New York New York

edited March 2006 in Chit chat
Hi all

Yes I realise I don't post often (I usually accessed the forums in work, but they stopped me doing that and said I had to actually do some work instead... b****rds). But I thought I'd pick your brains for a bit of assistance with this project I'm working on.

Can you think of any computer games from ANY era (Atari 2600/Spectrum/Amiga/Sega/Playstation/Xbox 360) that is set in or features New York City?

It's for a Wikipedia page I'm currently writing. The idea behind it was that I was playing Driver: Parallel Lines earlier today and got thinking about how much it compared (or didn't compare) to other New York-based games: True Crime: New York City, Spiderman 2, Max Payne, etc. Any ideas at all please.

I'm doing a second part of it too for any sports games with New York settings - Project Gotham Racing, Top Spin Tennis, Outlaw Golf 2... that kind of thing. Any suggestions for that as well please?
Post edited by enzo1701 on

Comments

• edited March 2006
    duke nukem zero hour.

one of the die hard games.

pilot wings, had a new york section.
  • edited March 2006
    It has to be the real New York City. After all... I'm tempted to put Liberty City in there as it's obviously meant to be New York. But no Liberty City, no Gotham City, no Metropolis.
  • edited March 2006
    Here's the page so far... any suggestions/amendments would be grateful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_in_computer_games

[ This Message was edited by: enzo1701 on 2006-03-28 21:11 ]
  • edited March 2006
    Well there was a CBM64 game I recall called New York City. At least I think it was, but it was shite. Was released in the UK on US Golds budget label Americana if that helps and the title is wrong. My brain is still recoverng from all of the Which posts.
  • edited March 2006
    Ghostbusters, Ghostbusters 2, Freddy Hardest in South Manhattan :D

Jamie
  • edited March 2006
    NEW YORK BLITZ by Mastertronic for the VIC 20
  • edited March 2006
    On 2006-03-28 22:52, jamieangus wrote:
    Ghostbusters, Ghostbusters 2, Freddy Hardest in South Manhattan :D

Jamie

So The Real Ghostbusters as well?
  • edited March 2006
    New York Warriors.
  • edited March 2006
    That's the spirit takes place in NY ... and according to the storyline every city has been re-named to New York.

Skarpo
    :)
  • edited March 2006
    well done, looks good.

Pilotwings was on the N64 too. :)

will try to think of some more.
  • edited March 2006
    two newer ones... the warriors (70s NYC) and the godfather (40s/50s NYC)