I need help to figure out the name of a game i used to have

edited January 2007 in Games
I want to buy a zx spectrum to relive my youth and i am desperate to get a copy of a couple of games that i can't remember the names of.

One was a maze type game that had a white line that drew a load of squares and you had to go round each square - turnig the middlesinto a colour whilst avoiding some kind of monster (pac-man style) you didn't have to collect coins but you did need to fill colour in each square before you could move on.

the second was a kiddies educational game where you controlled a monkey with a wheelbarrow and had to collect letters that fell from the sky to spell a word.

This is driving me mad - can you tell me what they are called please!!!!
Post edited by shrekie69 on

Comments

• edited December 2006
    The first is "Maze Chase" that came with the ZX Spectrum+, if memory serves... You can find it Here.

As for the second, I have no idea, sorry!

D.
  • edited December 2006
    shrekie69 wrote:
    the second was a kiddies educational game where you controlled a monkey with a wheelbarrow and had to collect letters that fell from the sky to spell a word.

This is driving me mad - can you tell me what they are called please!!!!

I can remember playing this one. My Mum went through a phase of "COMPUTERS ARE FOR EDUCATION", and brought as many of these sort of games that she could find for my younger brother. But, I have no idea what it was called Sorry :roll:
  • edited December 2006
    The first game sounds like OH MUMMY! from sinclair games.
    Thanked by 1Antiriad2097
  • edited December 2006
    Dunny wrote:
    The first is "Maze Chase" that came with the ZX Spectrum+, if memory serves... You can find it Here.

As for the second, I have no idea, sorry!

D.

Yep i asked about that game months ago, good little game for a newbie to the Speccy. Just remembering that game instantly takes me back to my old bedroom, the Speccy + still smelling brand new (you know what i mean !) and me reading every page of the Speccy manual and loving it !
  • edited January 2007
    Wow that's a nostalgia trip... I remember playing both of those games.

Obviously people have helped you with the first one, but unfortunately I don't remember the name of the second one. I also remember having a pretty nifty "educational" game with big chunky colourful graphics. Part of it involved a turnip... and I think there was like a Little Red Riding Hood puzzle section... I may be mixing up two games here in one. It came with a cool overlay to put on your keyboard.

Ahhh memory lane... :)
  • edited January 2007
    WISE OWL wrote:
    The first game sounds like OH MUMMY! from sinclair games.

That's what it sounds like to me.. I used to love playing it on the CPC (it was released by Amsoft).
  • ...Could the second game have been Wild Words...?
  • edited July 2016
    I actually wrote - well, converted, two educational titles to the Spectrum for a trader in Kettering. It was after I'd done my work experience in his shop, he had a guy who'd done a couple of Amstrad games and converted them to the ST in STOS BASIC, and wanted Spectrum versions done.

They were pretty crude. One involved typing in the time shown on an analogue clock, upon which a mouse would run across the bottom of the screen and ring a bell (in the ST and my Speccy version, he did so in a little red car). The other involved guiding a descending paratrooper onto the correct answer to a simple sum. I don't suppose a copy of either ever got sold!
    Post edited by joefish on
    Joefish
    - IONIAN-GAMES.com -
  • First one sounds like a Colour Clash style game...