New Game! Phantomasa in the Land of the Grunge Wizards

edited September 2007 in Games
NOW!! You already can help Phantomasa in this new adventure, a platform arcade, with 2 different versions : one for the 128K with 50 screens and another one for the 48K, with a few less screens but with the same quality and maybe a little harder!

http://cezgs.computeremuzone.com/eng/card.php?id=18

Let us know your opinion in the forums :

http://computeremuzone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4281&highlight=
Post edited by Ivanzx on

Comments

• edited September 2007
    Zoinks, more breastage. I always feel guilty after visiting that site.

Great to see another cool game though.
  • edited September 2007
    Great, I'm downloading now!
  • edited September 2007
    Nice game only had a blast of the 48k version at the min, I like all the support files that come with it, very handy and interesting.

Good stuff!
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • edited September 2007
    Love the game ! Just had a quick go on it now, very colourful, nice gameplay. Pity you cant redefine the keys though as i know it sounds weird i'm so used to the controls on the left hand side, eg Q - left, W - right and space or something to the right to jump. Felt weird OP and Q to jump !

Very good polished game though, make sure you send it into Retro Gamer for a review
  • edited September 2007
    really amazing !
  • edited September 2007
    We are glad you like it, keep on telling your opinions, and your critizicims, good or bad :)

Cheers!
  • edited September 2007
    psj3809 wrote: »
    Love the game ! Just had a quick go on it now, very colourful, nice gameplay. Pity you cant redefine the keys though as i know it sounds weird i'm so used to the controls on the left hand side, eg Q - left, W - right and space or something to the right to jump. Felt weird OP and Q to jump !

Very good polished game though, make sure you send it into Retro Gamer for a review

Nice to know (about the keyboard layout). My choice when coding games is go for a "console-like" feel so I don't like menues to start such a simple game.

For my next game, I'll try to activate at the same time joystick, the original OPQA layout and a left-handed one, so all players are happy and I am happy 'cause I don't have to build a menu :D

Btw, the next one (with myself on the coding duties) will be a nice shooter with a obscure-horror-mexican theme I'm sure everyone will enjoy. Pure, pointless arcade! :)
  • edited September 2007
    Woo hoo sounds great ! Good on you Nathan. Been releasing some very good games and its exciting when a new one comes out. Still playing this current release, very playable indeed. 2007 and still new Speccy games coming out !

Like i say email Retro Gamer as they would do a review of it for sure.
  • edited September 2007
    It's a nice little game, but I think allowing the enemies to travel through the scenery makes it a bit too difficult. Splitting the game up into levels might have given it a bit more longevity too. Very well produced though. Look forward to your shoot-em-up.

You seem like a pretty competent coder. You should pick-up Joffas abandoned shoot-em-up (Saucer) and finish it off:

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/forums/showthread.php?p=199998#post199998
  • edited September 2007
    Just saw that ! Gutted ! Seemed so good the demo, gutted it might not be finished !!
  • edited September 2007
    bcass wrote: »
    You seem like a pretty competent coder. You should pick-up Joffas abandoned shoot-em-up (Saucer) and finish it off:

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/forums/showthread.php?p=199998#post199998

Oh nooooo! I had no idea that the game had been abandoned. That's really bad, bad, BAD news! I actually felt my heart sink when reading that. And I was so looking forward to seeing Joffa's return to the Speccy via Cronosoft. Joffa's latest 'half of a game' just isn't going to be the same. :(
  • edited September 2007
    Graz wrote: »
    Oh nooooo! I had no idea that the game had been abandoned. That's really bad, bad, BAD news! I actually felt my heart sink when reading that. And I was so looking forward to seeing Joffa's return to the Speccy via Cronosoft. Joffa's latest 'half of a game' just isn't going to be the same. :(

Joffa added some more stuff after releasing those files:
    http://www.worldofspectrum.org/forums/showpost.php?p=199790&postcount=15

So I'm not sure if it's totally abandoned or not... anyway, I don't think na_th_an is the best person to continue Joffa's work, since he's just a beginner with z80 asm. And we're all busy at CEZGS with our own creations.
  • edited September 2007
    Metalbrain wrote: »
    Joffa added some more stuff after releasing those files:
    http://www.worldofspectrum.org/forums/showpost.php?p=199790&postcount=15

So I'm not sure if it's totally abandoned or not... anyway, I don't think na_th_an is the best person to continue Joffa's work, since he's just a beginner with z80 asm. And we're all busy at CEZGS with our own creations.

Cheers Metalbrain. Heres hoping that he sticks with it. Ya hear me Joffa? :)
  • edited September 2007
    Completed the game today! (both versions), Its easier than it seems at the beginning, anybody else made it too?

Cheers
  • edited September 2007
    You either have too much free time or you are a master of games ! About to complete Stronghold (thought that was a very tough game) and now this new one which has only been out a few weeks ! Congrats !!
  • edited September 2007
    You either have too much free time or you are a master of games ! About to complete Stronghold (thought that was a very tough game) and now this new one which has only been out a few weeks ! Congrats !!

Hahah actually I am on vacation, cos I finished working the 3rd, september, but these games are not very haard if you learn how to play them. In the case of Stronghold is a game of learning and doing, If you learn and memorize you will be able to go further and further. Is a good game, harder than Phantomasa 2, or perhaps, longer to complete.

Cheers
  • edited September 2007
    Saucer isn't abandoned! But feel free to mess with the code!

I've been side-tracked doing other things of late and lost some of the up-to-date code that was stored on a laptop that got stolen - but I'm just about to start finishing it off. If you see what I mean!
  • edited September 2007
    You completed Justin yet ? Love playing that game but seemed to have got a bit stuck.

Anyway can you stop playing games and get back to creating new games please !! ;)
  • edited September 2007
    frobush wrote: »
    Saucer isn't abandoned!
    Best news all week!
  • edited September 2007
    Saucer isn't abandoned! But feel free to mess with the code!

I've been side-tracked doing other things of late and lost some of the up-to-date code that was stored on a laptop that got stolen - but I'm just about to start finishing it off. If you see what I mean!

Phew! I feel happy again. :D
  • edited September 2007
    Saucer isn't abandoned!

I'd really like to see this one finished. Can't believe someone nicked your laptop. Must have been a C64 fan getting into some serious sabotage :)
    THE RETRO GAMER IRC CHATROOM. EVERY SUNDAY AT 9PM BST. LOG ON USING THE LINK BELOW:
    https://discordapp.com/invite/cZt59EQ
  • edited September 2007
    You completed Justin yet ? Love playing that game but seemed to have got a bit stuck.

Anyway can you stop playing games and get back to creating new games please !! ;)

No, I didnt complete Justin, I tried but I have to keep it up, its harder though.

Hehe actually when I play is when I help making games, cos I am beta tester, I dont know hot to code, so the only way I can help is playing.

Stay tuned cos there is going to be more games soon...