i am currently listening to........

Comments

• edited January 2008
    Dog Eat Dog - In the doghouse: the best and the rest.
    Die Fantastischen vier - Fornika
    The Vandals - Peace through vandalism
    The Electro Hippies - Play fast or die
    Extreme Noise Terror - Extreme Noise Terror
    Extra Hot Sauce - The Taco of Death
    You can't beat that old late night lounge jazz...
    I wanna tell you a story 'bout a woman I know...
  • edited January 2008
    bobs wrote: »
    Seriously? I haven't liked much of what he's done since Raingods..., but Marillion's last effort was awful so I'm willing to give Fish another try if he's back to his old self?
    Definitely worth the effort.

I didn't think Somewhere Else was that bad but Marbles was so good it was always going to be an anti-climax.
    I wanna tell you a story 'bout a woman I know...
  • edited January 2008
    karingal wrote: »
    You can't beat that old late night lounge jazz...

Grooooooovy 8)

Nice! :)

Smooooooooovvvv :D
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • edited January 2008
    Definitely worth the effort.

I didn't think Somewhere Else was that bad but Marbles was so good it was always going to be an anti-climax.

I'll try and get hold of a copy then.

Marbles was truly excellent, but I'm worried that they're heading down too commercial a route now to produce anything quite as great again. :roll:
  • edited January 2008
    I decided to return a bit to my Pink Floyd Days, so I'm listening to The Wall, Momentary Lapse Of Reason, Wish You Were Here, etc.
  • edited January 2008
    David Byrne - Like Humans Do
  • edited January 2008
    I lstened to Saw Throats InDestroy last night whilst varnishing some wood in the garage, man that's a weird, well I think you'd call it an EP, couldn't really call it an album as such, but that shit is crazy.

I'm sure I've heard it before when I was much younger though, and given the era it's from chances are I have actually heard it before, as it sounded very familiar in places.
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • edited January 2008
    Rush - Snakes And Arrows (Great album, a real return to the late 70's Rush era)
    I bought that early last year. Still haven't gotten around to listening to it though. :oops:

I will do so soon, I promise. :)
    Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - Raising Sand. Mr Plant hasn't sounded this good in years.
    That one is on my to-buy list. I heard a couple of songs and it sounds fantastic.
    And still can't get Fish - Thirteenth Star out of the CD player. An absolutely stunning album.
    Don't like Fish's solo stuff at all (it's not a patch on what he did with Marillion IMO) but I downloaded and listened to 13th Star last week after being endlessly badgered into doing so and *GASP* actually thought it was very good. I ordered the album from his website and it just arrived a few moments ago. Yay! :D

Necros.
  • edited January 2008
    kid rock - rock and roll jesus.
  • edited January 2008
    merman wrote: »
    David Byrne - Like Humans Do

Tight git, go any buy your self some propper music rather than listening to the tunes that come free with Windows XP. :p
    Calling all ASCII Art Architects Visit the WOS Wall of Text and contribute: https://www.yourworldoftext.com/wos
  • edited January 2008
    Scottie_uk wrote: »
    Tight git, go any buy your self some propper music rather than listening to the tunes that come free with Windows XP. :p

ha ha, i thought i recognised that song name.
  • edited January 2008
    Definitive Rolf Harris.

Who could forget 2 little boys.
  • edited January 2008
    beanz wrote: »
    Definitive Rolf Harris.

where they the ones playing with his extra leg?
  • edited January 2008
    mile wrote: »
    where they the ones playing with his extra leg?

Let me correct that for you and make it more amusing....

Were they the ones playing with his Didgeridoo?
  • edited January 2008
    Let me correct that for you and make it more amusing....

Were they the ones playing with his Didgeridoo?

ha ha.

or where they the ones playing with his penis. :)
  • edited January 2008
    Hunting High And Low - a-ha
  • edited January 2008
    Over the last few weeks, I've been ripping my old cds onto my hard drive (500gig, so I thought, why not?) so I've been listening to some real old gems that I'd forgotten about! Currently I've got "Battle Magic" by Bal Sagoth on. Awsome album that I've not heard in a good ten years!
  • edited January 2008
    Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - The Beatles
  • edited January 2008
    Definitive Rolf Harris.

No! The Court of King Caracticus is by far the Rolfsters finest effort, either that or his cover of Stairway to Heaven :lol:
  • edited January 2008
    13th Star - Fish
  • edited January 2008
    Holst: The Planets.
  • edited January 2008
    Die Fantastischen vier - Fornika

I listened to this all the way through last night also whilst varnishing some wood in the garage.

Man they've gone downhill, all the tunes sound like German versions of Outkast and The Bloodhound gang. Not a patch on some of the stuff they did about 10 years ago which was actually quite good, lets just say I'm glad I didn't pay for Fornika.
  • edited January 2008
    whilst varnishing some wood in the garage.

Is that what you children are calling it nowadays?
  • edited January 2008
    ZnorXman wrote: »
    Is that what you children are calling it nowadays?

Nah! If I was on about that I would've just said having a wank :D
  • edited January 2008
    Radiohead - In Rainbows

Andrew
  • edited January 2008
    Just finished listening to The Definitive Singles Collection by a-ha and I'm now playing Blackfield II by Blackfield. An excellent album. 8)

Necros.
  • edited January 2008
    Now playing Treasure by Cocteau Twins.
  • edited January 2008
    Electronic - Best Of
  • edited January 2008
    Scoundrel Days - a-ha

Their best album overall and a brilliant slice of 80s. :)

Necros.
  • edited January 2008
    Born in a tank - Candlemass