What was the +2 and +3 keyboard like compared to the 128 and + one?

I had a Spectrum 128, which had the infamous plastic-but-spongy keys. It was fine for games where you only had to press a handful of keys repeatedly, but typing long bits of text in was a bit of a pain.

Was the +2 and +3 keyboard any better? It certainly looks a lot more useable, was it?
Post edited by udgoverload on

Comments

• edited October 2006
    I had a Spectrum 128, which had the infamous plastic-but-spongy keys. It was fine for games where you only had to press a handful of keys repeatedly, but typing long bits of text in was a bit of a pain.

Was the +2 and +3 keyboard any better? It certainly looks a lot more useable, was it?

The Plus 2 keyboard was much more like your standard style, already used by the C64 and Amstrad, and it was therefore better for typing in programs.
    THE RETRO GAMER IRC CHATROOM. EVERY SUNDAY AT 9PM BST. LOG ON USING THE LINK BELOW:
    https://discordapp.com/invite/cZt59EQ
  • edited October 2006
    From memory (partly because my current +2 is oooold and I think the membrane is starting to wear), the +2 keyboard was lighter to the touch (less force needed), and a bit more reponsive.
    Mmmm.
  • edited October 2006
    T'was much better. I know cos I did lots (and I mean lots) of typing on my +3/Tasword +3.
    Oh bugger!<br>
  • edited October 2006
    DEATH wrote:
    T'was much better. I know cos I did lots (and I mean lots) of typing on my +3/Tasword +3.

Hmm really? Why? (I never used a word processor in speccy. No printers were around. And tapes aren't reliable to save *valuable* data. ) Actually I was wondering if someone really needs those that day.
  • edited October 2006
    Arda wrote:
    Hmm really? Why? (I never used a word processor in speccy. No printers were around. And tapes aren't reliable to save *valuable* data. ) Actually I was wondering if someone really needs those that day.

I was asking about this because I was interested in playing text adventures.