Introduce yourself

1434445464749»

Comments

• Hello
    I'm from Ireland . I don't really do anything except computer games. I'm nearly 40 . one of My fav computers Is zx spectrum . I would love to get all the games ( 16000 i think ). But I would not have the room for them.
  • Hi.
    My name is Alan and I'm an Alcoholic. I'm also still obsessed with the Speccy.
    Why am I posting this? For the first time in a long time I'm going to help myself instead of dribbling slowly downhill.
    Mel the Bell, Arjun, Scotty_UK, Karingal/Rich Chandler, Lee Fogarty, dmboozefreak, Dr Beep, Yerzmyey, and everyone I can't remember right now in a few seconds - you guys are an important part of my life.
    I was late to the (WoS) party in the first place, got off to a rocky start here and then eventually turned my back on everything due to personal circumstances which eventually lead to my first statement here........
    Every month or so for the last few years I've visited briefly to check you're all still here and have been pleased to find this still a thing considering all the ups and downs.
    I don't know where else to post this btw but I'll be back on here from time to time now.
    It's an odd thing to look back at yourself(myself) and face up to everything you(I) did wrong in life. I'm starting to come back though and you all sort of played a part in this.
    Warm Regards and Best Wishes Lads. You're a bunch of sound people here at WoS.
    "I should use simulator loosely 'cos I don't think it's quite like this on the beach with helicopters and fires and the jumping beach buggy" - paulisthebest3uk 2020.
  • edited November 2019
    Welcome back Alan :)

...and as you always know especially some of the people you mentioned in that post, and then some, we're always here if you need us :D
    Post edited by dm_boozefreek on
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • Yes, welcome back. Grab some crisps and join the party.
    Might be worth a visit to luny.co.uk.
  • Jaysus! This place is still alive?!?!
  • mmmMMMaaaah! <zombie type response> :)
    Might be worth a visit to luny.co.uk.
  • STeaM wrote: »
    Jaysus! This place is still alive?!?!

It got f'kin nutted a few times, but as always it dusted itself off, and kept on truckin' ;)
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!

It got f'kin nutted a few times, but as always it dusted itself off, and kept on truckin' ;)

That is f'kin good to hear!
    STeaM wrote: »

That is f'kin good to hear!
    fraid were still here fella
    Professional Mel-the-Bell Simulator................"So realistic, I found myself reaching for the Kleenex King-Size!" - Richard Darling
  • alanspec wrote: »
    Hi.
    Why am I posting this? For the first time in a long time I'm going to help myself instead of dribbling slowly downhill.
    Mel the Bell, Arjun, Scotty_UK, Karingal/Rich Chandler, Lee Fogarty, dmboozefreak, Dr Beep, Yerzmyey, and everyone I can't remember right now in a few seconds - you guys are an important part of my life.
    I was late to the (WoS) party in the first place, got off to a rocky start here and then eventually turned my back on everything due to personal circumstances which eventually lead to my first statement here........
    Every month or so for the last few years I've visited briefly to check you're all still here and have been pleased to find this still a thing considering all the ups and downs.
    I don't know where else to post this btw but I'll be back on here from time to time now.
    It's an odd thing to look back at yourself(myself) and face up to everything you(I) did wrong in life. I'm starting to come back though and you all sort of played a part in this.

I love it when old WOSers come back, especially one's who remember me. :D Welcome back, please do not go, lets bring the banter back.
    Calling all ASCII Art Architects Visit the WOS Wall of Text and contribute: https://www.yourworldoftext.com/wos
  • alanspec wrote: »
    Hi.

I love it when old WOSers come back, especially one's who remember me. :D Welcome back, please do not go, lets bring the banter back.
    Calling all ASCII Art Architects Visit the WOS Wall of Text and contribute: https://www.yourworldoftext.com/wos
  • Hello, I'm Claire. I like Zeddys & Speccys and have done since the early 80's. I collect/refurb/repair/sell the computers as appropriate, I genuinely do not know how many I currently have. I particularly enjoy adventure games these days since I'm now too old & slow for arcade games.
  • Hello, I'm Claire. I like Zeddys & Speccys and have done since the early 80's. I collect/refurb/repair/sell the computers as appropriate, I genuinely do not know how many I currently have. I particularly enjoy adventure games these days since I'm now too old & slow for arcade games.

Oh..welcome.then. :)

On those afternoons in utopia..
  • Hi Claire. You're more than welcome here. The regulars are a bunch of nice lads and lasses. Hope to see you in the forums :)
    "I should use simulator loosely 'cos I don't think it's quite like this on the beach with helicopters and fires and the jumping beach buggy" - paulisthebest3uk 2020.
  • Hello.

My name is Jose. I am making a game that can be played with two buttons (O for left and P for right). Here is a screenshot:

jetpac2.png
  • Hi, I am American and I apologize for that. I'm making up for it by (hopefully) getting in on the second run of Spectrum:Next. It's the, as far as I'm concerned, the most hassle free way into the world of hooking up a Speccy to my CRT and I get the added benefit of getting to play the NEXT games as well. Also, I'm hoping to get my hands on NextDAW as in my spare time I like to make chips bleed from making music that pushes them a little.

Peace.
  • Greetings! I'm not American, but I invaded your country to steal all the jobs and women, as that's what all good foreigners do ;)

The Speccy is good, and I always like to see US peeps get into it since they missed out pretty much all the way, with the exception of about 7.5 people in the 80's.

Also you may not like to hear this, but I'd suggest although it's rooted in your bones due to the video game crash, and this machine "supposedly" saving video/computer games as it were, try to play less NES......It's not as good as America thinks it is :p
  • Hi, I’ve just signed in after being away for years!