i am currently listening to........

134689583

Comments

  • edited January 2008
    Faith - The Cure
  • edited January 2008
    Jet - Shine On.
    I wanna tell you a story 'bout a woman I know...
  • zx1zx1
    edited January 2008
    The song remains the same - Led Zeppelin, one of my favourite live albums.
    We must perform a quirkafleeg
  • edited January 2008
    Deep Purple - Burn. On vinyl!!!
    I wanna tell you a story 'bout a woman I know...
  • edited January 2008
    The TV - Mine
  • edited January 2008
    Necros wrote: »
    But not The Quireboys. :lol:

    Necros.


    I saw them play live in Bedford last August.
  • edited January 2008
    thx1138 wrote: »
    I saw them play live in Bedford last August.
    Still a great live band...
    I wanna tell you a story 'bout a woman I know...
  • edited January 2008
    karingal wrote: »
    Still a great live band...
    Didn't know they were still going. The only song of theirs I've heard was a big hit they had in 1988 and I can't remember what it was called. I'd love to hear it again actually. :)

    Necros.
  • edited January 2008
    Necros wrote: »
    Didn't know they were still going. The only song of theirs I've heard was a big hit they had in 1988 and I can't remember what it was called. I'd love to hear it again actually. :)

    Necros.
    I believe it was Hey You.
    I wanna tell you a story 'bout a woman I know...
  • edited January 2008
    karingal wrote: »
    I believe it was Hey You.
    Yep, that was the one. I just watched the video on Youtube. It was good but I remember it being a lot better. Oh well, that's youth for you. :)

    Necros.
  • edited January 2008
    Fear of a Blank Planet by Porcupine Tree
  • edited January 2008
    Steve(spt) wrote: »
    Fear of a Blank Planet by Porcupine Tree
    I'm struggling with that one, I've listened to it 2 or 3 times but at the moment it just doesn't do it for me.
    What I tend to do is leave it for 6 months and then go back to it and normally everything just clicks. I had the same problem with U2's Achtung Baby and now it's one of my favourites.
    I wanna tell you a story 'bout a woman I know...
  • edited January 2008
    karingal wrote: »
    I'm struggling with that one, I've listened to it 2 or 3 times but at the moment it just doesn't do it for me.
    What I tend to do is leave it for 6 months and then go back to it and normally everything just clicks. I had the same problem with U2's Achtung Baby and now it's one of my favourites.
    I liked it almost immediately myself. Played it about ten times the week it was released. In fact I think I'll put it on now. :)

    Necros.
  • edited January 2008
    You might like it, or dislike it, even more if you play it backwards. Makes for an interesting listening experience.

    And now I feel the urge to commit atrocious and somewhat heinous acts of public flatulence. (wonder if there's a connection?(I shall never listen to songs backwards again!))
  • zx1zx1
    edited January 2008
    karingal wrote: »
    Deep Purple - Burn. On vinyl!!!


    That's a classic 70's album. The riff on the title track is amazing!
    We must perform a quirkafleeg
  • edited January 2008
    Scoundrel Days - a-ha
  • edited January 2008
    East Of The Sun, West Of The Moon - a-ha
  • edited January 2008
    zx1 wrote: »
    That's a classic 70's album. The riff on the title track is amazing!

    Deep Purple was the first hard rock band that got my juices flowing. That energetic, high tempo, no holds barred blend of vocals and guitaring sat well with us college going kids then high on spirits, dreaming a thousands dreams, angst riddern etc. Floyd, Zep and The Doors were to follow soon after to really let loose the demons.

    But boy! You haven't heard the voice of a confused, crazy and hotheaded generation till you've heard a dozen sleep deprived, rather drunk, and tone deaf teenagers singing "Highway Star" at the top of their voice in the middle of the night for no other reason than "it seemed like a good idea at the time"! Heady days indeed!
  • zx1zx1
    edited January 2008
    Arjun wrote: »
    Deep Purple was the first hard rock band that got my juices flowing. That energetic, high tempo, no holds barred blend of vocals and guitaring sat well with us college going kids then high on spirits, dreaming a thousands dreams, angst riddern etc. Floyd, Zep and The Doors were to follow soon after to really let loose the demons.

    But boy! You haven't heard the voice of a confused, crazy and hotheaded generation till you've heard a dozen sleep deprived, rather drunk, and tone deaf teenagers singing "Highway Star" at the top of their voice in the middle of the night for no other reason than "it seemed like a good idea at the time"! Heady days indeed!


    Ha! Been there, done that many times in the past (though it tended to be beatles songs we sang!) Listen to the album 'Deep purple in rock'. One of the best hard rock albums of all time (apart from Machine head!).
    We must perform a quirkafleeg
  • edited January 2008
    People in the Hallway - Outside My Door.
  • edited January 2008
    Sniff 'n The Tears - Driver Seat
  • edited January 2008
    About Face - David Gilmour
  • edited January 2008
    The Motors - Airport
  • edited January 2008
    The Colour Of Spring - Talk Talk
  • zx1zx1
    edited January 2008
    Necros wrote: »
    The Colour Of Spring - Talk Talk


    Talk Talk made one of my fave tracks of all time 'Life's what you make it'. I love that track! Never get bored hearing it.
    We must perform a quirkafleeg
  • edited January 2008
    Robert Plant and Alison Krauss - Raising Sand.
    I wanna tell you a story 'bout a woman I know...
  • edited January 2008
    karingal wrote: »
    Robert Plant and Alison Krauss - Raising Sand.

    I love that CD.. !.. Right now listening to.. Mahavishnu Orchestra - The Inner Mounting Flame ( while programming in FORTH. )
  • edited January 2008
    Steve(spt) wrote: »
    I love that CD.. !..
    I do have exceptionally good taste...

    Might put a bit of Demon on next...:razz:
    I wanna tell you a story 'bout a woman I know...
  • edited January 2008
    lately lots of amy whinehouse...right now Janes Adiction, the album that has "been caught stealling"
  • edited January 2008
    The Rape And Ruin Of Angels (Hosannas In Extrimis) - Cradle Of Filth :)
Sign In or Register to comment.