i am currently listening to........

Comments

• edited May 22
    Listening to some Queen today - mostly Queen 1 and 2 albums. My fave band of all time but I try and avoid listening to full albums, focusing on individual tracks every now and then, as it always makes me feel my melancholy blues to listen to too many tracks. But today was a "screw that." for reasons I won't go into.

30th anniversary next year Freddie went. How the hell did that time go so quick? Can still vividly remember my mum waking me up at 6am that morning to tell me the news, crying her eyes out. That was my version of the "you can always remember where you were when you heard JFK died" moment.
    Post edited by Vampyre on
  • zx1 wrote: »
    Black sabbath's first LP from back in 1970. Still sounds great.
    Yeah, the 1st 30 seconds of the 1st (and title) track, is just unworldly...

I wanna tell you a story 'bout a woman I know...
  • Apologies for the depressing post last night - one of those days I'm afraid that I rarely have, usually I'm a bright-side-of-life person.

Think I'll listen to some Radiohead or Morrissey and cheer myself up today
  • Vampyre wrote: »
    Apologies for the depressing post last night - one of those days I'm afraid that I rarely have, usually I'm a bright-side-of-life person.

Think I'll listen to some Radiohead or Morrissey and cheer myself up today
    Dont worry fella, we all have down periods. especially when things like this rears its ugly head, its not easy
    Professional Mel-the-Bell Simulator................"So realistic, I found myself reaching for the Kleenex King-Size!" - Richard Darling
  • The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night (1964) in stereo.
    We must perform a quirkafleeg
  • KENT - Då som nu för alltid (2015)

A swedish band i'd never heard of and came up in a random youtube hunt.

Not quite sure how you classify it, middle of the road maybe, anyway I really liked sista den sangen their last ever track.
  • edited June 12
    Cross thread crazy! Cooking right now, gonna listen to some punk stuff whilst cooking, but starting off the crazy with some Peter Schilling :))

Earth belooooow usssss!!!!!!!!!!!

:))

Still feel sorry for Gail Benniker :))
    Post edited by dm_boozefreek on
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • well, check Lucie Horsch

my old website http://home.hccnet.nl/c.born/ has changed to http://www.cborn.nl/zxfiles/ so just click it and select a file
  • New song by Yello, lol, its mental
    Professional Mel-the-Bell Simulator................"So realistic, I found myself reaching for the Kleenex King-Size!" - Richard Darling
  • funny
    my old website http://home.hccnet.nl/c.born/ has changed to http://www.cborn.nl/zxfiles/ so just click it and select a file
  • my old website http://home.hccnet.nl/c.born/ has changed to http://www.cborn.nl/zxfiles/ so just click it and select a file

Oh, Yeah!
    Might be worth a visit to luny.co.uk.
  • I've found some tapes of mine with some old capital radio broadcast by Mike Allen.
    Rediscovered some old classics.

and

Funky, yeah!
    Might be worth a visit to luny.co.uk.
    I love it! It’s like a geriatric Matrix video and Dieter Meier is looking like late-era Captain Beefheart.

Cheeky Funster (53)
    I love it! It’s like a geriatric Matrix video and Dieter Meier is looking like late-era Captain Beefheart.

looks like they have an album out 28.08.20 called POINT
  • Didn't realise Dieter Meier is now 75!!!
  • Been having a "stuff that reminds me of school" day in the office today...

Pearl Jam - Ten
    Alice In Chains - Facelift
    Megadeth - Rust In Peace
    Rage Against The Machine - RATM
    Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
    Therapy? - Troublegum

Currently: Soundgarden - Superunknown
  • GreenCard wrote: »
    Been having a "stuff that reminds me of school" day in the office today...

Pearl Jam - Ten
    Megadeth - Rust In Peace
    Therapy? - Troublegum

erm more like remind me of my early 20s ;)
  • I know it’s not on Troublegum, but I always thought it was weird that Therapy’s cover of Diane got played on the chart show one Saturday afternoon. Subject matter of that song is a bit touchy at the best of times. Pretty sure the original version caused quite a stir, because Husker Du released it not that long after Diane was killed.
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • GreenCard wrote: »

Pearl Jam - Ten
    Megadeth - Rust In Peace
    Therapy? - Troublegum

I remember every one of those albums, they all came out when i was in my mid-late teens.
  • I know it’s not on Troublegum, but I always thought it was weird that Therapy’s cover of Diane got played on the chart show one Saturday afternoon. Subject matter of that song is a bit touchy at the best of times. Pretty sure the original version caused quite a stir, because Husker Du released it not that long after Diane was killed.

I didn't even know it was a cover! Great song, that. :)
    GreenCard wrote: »

Pearl Jam - Ten
    Megadeth - Rust In Peace
    Therapy? - Troublegum

erm more like remind me of my early 20s ;)
    zx1 wrote: »

Pearl Jam - Ten
    Megadeth - Rust In Peace
    Therapy? - Troublegum

I remember every one of those albums, they all came out when i was in my mid-late teens.

Hehe! These all (except Rust In Peace) came out while I was at high school, from 91-94. All of these albums got passed around my form group a lot. :)
  • I sat in the weirdos corner in my form for the last 2 years of school, with a rich kid who was bang into hip hop, a scruffy lank haired kid who liked Indie type stuff, and the only kid in the class who liked metallica...The rest of the class were divs who listened to stuff like.Clock, and QFX :))
  • zx1 wrote: »

Pearl Jam - Ten
    Megadeth - Rust In Peace
    Therapy? - Troublegum

I own every one of those albums, except Smashing Pumpkins. Never liked them.
  • I used to but all i have now is Pearl Jam and Megadeth on CD, the rest were on cassette and god knows what happened to them, probably loaned them out and never got them back :))
  • edited June 25
    Not a fan of the Smashing Pumpkins myself, couple of songs are OK, but nah...

Never liked Megadeth though, although a lot of the metal kids at school loved them. Quite a lot of back patches on denim jackets if I remember :))
    Post edited by dm_boozefreek on
  • edited June 26
    I sat in the weirdos corner in my form for the last 2 years of school, with a form rich kid who was bang into hip hop, a scruffy lank haired kid who liked Indie type stuff, and the only kid in the class who liked metallica...The rest of the class were divs who listened to stuff like.Clock, and QFX :))

My form room for the last two years was the art room, which had quite a strange seating layout. You still had the clever lot at the front and the "louts" at the back, but it left a kind of "neutral" bunch in the middle who seemed to mingle and get on with everyone. That first registration of the day was like a swap meet, everyone passing music and games (mostly NES/SNES/Master System/Megadrive stuff at that point) around. Good times! :)

I remember one kid got really hacked off with me once because I'd borrowed a Floyd album (Wish You Were Here) off someone one week and then a Prodigy album (Experience) the next. He actually said something along the lines of "are you a raver, or are you into rock? You can't like both." A bunch of us laughed at him and he didn't really say much after that, like he'd instantly realised how stupid he sounded. :))
    Post edited by GreenCard on
  • This takes me back, I looked up Desmond Dekker to educate my missus about who was first with that sound - first and best by far.

• mik3d3nch wrote: »
    This takes me back, I looked up Desmond Dekker to educate my missus about who was first with that sound - first and best by far.

depends how you define first, desmond, laurel Aitkin, Millie small etc were pretty early and broke it to the UK etc, but Ska started as calypso (where you got the likes of Mighty Sparrow and Lord Kitchener), also The likes of Bob Marley and Lee scratch Perry were instrumental in its early sound
  • Bob Marley was a protege of Desmond Dekker and you could argue that Harry Belafonte popularized the calypso sound in the UK. Don't forget the Equals either!
  • edited June 26
    mik3d3nch wrote: »
    Bob Marley was a protege of Desmond Dekker and you could argue that Harry Belafonte popularized the calypso sound in the UK. Don't forget the Equals either!
    Eddy grant :P

Bob was recording for Lee Perry early on too

this has just dropped on youtube talking of early ska tracks, prince buster all stars

Post edited by mel the bell on