Live Free, or Die Hard 4.0 or whatever.

edited July 2007 in Chit chat
Just saw it ... ok action flick ... that kid from the Mac commercials was tolerable ... Kevin Smith is getting a bit fluffier around the edges.

Minus the computer stuff this movie is pretty good ... well ... it's an action movie, what more do you want? No, I mean seriously!

Skarpo
:-)
Post edited by Skarpo on

Comments

• edited June 2007
    Skarpo wrote: »
    Just saw it ... ok action flick ... that kid from the Mac commercials was tolerable ... Kevin Smith is getting a bit fluffier around the edges.

Minus the computer stuff this movie is pretty good ... well ... it's an action movie, what more do you want? No, I mean seriously!

Skarpo

Does Bruce Willis have his Zimmer frame with him, or is that the CG effects you were on about? They used computers to remove his zimmer?

That turd off the Mac adverts in an action film eh? When I saw a preview a while ago that put me off, he's OK in comedies (with the exception of Jeepers Creepers, although that was almost a comedy even though it wasn't meant to be), but that's about it.
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • edited June 2007
    Does Bruce Willis have his Zimmer frame with him, or is that the CG effects you were on about? They used computers to remove his zimmer?

Ah ... sorry it was late or something ... no, the plot relies slightly on the usage of computers ... if you know anything about how to turn on one of those devices then you might have a problem with their implementation into the storyline but if not then you'll be able to enjoy this action moobie.
  • edited June 2007
    Live Free, or Die Hard 4.0

I thaught this thread was about a new American constitution or somthing. :p

Andrew.
    Calling all ASCII Art Architects Visit the WOS Wall of Text and contribute: https://www.yourworldoftext.com/wos
  • edited June 2007
    It's been twelve years since the last one. I think old Brucie may be a bit past it now... :)

Still, I really like the other films so I might check it out. Does Thornberg make an appearance? He was sadly absent from the third part.

Necros.
  • edited June 2007
    How would you say it compares to the other three?

I got the DVD box set for fathers day so I've watched them all recently:

Die Hard - IMO one of the best action movies ever made.

Die Hard 2 - Good, but not as good as the first. There's a few too many corny/irritating things in there, still hugely enjoyable though.

Die Hard with a Vengenace - Better than two, worse than 1. Samuel Jackson is as good as ever and it's got a good plot with McLane bombing around (no pun intended) in a game of Simon Says.
  • edited June 2007

Skarpo

Yeah, Smith was in it for like five minutes, and that was the best five minutes of the movie. Justin Long was an ok actor (he was better in "Dodgeball" and "Watiing"). But it was disapointing. So far this year, only one sequel ("Pirates 3") was good. Here's to "Transformers" and "The Simpsons" not dissapointing.
  • edited June 2007
    Vampyre wrote: »
    How would you say it compares to the other three?

I got the DVD box set for fathers day so I've watched them all recently:

Die Hard - IMO one of the best action movies ever made.

Die Hard 2 - Good, but not as good as the first. There's a few too many corny/irritating things in there, still hugely enjoyable though.

Die Hard with a Vengenace - Better than two, worse than 1. Samuel Jackson is as good as ever and it's got a good plot with McLane bombing around (no pun intended) in a game of Simon Says.

I'd say it's similar to "Vengence" (which is my fave out of the lot) in the sense that he's running around doing all these mini-quests.

The violence is somewhat toned down as it's PG-13 (here in the USA) ... there are a couple of brief Parkour scenes.

Skarpo
  • edited June 2007
    Yeah, Smith was in it for like five minutes, and that was the best five minutes of the movie. Justin Long was an ok actor (he was better in "Dodgeball" and "Watiing"). But it was disapointing. So far this year, only one sequel ("Pirates 3") was good. Here's to "Transformers" and "The Simpsons" not dissapointing.

I only saw the first Pirates movie, it was ok but I've just not been in a mood to see the other two ... I'm not too much into pirates ... Rahrr, matey!

It seems like the Transformers movie will be nothing but one big CGI-fest and I hope the visual "complexity" will not ruin it.

The Simpsons ... hmmm ... I'm not too sure about that one ... feels like it's too much of a political statement (the little I know about it).
  • edited June 2007
    The Simpsons ... hmmm ... I'm not too sure about that one ... feels like it's too much of a political statement (the little I know about it).

I hope it won't be as bad as the last few seasons (after that one where Marge loses her memory, the show completely jumped the shark...they started to recycle old plot lines)
  • edited July 2007
    I hope it won't be as bad as the last few seasons (after that one where Marge loses her memory, the show completely jumped the shark...they started to recycle old plot lines)

funnily enough, they makers are aware of this and even put it into one of the opening couch gags, the family jumped a shark before landing on the sofa ala the fonz. :)