Will you be my friend (if you have a Wii!)

edited February 2008 in Chit chat
If you have a Wii would you mind awfully adding me to your friends list (and/ or adding your Wii code to this thread)? I've tried it a couple of times with 2 mates who have a Wii but nothing seems to be happening, they add me but nothing appears at my end and vice versa.

Wii Code: 2251 6954 0590 3417

Now I wouldn't vouch for their intelligence so it's probably something that they are doing wrong :-)

I know there's bugger all that can be done online at the moment, it's just out of curiousity really, and to fill my Mii parade up :D

ta
Post edited by liamenikufesin on

Comments

• edited January 2007
    Here you go -
    6075-8496-2837-2990

I'll add you as soon as I can pry my wife away from Zelda.
  • edited January 2007
    Here's my Wii friend code: 7784 4701 6262 4458

I've added you (and Malc74) to my address book.

Both parties have to register each other before they can exchange emails/Miis/etc
  • edited January 2007
    Added both of you.
  • edited January 2007
    How does the Wii connect to the internet + can u surf normal internet sites with it ie WoS and can u recieve emails like u do on a pc ?
  • edited January 2007
    swordheart wrote: »
    How does the Wii connect to the internet + can u surf normal internet sites with it ie WoS and can u recieve emails like u do on a pc ?

It connects via your wireless network. Yes, you can surf the web via the free (until June) Opera web browser. Yes, you can send and receive emails, both to Wii and non-Wii addresses.
  • edited January 2007
    I use the Nintendo WiFi USB thingy with mine. It's not totally reliable though, as I find it tends to spazz out if you don't actually leave your computer on and connected to the internet the whole time.
  • edited January 2007
    cheers guys, have added you both (Daren and Malc74)
  • edited March 2007
    [...bump!]

Finally I got hold of a Wii this week; a friend of mine bought some in Zurich where there are plenty available. :)

My number is 3870 8406 6483 8113
  • edited March 2007
    Finally got mine... :-D

2520 6409 2278 2645

Hooray!
  • edited March 2007
    Here's a master list - keep posting those codes, people! Oh, and let everyone know what your Miis are called.
      Liamenikufesin -
    2251-6954-0590-3417 - Mii name(s) - Wayne, Angela, Sir Clive
    [*]Malc74 - 6075-8496-2837-2990 - Mii names - Malc74, Mand
    [*]Daren - 7784-4701-6262-4458 - Mii name(s) - Daren
    [*]Paul van der Laan - 3870-8406-6483-8113 - Mii name(s) - Schlaulus, Slimanie, Bartje, BadlyDrawn, Sir Clive
    [*]True Video - 2520-6409-2278-2645 - Mii name(s) - Jorge
  • edited March 2007
    Malc74 wrote: »
    Liamenikufesin - 2251-6954-0590-3417 - Mii name(s) - ?

Mii Names are Wayne, Angela and Sir Clive ;)
  • edited March 2007
    What on earth are Miis ?

Are there any online games u can play using the Wii, if so what is it like playing with a wireless connection, do u get a stable connection and good speed ?
  • edited March 2007
    swordheart wrote: »
    What on earth are Miis ?

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14880
    swordheart wrote:
    Are there any online games u can play using the Wii, if so what is it like playing with a wireless connection, do u get a stable connection and good speed ?

No online games, yet, they're on their way. There are several channels, eg news and weather to browse. Also, there's a pretty nifty Opera web browser to download, so you can surf the web on your telly.

The speed's pretty good through my wireless router, web pages load up fairly quickly. The stability of the connection is top notch for me, my router is in the same room :-)
  • edited March 2007
    I have a whole bunch of Miis, including Schlaulus, Slimanie, Bartje, BadlyDrawn and another... Sir Clive. :D

The Opera browser is very nice I have to say. Check out www.wiitoob.com with it; it's youtube but with an interface completely tailored for use on the Wii. And the wifi reception is excellent indeed, it's works like a charm with my Airport Express.
  • edited March 2007
    Paul van der Laan and True Video added, cheers guys!
  • edited March 2007
    Check out the new trailer for Super Mario Galaxy, looks great:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMaV_aLoFjY
  • edited March 2007
    Looks fantastic. Reminds me somewhat of Kula World on the PS1, which also completely messed with your orientation. :)

No signs of Metroid Prime 3 yet (sadly), but I'm sure that means they're only going to release it when it's *really* good.
  • edited March 2007
    Daren wrote: »
    Check out the new trailer for Super Mario Galaxy, looks great:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMaV_aLoFjY

nice to see a next gen console not just about FPS's and driving games
  • edited March 2007
    Malc74 wrote: »
    • True Video - 2520-6409-2278-2645 - Mii name(s) - ?

Mii name: Jorge.

I've added all of you folks but nothing happens. What am I supposed to do now?

Cheers
    J
  • edited March 2007
    TrueVideo wrote: »
    Mii name: Jorge.

I've added all of you folks but nothing happens. What am I supposed to do now?

Cheers
    J

The other person has to add you before you can email/send them your Miis. Check your address book, if the contact is greyed out it means they haven't added you. If it's not greyed out you can go ahead and send them a message. I'll add you over the weekend.
  • edited March 2007
    Also, go into the Mii channel and check the Mii parade, that's where we will be :)
  • edited March 2007
    Got your mii's already - there's a nice little gang going now!

cheers
    J
  • edited March 2007
    Check out these new Wii commercials from Nintendo America, featuring Miis:

http://www.wiisworld.com/wii-news/mii-commercials.html
  • edited May 2007
    Well I finally got my wireless router thingy so I can Wii online now (Oh Dear! - Ed). My Wii code is 1354 1111 6224 7860.

See you there (hopefully).

Necros.
  • edited May 2007
    Virtually all consoles end up with a smaller version i.e. PSP, DS Lite.
    If the Nintendo Wii gets a 'lite' version will it be a Nintendo Wii Wii?
    I wanna tell you a story 'bout a woman I know...
  • edited May 2007
    UPDATED
    Here's a master list - keep posting those codes, people! Oh, and let everyone know what your Miis are called.
      Liamenikufesin -
    2251-6954-0590-3417 - Mii names - Wayne, Angela, Sir Clive
    [*]Malc74 - 6075-8496-2837-2990 - Mii names - Malc74, Mand
    [*]Daren - 7784-4701-6262-4458 - Mii name - Daren
    [*]Paul van der Laan - 3870-8406-6483-8113 - Mii names - Schlaulus, Slimanie, Bartje, BadlyDrawn, Sir Clive
    [*]True Video - 2520-6409-2278-2645 - Mii name - Jorge
    [*]Necros - 1354 1111 6224 7860 - Mii name - Nomen Luni
  • edited May 2007
    My single solitary Mii is called Nomen Luni (unsurprisingly). I might create more later.

By the way, I've added you all. Hurry up and do the same. :)

Necros.
  • edited May 2007
    Does anyone here have a Mii called Miichelle? It mysteriously appeared on my console today but I don't know where it came from.

Necros.
  • edited May 2007
    Necros wrote: »
    Does anyone here have a Mii called Miichelle? It mysteriously appeared on my console today but I don't know where it came from.

Necros.

Is she hott?
    I can't remember my Wii code off-hand.
  • edited May 2007
    redballoon wrote: »
    I can't remember my Wii code off-hand.

If you did, you would be classed as a sad bastard :)