So, who's entering the csscgc 2007?

edited January 2008 in Games
Anybody entering the comp.sys.sinclair Crap Games Copmo 2007?

I'm thinking of entering this year. I put two games in in 2005, Kilroy's Caravan Capers and Bus Shelter Destroyer, which both gained admirably low scores. :)

You can have a look-see at them here:
http://www.unsatisfactorysoftware.co.uk/csscgc/csscgc.cgi?author=Michael+McLarnon

Couldn't motivate myself to enter in 2006, but I've got a few ideas cooking for 2007.

Anybody else thinking of entering this year?

And what about the WOS crap games compo? Is anybody organising one of them this year? I wouldn't mind entering that either. :)
Post edited by BigBadMick on

Comments

• edited May 2007
    I've already sent one, and it's about senseless teenage vandalism just like Bus Shelter Destroyer. The game consists of dropping stones from a motorway flyover :o
  • edited May 2007
    That sounds like a cracking idea for a game.

Wish I'd thought of that one myself... :)
  • edited May 2007
    At least the idea is good, the rest is abysmal. I think that it will made a superb crap game.
    Oh, I forgot to mention that it has an integrated karaoke! Wow!
  • edited May 2007
    Advanced programming - bound to gain you some extra crappo points...
  • edited May 2007
    my entry was looking excellent but I gave up on it. I should reinstall that BASIC editor thing and get back onto it.
  • edited May 2007
    I'm sure I'll put one in eventually. I'm still waiting for inspiration to strike, but the basic plan is to come up with a bright idea and then spend a couple of hours with BASin completely messing it up. :smile:
  • edited May 2007
    I'm thinking of doing another Freescape game this year, after the "Advanced Shed Simulator" I did for '06.

I reckon I'm gonna submit "Resident Evil -1"
  • edited May 2007
    I have an idea for "Super ScottieUK's Dance Simulator". I was inspired by his YouTube videos.

/Hope I get time to do it though.
    //Rumours that I was going to submit a "Super NickH Radio Interview Simulator" are completely unfounded.

Andrew
  • edited May 2007
    I will be joining the competition! As long as there is no rule about the age of the games I have several candidates.

I have spent some time restoring old tapes and found many games I made as a child twenty years ago, and they are not all that good.. :smile:

Some sneak previews for now:

Znap Shot: Arcanoid clone, very slow

Eliminator: Some kind of exploring game

Shooting Training: First subgame of a not finished military game

Wolf Saboteur: Platform game where you for some reason are chased by a wolf

Turtles 1: Ninja Turtles game part one

Turtles 2: Second turtles game I made for my smaller sister who liked the Ninja Turtles back then

All entries are of course pure BASIC!
  • edited May 2007
    While we have the sets for each year available in the archive, the set for 2005 is strangely missing.
    Does anyone know where to get it (or can provide it)?
  • edited May 2007
    May submit the second part of the Maggot Invasion adventure, which is far, far worse than last years Part 1. Plus I do have something new to offer, and it's very crap indeed. :) Im quite chuffed about it.
  • edited May 2007
    I've nearly finished my Joey Deacon Olympic challenge game, and am working on a new game 'Professional Jamie Oliver simulator'.

I've an idea for a new game called TURBAN STRIKE, but i think it might be a bit controversial.
  • edited May 2007
    I've nearly finished my Joey Deacon Olympic challenge game, and am working on a new game 'Professional Jamie Oliver simulator'.

I've an idea for a new game called TURBAN STRIKE, but i think it might be a bit controversial.

Oh? Do I smell a sequel to milsuM cinaM?
  • edited May 2007
    mheide wrote: »
    While we have the sets for each year available in the archive, the set for 2005 is strangely missing.
    Does anyone know where to get it (or can provide it)?
    I have a copy here, I can upload it if you want?
    My rubbish website including the redrawn Amstrad schematics and the new home of the Sinclair FAQ wiki.
  • edited May 2007
    [Missing c.s.s. CGC 2005 set]
    guesser wrote: »
    I have a copy here, I can upload it if you want?

Yes, please, that would be very kind.
  • edited May 2007
    aowen wrote: »
    What did the Sikhs ever do to you?

Nothing...that's the point :) ... in order to remain 'PC', I've had to write games for ALL religions (however daft they may be), whether that be Jet Set Jew (a.k.a. Rabid Rabbi), Ivy Tilsley's Catholic Condom Capers, or the official Waco simulator.
  • edited May 2007
    I've an idea for a new game called TURBAN STRIKE

Turban Upstart, surely?
  • edited May 2007
    aowen wrote: »
    What did the Sikhs ever do to you?
    Nothing...that's the point :) ... in order to remain 'PC', I've had to write games for ALL religions (however daft they may be), whether that be Jet Set Jew (a.k.a. Rabid Rabbi), Ivy Tilsley's Catholic Condom Capers, or the official Waco simulator.

... eagerly awaiting to hear the names of proposed games based on atheists/agnostics/skepticits/etc :lol: :p
  • edited May 2007
    I am considering making a series of games starring a blind man, with names like:

1. Blind Man Hits the Town
    ...in which the Blind Man suffers a series of hilarious mishaps as he goes out for a night on the tiles,

and...

2. Blind Man Goes on a Date
    ...in which the Blind Man goes on a date and suffers a similar series of hilarious mishaps as he goes on a date.

I'm also thinking of making a Ultimate Epilepsy Simulator.

Anybody else got any ideas for entries for this year's Crap Games Compo?
  • edited May 2007
    BigBadMick wrote: »
    I'm also thinking of making a Ultimate Epilepsy Simulator.?

As an ex-epileptic might I ask if you have any plans beyond the title? I suggest you might do it DT's Decathlon style, pressing random keys in a frenzy so that you can induce mouth froth to fling at your adversaries?
    BigBadMick wrote: »
    Anybody else got any ideas for entries for this year's Crap Games Compo.?

Yes. Ultimate Epileptic Stimulator in which said epileptic gets into Lunar Jetman's mystical trailer for a stimulating ride. The crap bit would be no obvious endgame.
  • edited May 2007
    Who's be hosting the entry page this year? Can newbies take part?
    With a top title in pre-production our talentless bandits may be contenders..

"LOST"
    Based on the US hit series of the same name and featuring an all-new character EXCLUSIVE TO THE SPECTRUM - who's been "waiting in the WINGS" to bring this puzzle to a thrilling-chilling-killing conclusion!

Game Features.
    Superb Opening Credits (followed by sh**-load of adverts)
    The Button - a REALTIME opportunity to save the islanders!
    Unique plot LOOPS - lordy!
    The Numbers - they are evil I tell thee.
    Sid James*

What makes the title strong is its open-ended structure featuring REM and GOSUB statements. Plus RND. No game will EVER be the same twice!

*- subject to negotiation, may be replaced by fatty jakes
  • edited May 2007
    Here's the official webpage for the comp.sys.sinclair Crap Games Compo 2007:

http://www.unsatisfactorysoftware.co.uk/index.php?pg=cgc2007

Just in case anyone's interested. :)
  • edited May 2007
    I submitted an entry into the 2006 CGC around November time ("704"). I plan to do better and get it in at maximum 6 hours before the official closing deadline. It has to be done.

How about:

Agrivated Atheist:
    You are an Atheist who has to avoid all the blinding messages from God, miracles, etc..
    You have to see how long you can remain faithless for.

I think I am onto something there!
  • edited May 2007
    BloodBaz wrote: »
    I submitted an entry into the 2006 CGC around November time ("704"). I plan to do better and get it in at maximum 6 hours before the official closing deadline. It has to be done.

How about:

Agrivated Atheist:
    You are an Atheist who has to avoid all the blinding messages from God, miracles, etc..
    You have to see how long you can remain faithless for.

I think I am onto something there!

I was gonna suggest Angry Athiest, then scrolled down and seen your reply, I like your description a lot :D

Andrew, losing your faith sucks big time, it`s like losing your life (almost)... seriously :)
  • edited May 2007
    I'd like to think that anyone who loses their faith is actually gaining something better in the process. :smile:
  • edited May 2007
    I gained raging alholism, chainsmoking and a deep dependance on dope, lol ;) Oh, and a reputation as a fool/chatterbox.

LMAO
  • edited May 2007
    When is the deadline for entries? And is there a website for it?
    My entry for last years compo wasn't complete in time due to workload and laziness... I may try to get it finished for this years compo instead, tho' I'm already stupidly busy for the rest of the year :/
  • edited May 2007
    Shuggy wrote: »
    "LOST"
    Based on the US hit series of the same name and featuring an all-new character EXCLUSIVE TO THE SPECTRUM - who's been "waiting in the WINGS" to bring this puzzle to a thrilling-chilling-killing conclusion!

Game Features.
    Superb Opening Credits (followed by sh**-load of adverts)
    The Button - a REALTIME opportunity to save the islanders!
    Unique plot LOOPS - lordy!
    The Numbers - they are evil I tell thee.
    Sid James*

What makes the title strong is its open-ended structure featuring REM and GOSUB statements. Plus RND. No game will EVER be the same twice!

*- subject to negotiation, may be replaced by fatty jakes

You mean like this "Lost: The Video game"?:
    http://broken-tv.blogspot.com/2007/02/lost-videogame-brokentv-exclusive.html
  • edited June 2007
    Hmmm....

How about...

MORMON MEL (a.k.a. Church of the Latter Day Punks)

Mel the Bell has become a mormon. The object of the game being to freak out as many people as possible with his shiny eyes and tambourine, whilst avoiding the temptation of masturbation.
  • edited June 2007
    That's fantastic, Simon. Love it. You gotta do it!