Death of the revival of the spectrum.

edited November 2002 in Sinclair Miscellaneous
All those who wanted more info on my project send me an email and I will subscribe you to my own messageboard as this one keeps getting locked down...
Post edited by Tkrap64 on

Comments

• edited November 2002
    It keeps getting locked because you keep on jerking us around...
  • edited November 2002
    ???
  • lol at this thread
    Professional Mel-the-Bell Simulator................"So realistic, I found myself reaching for the Kleenex King-Size!" - Richard Darling
  • There was me thinking this was about the bluetooth keyboard thingy
    General Malthadius Zoff
    Magenta icon
  • Zoffy wrote: »
    There was me thinking this was about the bluetooth keyboard thingy

It couldn't have a vaguer title. ;)
    I never make misteaks mistrakes misyales errurs — oh, sod it.
  • edited October 2017
    It could have been called "Is it?" or even "A thread". It was TKrap after all.
    robert@fm wrote: »
    Zoffy wrote: »
    There was me thinking this was about the bluetooth keyboard thingy

It couldn't have a vaguer title. ;)

Post edited by F_Clowder on
    What now?
  • edited October 2017
    I missed out on the thread originally and only read up on it a few weeks ago after meaning to read it for years.

Bloke was a complete f**k-nugget. Good intentions with absolutely zero ability to follow it through and simply wouldn't listen to those who DO know. Then started spamming the board with different users claiming they weren't him when it blatantly was. What a colossal tw@.

My favourite similar nut-job has to be the eBay seller who was going to charge people postage for driving all the way to his residence to collect. Man, he would not be told otherwise...
    Post edited by Vampyre on
  • Vampyre wrote: »
    I missed out on the thread originally and only read up on it a few weeks ago after meaning to read it for years.

Bloke was a complete f**k-nugget. Good intentions with absolutely zero ability to follow it through and simply wouldn't listen to those who DO know. Then started spamming the board with different users claiming they weren't him when it blatantly was. What a colossal tw@.

My favourite similar nut-job has to be the eBay seller who was going to charge people postage for driving all the way to his residence to collect. Man, he would not be told otherwise...

It was extremely entertaining though.
    I wanna tell you a story 'bout a woman I know...
  • What a colossal tw@.

He was 13 years old at the moment. You people are judging him much too harsh.

I wasn't present at WOS when he was active but I read a few old threads. Yes, he talked rubbish about his grandiose "projects" but bigger idiots than him were adult 30 years old guys who first believed in everything that he said and later mocked him in revenge for making them fools.

For me he was just a little kid genuinely interested in Zx Spectrum which was really unusual at his age. He needed some guidance and not killing his enthusiasm with mockery.
  • Nope, I stand by my original theory that he was a tw@. My eldest is 13 years old and exhibits similar tw@tty behaviour so I speak from experience ;-)

In all fairness I did forget how young he was in my original post so I'll let him off a bit :-) There have been much older, should-know-better idiots over the years. That eBayer I mentioned always sticks out in my mind. Oh, and the conspiracy nutter, and the fascist who was quite scary.
  • The biggest nutter on here was Roger Jowett or perhaps Cornish Davey.
    Or zx1 :))
    We must perform a quirkafleeg
  • ^^^ Along those lines, a BIG BAPS shout out to good old colander head! :))
    What now?
  • Jowlett was/is candidate, I always thought he was poorly written AI. Personally, for me Cornish was all part of what made the Millennial WOS kind of weird and wonderful.
    Calling all ASCII Art Architects Visit the WOS Wall of Text and contribute: https://www.yourworldoftext.com/wos
  • I kind of miss the mix of oddball characters we used to have, it sometimes made for interesting reading.
    We must perform a quirkafleeg
  • I knew Roger from when I had a YouTube Spectrum channel. He seemed quite passionate and technical about the SAM computer if I'm remembering right. Think he had some demos on his channel showing what the SAM could do.
  • I miss Joff, and of course JimL also. Oddly enough I also miss Lister. And ViktorD. So many WoSsers gone before their time.
    And I'm sorry I don't remember everyone's names, I have memory issues.
    What now?
  • F_Clowder wrote: »
    I miss Joff, and of course JimL also. Oddly enough I also miss Lister. And ViktorD. So many WoSsers gone before their time.
    And I'm sorry I don't remember everyone's names, I have memory issues.

Someone should have upgraded F_Clowder with a wobbly RAM pack...