Can anyone help me with the name of an old ZX Spectrum Game?

edited August 2006 in Games
Hello

I was hoping someone here might be able to help me. I've been racking my brains for the name of a ZX Spectrum game I used to play when I was much younger and I can't for the life of me remember what it was called.

We're going back at least 20 years here! It was an adventure game where you had to type in commands like 'what can I see', 'pick up the gun', 'shoot gun' etc. From what I can recall, you were trapped somewhere and you had to find your way out.

I can distinctly remember the cover of the cassette the game came in. It was grey/blue with a mountain-type thing on the front. I could have sworn it was called 'Temple of Doom' or something similar but I've googled that and I've obviously got the name wrong.

I really hope someone knows what I'm on about! Any suggestions for what it could be would be much appreciated :smile:
Post edited by Polly on

Comments

• edited August 2006
    Could it have been Temple of Vran by Incentive? It's got a blue/grey mountain on the cover, if nothing else:

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infoseek.cgi?regexp=^Temple+of+Vran$&pub=^Incentive+Software+Ltd$
  • edited August 2006
    No, that's not it....but thanks!!

I know my description is very vague but it's driving me mad not being able to remember!
  • edited August 2006
    Oh! I found it!!

ftp://ftp.worldofspectrum.org/pub/sinclair/games-inlays/Rereleases/a/AdventureA-PlanetOfDeath(SinclairResearchLtd).jpg

It was Planet of Death. It's not really a mountain on the cassette inlay though, but it's what I was after.
  • edited August 2006
    Oh well. I actually thought of Planet of Death for some reason but dismissed it through lack of the words "Temple" & "Doom" in the title and also the lack of a blue/grey mountain on the cover.

I guess I should trust my instincts more in future...
  • edited August 2006
    Yes, sorry about my vagueness! Temple of Doom/Planet of Death - it all made sense in my head! ;)
  • edited August 2006
    Yeah it sounded like an Artic game. I had Espionage and could never get through the swamp :( most frustrating!
  • edited August 2006
    Frogmelon wrote:
    Yeah it sounded like an Artic game. I had Espionage and could never get through the swamp :( most frustrating!
    Was that not S, E, W, N?
    I wanna tell you a story 'bout a woman I know...
  • edited August 2006
    I wish to apologise in advance for this terrible joke. In my defence, I'm very tired right now. :)
    karingal wrote:
    Was that not S, E, W, N?
    Karingal has sewn that little problem up.

Sorry.

Necros.
  • edited August 2006
    and heres me thinking ship of doom :(

*gets coat*
    Professional Mel-the-Bell Simulator................"So realistic, I found myself reaching for the Kleenex King-Size!" - Richard Darling
  • edited August 2006
    and heres me thinking ship of doom :(

*gets coat*

thats reminded me of 'death ship'

a film i saw as a kid, it scared the hell out of me.

i think i made my dad turn it off after a shower scene with blood. urghhh!!!