i am currently listening to........

Comments

• edited June 29
    Cheese Nacho Baby Baby...

Post edited by Luzie on
  • tip of the day, thanks to some guys in the pub, some prettig en gestoorde dutch punks now

PLOEGENDIENST
    my old website http://home.hccnet.nl/c.born/ has changed to http://www.cborn.nl/zxfiles/ so just click it and select a file
  • Crisis wrote: »
    tip of the day, thanks to some guys in the pub, some prettig en gestoorde dutch punks now

PLOEGENDIENST
    That looks to be just the sort of thing mel would love!

I wanna tell you a story 'bout a woman I know...
  • It’s pretty good actually, I see the bloke in the vid is rockin’ a Bad Brains T-Shirt as well...
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • It’s pretty good actually, I see the bloke in the vid is rockin’ a Bad Brains T-Shirt as well...
    Never a bad thing...

• edited July 2
    Crisis wrote: »
    tip of the day, thanks to some guys in the pub, some prettig en gestoorde dutch punks now

PLOEGENDIENST
    tbh i dont already have any of those in mi Dutchie folder either, sounds ok, sounds like newer hardcore, no idea what hes singing though, could be a black neo nazi for all i know LOL
    Post edited by mel the bell on
    Professional Mel-the-Bell Simulator................"So realistic, I found myself reaching for the Kleenex King-Size!" - Richard Darling
  • edited July 2
    Crisis wrote: »

PLOEGENDIENST
    tbh i dont already have any of those in mi Dutchie folder either, sounds ok, sounds like newer hardcore, no idea what hes singing though, could be a black neo nazi for all i know LOL

they actualy are sick off the toerist industrie (1 m per DAY at some point) and say they should take the first plane back home at schiphol
    the first sentence are not clear to me , it could be papiamento or am*dam strat brakka but after that he clearly states "we kunnen gvd niet fietsen" and they are reasonable explicit in their lyrics.
    "pakje koffer en ga mn straat uit"
    etc
    Post edited by Crisis on
    my old website http://home.hccnet.nl/c.born/ has changed to http://www.cborn.nl/zxfiles/ so just click it and select a file
  • some japanees folk metal then , the intruments are real !!
  • Crisis wrote: »

PLOEGENDIENST
    Can't be any worse than the sh|te polo listens to...
  • Had to find a bit of Romeo Void as mel pointed me in their direction.
    Thanked by 1mel the bell
  • Marillion - F.E.A.R.

Unusually for a Marillion album, I've always struggled to get into it. Always worth giving it another try though...
  • Iron Maiden - Fear Of The Dark.
  • Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Damn the torpedos!
    We must perform a quirkafleeg
  • zx1 wrote: »
    Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Damn the torpedos!

Nice choice!!
  • zx1 wrote: »
    Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Damn the torpedos!

Nice choice!!

Had his Greatest Hits on earlier. A big loss to music.
  • Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon.
  • edited July 5
    Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon.

YECHH! The beginning of the end for what was once a great band.Sorry Rich but I saw the original lineup with Syd playing Interstellar Overdrive at the Roundhouse, Chalk Farm Road. Circa 1968 and it was the best performance I ever saw. Couldn't adapt to the change the band went through, too much wallowing in self pity going on from several bands at that time .
    Post edited by mik3d3nch on
  • I liked most of Floyd's 70's output (apart from Atom Heart Mother) Meddle is a superb album.
  • The Orb live last year, cant believe its 30 years :O

only seems 5 minutes since i first heard their first album, 1990 / 91?
    Professional Mel-the-Bell Simulator................"So realistic, I found myself reaching for the Kleenex King-Size!" - Richard Darling
  • I've never been a big fan of techy stuff, but I love The Orb, and yep that album was something I always liked, sounded so different to all the stupid House, Rave, and Gabba shite that was popular at the time, and had so many different influences, and noticable nods to other genres in it's sound that most of the Spazzy single minded puffer jacket, and Eclipse Jean wearing baldies at the time wouldn't have even been aware of (and in most cases probably still aren't), or would've dismissed as shite.

Sad thing is half of them probably still don't even realise if it wasn't for the other influences they'd never have half of their crap to listen to in the first place. I've heard a lot of early techy stuff taking a lot of influence from New Wave, and Goth stuff. Both things your typical baldy technohead type would probably laugh at and call you a hippy for liking.

Plus the Ultraverse was a great album for listening to when your body is loaded up with substances of questionable legality, shall we say ;)
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • edited July 5
    I've never been a big fan of techy stuff, but I love The Orb, and yep that album was something I always liked, sounded so different to all the stupid House, Rave, and Gabba shite that was popular at the time, and had so many different influences, and noticable nods to other genres in it's sound that most of the Spazzy single minded puffer jacket, and Eclipse Jean wearing baldies at the time wouldn't have even been aware of (and in most cases probably still aren't), or would've dismissed as shite.

Sad thing is half of them probably still don't even realise if it wasn't for the other influences they'd never have half of their crap to listen to in the first place. I've heard a lot of early techy stuff taking a lot of influence from New Wave, and Goth stuff. Both things your typical baldy technohead type would probably laugh at and call you a hippy for liking.

Plus the Ultraverse was a great album for listening to when your body is loaded up with substances of questionable legality, shall we say ;)
    i actually saw the orb live at sheffield roxys, where back in the late 80s they filmed in there for the hitman and her LOL

Post edited by mel the bell on
  • 2227, the compilation

i think the tape
    is a bit better somewhere
  • edited July 9
    Cult Music with "Easter German Modern Talking Remake": H & N Flickflack in die Nacht

Look at those Background Graphics :)) (Not Spectrum? Maybe Dragon32?)

Post edited by Luzie on
  • Doesn’t work without the 2 guys having tangerine orange skin, and huge mullets :))

Oh and they need to be pretending they’re still in their 20’s as well ;)
  • edited July 9
    FlickFlack!..nope..never heard of them. I was a big Modern Talking fan..yes I know..the shame..so I loved it. Could be speccy graphics.. Add it to the WOS ..Classic archive!
    Post edited by Ælita on
    On those afternoons in utopia..
  • I remember Flik Flak watches, the adverts made them look great, but they were actually cheap plasticky pieces of crap. I never got one...
  • Goth band Nauts new single which im still waiting to arrive

Thanked by 1Ælita
  • Aye! NAUT ain't bad actually, and I thought I had some stuff by them, but it appears I actually dont? Which is weird, because I can't seem to find it...