Introduce yourself

Comments

• Welcome Phil, thanks for everything in YS. I still read a (real) random issue on a daily basis and it never gets boring.
    I am from that generation, when Pluto was still a planet, and the Earth is round.

Bomb Munchies on WOS thread
    Bomb Munchies Ver1930 17th Nov 2017 (look for the blue download box ) If you get a time-out message and live in the UK then try after 9pm-3am.
    Send me a PM and I can email it to you too. Kent, UK
  • Hi! I've finally joined. I'be been an Speccy user since my father bought an Spectrum + back in the eighties, here in Spain. I think WOS is one of the first sites I visited when I got an internet connection, but never registered until now. We live great times with new games, new hardware... It's time to participate more.

Hello everyone!
  • MatGubbins wrote: »
    Welcome Phil, thanks for everything in YS. I still read a (real) random issue on a daily basis and it never gets boring.

It still entertains me and I was there when it was made! :D
  • Timmy wrote: »
    Welcome Phil too, I still can remember that name... wow.

Thanks Timmy. Someone once asked me how I would like to be remembered. I said "Easily".

Mission accomplished I guess :D
    Thanked by 1Timmy
  • Wow, welcome aboard Snouty :)
    Cheeky Funster (53)
  • Hello, im a Mom and new to all this forum stuff. i recently found my spectrum in the loft of my late moms house.Started using but it doesnt work.

Ive sent it off to a friend who fixes this stuff and i have just pledged for the new NEXT.
  • Hello all. Occasional browser of the site but don't think I've ever posted. I used to own a couple of 48Ks and a +3 when I was small so always had an interest in the Spectrum.
  • Didn't you post yesterday ?
    Every time I read that the oldest person in the world has died, I have to do a quick check to see it isn't ME..........
  • edited May 2017
    Or start a new thread about WOS has been Trolled on Wikkipedia ? If we are not on there, does that mean that we have stopped existing ?

Curios !!!!!
    Post edited by grey key on
    Every time I read that the oldest person in the world has died, I have to do a quick check to see it isn't ME..........
  • grey key wrote: »
    Or start a new thread about WOS has been Trolled on Wikkipedia ? If we are not on there, does that mean that we have stopped existing ?

Erm, it's the other way around... If all sane users are not on Wikipedia then does that exist at all?
  • If there is no search result on wikipedia when one puts in ones own name, then one does not exist and therefore instantly ceases to exist right before typing in ones name.
    What now?
  • I don't exist, therefore I am
  • Yes, obviously!
    But what?
    grey key wrote: »
    I don't exist, therefore I am

What now?
  • Hello , I'm Luny and I do not exist and am not a new member!
    So ner!
    Might be worth a visit to luny.co.uk.
  • You won't like it here
  • It's ok. He's not really here.
  • My name's Morkin and I'm an alcoho....

[Edit: sorry, wrong forum]
  • How many beans in a Heinz can Morkin ?
  • Somewhere between 371 and 373.

Aaarrghhh... No..! The numbers...! They're all around me..! What have you done....
  • edited June 2017
    I've just joined this forum, so let's introduce myself. I am a 44 year old bloke living in the Netherlands. At the young age of 12 years old, I got my first ZX Spectrum 16 KB for my birthday, my second Sinclair machine after the ZX81 with 16 KB rampack (wobble!). Soon, it became clear that 16 KB was a bit low and a Spectrum + 48 KB followed very soon. The last Spectrum I owned was a 128K toastrack before I went to the Atari 8 Bit and later on the Atari ST series. Recently, after building a Harlequin clone kit as a learning project my interest in the Speccy has been revived. I also refurbished a 48 KB Spectrum + (new capacitors, keyboard membrane, voltage regulator, etc.) and brought it back to life. Really nice to see it work again. Really nice to play Jetpac again on real hardware :-).
    Post edited by redhawk668 on
  • Welcome Redhawk668! :-h
  • Just realised I hadn't introduced myself.....how rude!!!
    Hello all from Farnborough,Hants.UK. Been a Speccy fan ever since my best friend had a 16k (with 32k RAM pack) Got my 48k shortly after. First game was Dinky Digger hence the username.
  • edited June 2017
    Hi @Dinky74 and a hearty Welcome To WoS!
    Hey, what's your interesting avatar all about, and what does it say on his chest?
    Post edited by F_Clowder on
    What now?
  • Hi! A late introduction (seeing as i joined here in 2007!!!)
    I'm markopoloman - lover of all things C64 - but before you throw bricks at me, love a bash on the Speccy :)
    I'm joining many forums due to being banned from the Retro Gamer forum for, well, breaking the AUP before they changed the AUP!
    There will be a few here that know me anyway - I'm a nice guy that doesn't do bad things on forums... much.

Still, my best mate had a speccy so spent many a weekend playing Manic Miner and the Ultimate games :)
  • Booooo... C64... Rubbish...! ;)

Only kidding, (belated) welcome to WoS.. :)
  • I'm joining many forums due to being banned from the Retro Gamer forum for, well, breaking the AUP before they changed the AUP!

Welcome! (You're not allowed to post pics from Reader's Wives here either btw)
  • ...unless they're mongy lard. :p
  • Mongy lard :D My Mrs isn't mongy lard so I'll keep those pics to myself then!

Cheers for the welcome! :)