape. Once you finished the game you were given a code which you could then use to access an ending sequence which was loaded separately. It would have been great if more games did that.

Necros.
  • edited February 2006
    On 2006-02-01 16:11, Necros wrote:
    There was a game called Shuriken, available on a Crash tape. ...

hah, just briefly checked the game and it loox like a not well done exolon/stormlord ripoff.
    funny how many games have had inspiring idea/graphics for being stolen for another games...
    G! - That makes sense in BASIC 0:1
  • edited February 2006
    oh, and I wanted to know if anyone has 48K tzx/tap of INT. Karate+ ?
    I?ve only found 128K .z80, which can be transformed into tzx file, but won?t play on my 48K machine :(
    I?d like to play it from tape (or CD) on my Speccy/Didaktik.
  • edited February 2006
    On 2006-02-01 15:29, Bluce_Ree wrote:
    I've just sat through the rzx of IK+. The game doesnt end, it doesnt even let you go past 1st Dan. You even see the guy doing the rzx get bored enough to stop doing the bonus levels.

from the manual:
    The tournament has 25 rounds with progressive difficulty. After
    the 25th round a belt is awarded. Each round consists of three 30
    seconds bouts. At the end of a bout a judge appears and instructs
    the player(s) and announces the ranking(s). If a human player is
    in the third place, he's out of the tournament. The game has 3
    players on each screen at the same time, so as long as the human
    player is in the 1st or 2nd place he is still in the tournament.

The third bout of the round is a bonus bout where the player has
    to use a small hand-held shield to deflect balls bouncing
    towards him from all angles.

• edited February 2006
    cheers for the info!

i always thought the belts were related to your points score, this makes the bonus levels even more pointless then!

the guy on the rzx ends up getting to 1st dan and then is stuck on that all the way up to round 99. you'd think they could at least take it up to 10th dan?
  • edited February 2006
    On 2006-02-01 17:04, de Vandemar Croup wrote:
    oh, and I wanted to know if anyone has 48K tzx/tap of INT. Karate+ ?
    I?ve only found 128K .z80, which can be transformed into tzx file, but won?t play on my 48K machine :(
    I?d like to play it from tape (or CD) on my Speccy/Didaktik.

I have it on D80, so if you'd want to play it on your Kompakt, check my page for help and give me an ICQ message ;)
  • edited February 2006
    On 2006-02-02 12:35, aowen wrote:
    WoS appears to have both versions in TZX format. Just put IK+ into infoseek.

yep, my mistake "Syntax error" - I was still looking under the International Karate+, never thought it could be under IK+ title.
    thx
  • edited February 2006
    I have it on D80, so if you'd want to play it on your Kompakt, check my page for help and give me an ICQ message ;)

heej, no teraz bud freier! :D
    btw: v com to mas?
    myslim, ze mam tvoj web stiahnuty, staci prezradit konkretny zip...

oops, forgot I?m not at home...
  • edited February 2006
    On 2006-02-02 13:31, de Vandemar Croup wrote:

oops, forgot I?m not at home...

Vsak mi ti rozumime ;).
  • jiljil
    edited February 2006
    On 2006-02-01 16:11, Necros wrote:
    There was a game called Shuriken, available on a Crash tape. Once you finished the game you were given a code which you could then use to access an ending sequence which was loaded separately. It would have been great if more games did that.
    I was hoping there would be a nice tune or some full screen pics or something, but it's just a load of credits, plugs for future games (which of course never materialised) and perhaps the longest, most mundane scrolly message I've ever endured (about 13K of it!). I have cropped the whole message but I won't paste it here as it's really too much. I'll chuck it on my website later and add a link to it. I challenge anyone to find a more tediously boring scrolly in any Speccy game!
  • edited February 2006
    On 2006-02-04 07:12, jil wrote:
    ... I challenge anyone to find a more tediously boring scrolly in any Speccy game!

The Czecho-Slovak games used to have incredibly long scrollmssgs - it was common, stylish and trendy to put a one into the game.
    also - the authors kept the same dramaturgy and stylistic of the messages: intro of the message, some personal babble, few jokes, credits, hellos and then anti-hellos :D
    after a little time there began also a topic of a certain philosophical problem - I?m not sure, but it began from a joke: the other authors in other games added another solution for the joke from the scrollmessage, in third game there was another solution... till it was spreading as a chain reaction - different authors were discussing ONE topic in the scrollmessage of their games.
    it was fun to follow hints and references to other scroll messaegs from other games...