What am I playing at?!

edited July 2007 in Games
Now I'm shtump'd. I loaded up a game today (GP2X style thanks to metalbrain :) ) and it was a foreign looking horizontal flip-screen doo-hicky, with a rather smart, white warrior prancing about, waving his sword at green goblins. A lot of the action on the first few screens is masked behind green foliage, which looks really nice. There's a castle, and a switch for lowering a rope, but Ive got no idea how to climb it. So....

What is this rather groovy-looking game?
Was it ever released over here?
How do I climb the rope?

Thankyou :)
Post edited by Graz on

Comments

• edited July 2007
    Aaaarrrggghhh! Double Entendre overload! :p

Necros.
  • edited July 2007
    Necros wrote: »
    Aaaarrrggghhh! Double Entendre overload! :p

Necros.

You dirty lil bugger! :D :D
    Stop looking at my white warrior that way :D
  • edited January 2017
    Was it Warrior Quest on the Sega?
    Or the sequel whatever it was called.

Lord of the Sword?
    Post edited by F_Clowder on
    What now?
  • Blimey, I'd forgotten about this! July 2007 I posted that, lol. I have even more misty memories now. I have no idea what it was. :D
  • Was it Britney's Dance Beat for the PS2?
    What now?
  • F_Clowder wrote: »
    Was it Britney's Dance Beat for the PS2?

Lol! I actually like that game! :D

• Sounds like Capitan Trueno

To climb ropes you need to switch to another character, (there's 3 of them IIRC each with different abilities)
    Thanked by 1Graz
  • That's probably it! I didn't realize this thread was within the Games section. I just saw it on the one side of the forum and the GP2X mention made me think it was a non-Speccy game.

Hope Graz checks in again.
    What now?
  • Hey, great game. Well done for mentioning it. I'm going to have that as my current speccy game to play.
    Might be worth a visit to luny.co.uk.
  • edited January 2017
    A playthrough of El Capitan Trueno, courtesy of Kostya and the RZX Archive:
    Post edited by F_Clowder on
    What now?
  • It was a game about living in Bognor Regis if I remember right ;)
    Every time I read that the oldest person in the world has died, I have to do a quick check to see it isn't ME..........
  • grey key wrote: »
    It was a game about living in Bognor Regis if I remember right ;)

Sounds thrilling! Just imagine that! Wooooow. :D
  • Hikaru wrote: »
    Sounds like Capitan Trueno

To climb ropes you need to switch to another character, (there's 3 of them IIRC each with different abilities)

Oooh, now I remember playing this. Yes that's the game. Best nip over to Sinclair for Sale and try and nab one! :D Cheers folks.

• Weird, I got this on WOS random last week and have been enjoying it. Cool game but seems to get too difficult in the rat infested tunnels, mind you it's easy for a Spanish game.

Change to Crispin, the little yellow guy that can't punch, to climb the ladder.

Thanked by 1Graz
  • R-Tape wrote: »
    Weird, I got this on WOS random last week and have been enjoying it. Cool game but seems to get too difficult in the rat infested tunnels, mind you it's easy for a Spanish game.

Yes you're probably going to lose some HP around there, but otherwise it's quite passable. It helps that you can buy extra lives and whatnot at any time

I remember getting stuck a bit further on, something to do with putting a diamond on the table and the room getting flooded, I think? Need to try again some time
  • Hikaru wrote: »
    Yes you're probably going to lose some HP around there, but otherwise it's quite passable. It helps that you can buy extra lives and whatnot at any time

Aye it's passable, I just couldn't seem to avoid the rats, in fact the more I tried the more I collided with them!
    Hikaru wrote: »
    I remember getting stuck a bit further on, something to do with putting a diamond on the table and the room getting flooded, I think? Need to try again some time

You need to be pretty quick but it's not too bad, took me a few tries though.

trueno_anim_zpsebqpa7mn.gif

Decent game this.
    Thanked by 1Hikaru