Tescos 2 CD compilations for ?7, or 2 of them for ?10

edited October 2007 in Chit chat
Has anybody seen those new 2 CD album sets they're selling in Tescos? Theyre priced at 2 CD albums for ?7, or you can buy 2 of them (i.e. 4 albums) for ?10.

Some of them look pretty good. Offhand, some of the artists I can remember from my shopping trip earlier:

Meatload (Bat Out of Hell and Dead Ringer)
Pink
Britney Spears
Something Furry Animals
Roy Orbison
Gloria Estefan
etc.

Worth a look methinks.

Anybody else seen them?
Post edited by BigBadMick on

Comments

• edited October 2007
    hmm. must be Christmas soon

reminds me of the Arnie 3 DVD box set the wife got me a couple of years ago

Predator/Commando/Conan
  • edited October 2007
    Just realised I wrote "Meatload" instead of "Meatloaf".

Funny. :)
  • edited October 2007
    Not music, but I was really chuffed yesterday to pick up a PC compilation DVD from Game. Broken Sword 1 and 2 on one DVD for ?1.98. So chuffed, and it finally works on XP without me having to screw around with ScummVM!
  • edited October 2007
    Vampyre wrote: »
    Not music, but I was really chuffed yesterday to pick up a PC compilation DVD from Game. Broken Sword 1 and 2 on one DVD for ?1.98. So chuffed, and it finally works on XP without me having to screw around with ScummVM!

I've never played them (not really my type of game), but a mate of mine loves them. He says that the third one (I think, it's the one on the XBox) is not nearly as good though.

You've probably (almost certainly, really) played these, but I did like Simon the Sorcerer and Day of the Tentacle, the only two PC adventures I ever bought. They were so funny that I overcame my mild dislike of these style of games.

Come to think of it, I bought Starship Titanic too, but never bothered with it much, I'll have to dig it out (I can't remember enough to recommend it or not, I'll have to find it and give it another try).
  • edited October 2007
    ewgf wrote: »
    You've probably (almost certainly, really) played these, but I did like Simon the Sorcerer and Day of the Tentacle, the only two PC adventures I ever bought. They were so funny that I overcame my mild dislike of these style of games.

If you like DOTT you really ought to try Monkey Island 1 and 2. The later MI games were written by other people, but the first two were by the original team and extremely funny, very much like DOTT.