Introduce yourself

Comments

• Fark orf!
    Might be worth a visit to luny.co.uk.
  • edited June 2018
    That coming from the man responsible for introducing me to the works of Robert Rankin, I have ordered another two and have another two to order next month, his new one is due in October. Called The Chronicles Of Bannanania. He also talks constantly about Sainsbury's, like me !
    Post edited by grey key on
    Every time I read that the oldest person in the world has died, I have to do a quick check to see it isn't ME..........
  • Hi members!

My name is Ade and I live in south London, my first computer was a spectrum and I’ve always held them dear to my heart as it was the start of something that would eventually lead to a career in embedded software development.

I’ve recently started collecting a few machines that have historic interest for me and can’t resist picking up a dead machine for the purposes of bringing back to life!
  • edited June 2018
    Dr Frankenstein I presume :D

Welcome Sn00p !
    Every time I read that the oldest person in the world has died, I have to do a quick check to see it isn't ME..........
  • grey key wrote: »
    That coming from the man responsible for introducing me to the works of Robert Rankin, I have ordered another two and have another two to order next month, his new one is due in October. Called The Chronicles Of Bannanania. He also talks constantly about Sainsbury's, like me !

he he, my plan worked. I've just finished the first of the Ring Road series. I love the Brentonian stuff and the Brighton stuff. Such fun, and of course it means even more to you, doesn't it.

sn00p wrote: »
    Hi members!

My name is Ade and I live in south London, my first computer was a spectrum and I’ve always held them dear to my heart as it was the start of something that would eventually lead to a career in embedded software development.

I’ve recently started collecting a few machines that have historic interest for me and can’t resist picking up a dead machine for the purposes of bringing back to life!

Welcome Ade.
  • edited June 2018
    Luny wrote: »
    grey key wrote: »

he he, my plan worked. I've just finished the first of the Ring Road series. I love the Brentonian stuff and the Brighton stuff. Such fun, and of course it means even more to you, doesn't it.

One of the Zodiac puzzle pieces in the Brightonomicon is two streets away from where I live and another is two streets away from where I used to live, spooky hey !

• That is one thing I love about his books.

Many years ago I discovered the Anit-pope. Read it, fell in love and read more. I always wondered what Brentford was like, even considered jumping on a train and seeing. but didn't need to as years later I ended up working there.

so there I was, in Brentford wandering around the Butts estate, the high street, passed the library and spotting the road names. It was all there. So now when I reread his stuff, I can visualise the actual places.

I never found the Flying Swan though! ;)
  • He made the name up, he said so in I Robert his autobiography

Welcome to the Newbies, you will be staying in the Hotel California in Lewes
    He made the name up, he said so in I Robert his autobiography...
    That is why I winked. :)
  • I didn't see you wink, I thought you were blinking, it was The Bricklayers arms, he changed it to avoid an Alien invasion.
  • edited September 2018
    Hi there! My name is Sebastian, and I'm from Spain (south). I own a modest web page : https://www.tapeloader.com where I sell retro stuff locally.
    When I was a child I had several ZX Spectrum types (16K, 128K +2) and I want to catch up with those lost memories.
    Thanks for accepting my joining request!
    Post edited by tapeloader on
    Larga vida a tu consola retro. Vompramos y vendemos trozos de infancia en forma de bits
    https://www.tapeloader.com
  • Hello and welcome. Nice to see another Spanish speccy fan joining our international community ;)
    Thanked by 1tapeloader
  • Hey folks, what a cool place! I'm an illustrator from England, I grew up with a Spectrum and have recently re-kindled my love for the machine, inspired by Paul Jenkinson's youtube videos, I have now discovered Jonathan Cauldwell's incredible Arcade Game Designer and I'm back making Speccy games like an excited 12 year old!
  • Welcome, DomReardon. Let us know how you get on with your re-discovered Speccy :)
    Website: Tardis Remakes / Mostly remakes of Arcade and ZX Spectrum games.
    My games for the Spectrum: Dingo, The Speccies, The Speccies 2, Vallation, SQIJ.
    Twitter: Sokurah
  • Thanks folks, I'm getting on great! Shoddy homebrew games pending...
  • I look forward to exceptional shoddyness.
  • 12 years old is the average mental age of a WOS member ! :))

You should fit in fine !
    12 years old is the average mental age of a WOS member ! :))

You should fit in fine !

Bah, that's older than me :p
    So far, so meh :)
  • Me too, that is I am two years old !
    Me too, that is I am two years old !

2 Galactic Years :)
    So far, so meh :)
  • and 4 Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters Later
  • Womflechompies...
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • Vroomfondle and Majikthise I presume ?
  • Vroomfondle and Majikthise are two of the best character names of all time, thank you for reminding me of them, this is clearly going to be a good place to hang out, you are clearly froods who really know where your towels are.
  • I am a Hoopy Frood who always knows where my towel is, unfortunately I often loose my glasses, trousers and sometimes one shoe ! Although not at the same time.
  • Any relation of Sigmund Frood?
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • YUP !
  • Gag Halfrunt if you please.