i am currently listening to........

Comments

• edited April 2007
    i quite liked that band, Lamb.

Am currently listening to 'Inside The Torn Apart' by Napalm Death and 'Defeat or Humiliate The United States Of America' by Please Inform The Captain This Is A Hijack'.
  • edited April 2007
    Bluce_Ree wrote: »
    i quite liked that band, Lamb.

Am currently listening to 'Inside The Torn Apart' by Napalm Death and 'Defeat or Humiliate The United States Of America' by Please Inform The Captain This Is A Hijack'.

theres a super rare napalm death 7" single on here http://7inchcrust.blogspot.com/
    it was free with their second album, from enslavement to obliteration
    theres also loads of other crust / grind bands on there, rare singles by extreme noise terror and sore throat among others
    Professional Mel-the-Bell Simulator................"So realistic, I found myself reaching for the Kleenex King-Size!" - Richard Darling
  • edited April 2007
    Pandora's Box by Jim Steinman.

Contains a few early versions of songs that ended up on later Bat Out of Hell albums.
  • edited April 2007
    now

tom robinson band - the winter of 89 (bootleg album)

love early trb stuff
    Professional Mel-the-Bell Simulator................"So realistic, I found myself reaching for the Kleenex King-Size!" - Richard Darling
  • edited April 2007
    Jimi Hendrix's Dolly Dagger and his version of Johnny B Goode

Mans a genius

Here comes Dolly, Dagger
    Her loves so heavy gonna make you stagger
  • edited April 2007
    "The Crane Wife" by The Decemberists. An album that also goes really-well with a nice long sesh with Colonization on DOSBox.
  • edited April 2007
    This morning on the train to work I listened to:

'Siamese Dream' - Smashing Pumpkins (Forgot how great it is)
    'White Blood Cells' - White Stripes

For the journey back I have:

'Badmotorfinger' - Soundgarden (Amazing - perfect album)
    'Young for Eternity' - Subways
  • edited April 2007
    I got myself all other Tarot albums I didn't have, so I'm listening to them chronologically. Right now it's the albums Spell of Iron and To Live Forever
  • edited April 2007
    now

the cardiacs - Songs for ships and irons (song = stoneage dinosaurs)
  • edited April 2007
    Peter and the Test Tube Babies
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • edited April 2007
    Necros wrote: »
    I went to see Donovan in a small hotel in Kilkenny a few years back. How the mighty have fallen. :)

He was quite good though.

What, god in the hotel or a few years back. ;-)

Listening to Leroy Hutson's 'So Nice'.
  • edited April 2007
    The Cramps "How to Make a Monster" double disc set of their early stuff, bought it from a little shop in Brighton called "The Punker Bunker".
  • edited April 2007
    Steven Wilson's cover of A Forest (The Cure) and it's really good too. Only bought it a few days ago and it arrived today. :)

Necros.
  • edited April 2007
    The instigators - dine upon the dead (song = ignorance is bliss)
    fucking awesome melodic anarcho punk, love it
  • edited April 2007
    Eternal Tears of Sorrow (melodic death) - albums 'Before the Bleedig Sun' and 'Chaotic Beauty'
  • edited April 2007
    The new Porcupine Tree album - "Fear Of A Blank Planet" - which I just bought less than an hour ago. It's sounding very good so far.

Necros.
  • edited November 2007
    a nice bit of John Zorn :D

nice head fucking mad improvised jazz :P
  • edited November 2007
    Queens of Stone Age! I can't believe It took me this much time to find them out!

The Strokes

and Bob Dylan (it's an autom type of thing, I always go back to dylan in autom...)
  • edited November 2007
    Procol Harum - A Salty Dog

A new band.
  • edited November 2007
    Sun Ra - futuristic sounds of

more fucked up crazy jazz :)
  • edited November 2007
    Evergrey - Recreation Day
  • edited November 2007
    ivor Cutler - life in a scotch sitting room vol 2
  • edited November 2007
    incredibly strange music vol 1
  • zx1zx1
    edited November 2007
    I am listening to a french band called Air. They're quite good.
    We must perform a quirkafleeg
  • edited November 2007
    zx1 wrote: »
    I am listening to a french band called Air. They're quite good.
    Air are awesome. Which album are you listening to?
  • edited November 2007
    I remember Air. Sort of good at the time but forgettable, maybe I should give them another listen.

This week I am mostly listening to another 90's band: Gorky's Zygoric Mynci
  • edited November 2007
    WhizzBang wrote: »
    I remember Air. Sort of good at the time but forgettable, maybe I should give them another listen.
    yeah i dont mind a slight bit of air..i have a 12" ......but tbh i can live without em..plenty of better ambient / chill out bands out there
  • edited November 2007
  • edited November 2007
    In the past few hours I have been listening to tech Podcasts from America and 'Exit Stage Left' from my favourite band, Canadian rockers 'Rush' :)
  • edited November 2007
    stuff ive been listening today

Ivor Cutler - life in a scotch sitting room vol2
    incredibly strange music vol 1
    Sun Ra - Futuristic sounds of
    John Zorn
    Circle Jerks - wild in the streets
    nomeansno - generic shame ep
    Fugazi-13 Songs (thanks ebb bloody ell )
    Dwarves - blood, guts and pussy (awesome fucking album)
    Faster and louder 1 and 2 comps