Robot Loving

edited December 2006 in Games
Anyone have any information about a speccy adventure game where you could supposedly get past a female android by typing 'rape android' (or some such) to make her blow a fuse?

Apparently 'The Sun' had a fuss about it at the time, and the company who made it blamed the players, and said that was a possible solution, but not the only one.

Quick as you can please - I'm bursting to go to the loo!
Post edited by frobush on

Comments

• edited November 2006
    There`s a couple of threads on here about controversial games, might be mentioned in one of those... I don`t know it though :)
  • edited November 2006
    According to this, it was "Ship of Doom"
  • edited November 2006
    Daren wrote:
    According to this, it was "Ship of Doom"

Thank you so much! You're a star!

<runs to toilet>
  • edited November 2006
    frobush wrote:
    Anyone have any information about a speccy adventure game where you could supposedly get past a female android by typing 'rape android' (or some such) to make her blow a fuse?

Aha! I saw this question asked on the FT forums yesterday - I tried to find the answer in Google and it wasn't a pleasant journey, let me tell you...
  • edited November 2006
    Aha! I saw this question asked on the FT forums yesterday - I tried to find the answer in Google and it wasn't a pleasant journey, let me tell you...

By FT I assume you mean 'Fortean Times'?
  • edited November 2006
    Hey frobush - check your private messages sometime!!
    My test signature
  • edited November 2006
    Didn't Crash magazine mention this solution as well? Can't think where I'd got the info from otherwise.
  • edited December 2006
    frobush wrote:

The only reason for the "android pleasure room" was to justify the existence of the female android (gynoid, if you want to be pedantic), and the only reason for the gynoid was to explain why there was a mirror there (it was a vanity mirror), which you needed to take in order to solve a later problem.

If I were to do a cleaned-up remake (which I almost certainly won't), instead of the "android pleasure room" I'd make it a workshop (with tools locked in secure racks and cabinets), and instead of the gynoid I'd have a partly-dismantled laser (locked in a vice on a workbench -- if you try to take the laser, you're told that the vice is of a type you can't work out how to open, or something); that would explain the presence of the mirror just as well, and also make it clear that it's a laser mirror.
    I never make misteaks mistrakes misyales errurs — oh, sod it.
  • edited December 2006
    robert@fm wrote:
    ...and the only reason for the gynoid was to explain why there was a mirror there (it was a vanity mirror), which you needed to take in order to solve a later problem.

The 'vanity mirror' / force field problem was in 'Planet Of Death' and not 'Ship Of Doom'.
  • edited December 2006
    Not very imaginative titles, were they? I wonder if they considered doing follow-ups called 'UFO Of Destruction' or 'Meteorite Of General Unpleasantness'.
  • edited December 2006
    'Planet Of Death' was my first introduction to adventure games - I got a free gift copy 'cos I had to return a 'famous' faulty power supply (there was a product recall in all the major news papers at the time (1983) - anyone got a scan of this?).

It opened my eyes! I think that must have been my 1st 'virtual' experience. How (delux) quaint.