A bit of info from a +3 manual

edited December 2007 in Sinclair Basic
Hi eveyone
I wonder if someone can save my sanity, I am after a bit of info out of the manual, The part I am after is under sounds, There is a paragraph that says "So, to send a little tune (in four-part harmony) to a four-voice
synthesiser (after consulting your synth's handbook to find out how to
allocate MIDI channels to different voices), you would use the PLAY
command with four strings, each starting with 'Y' followed by a
number. This example program illustrates the PLAY command in some of
its full glory..."

Just afer that there is a small program that starts 10 Let
Is there any chance anyone could tell me what it says or scan it, Ive looked it up on the website and im not convinced it is right

TIA
Paul
Post edited by Avinitlarge on

Comments

• edited December 2007
    I've not checked if it's correct, but I assume you've already looked at the WOS +3 manual?
    10 LET a$="Y1T100O2(((1CCg$b))(($E$E$b$D))((FFC$E))((GGDF))))"
    20 LET b$="Y2O5N&&&&C$bfG)"
    30 LET c$="Y3O4((3C&)C&1CCDD(3$E&)$E&1$E$EEE(3F&)F&1FF$G$G(3G&)G&1GG$EC))"
    40 LET d$="Y4N9&&&&&&&&(9EGF7b5CD))"
    50 PLAY a$,b$,c$,d$

• edited December 2007
    I did look at the WOS +3 manual, I wrote is all out and it doesnt sound right, It was about 17 years since I last wrote it
  • edited December 2007
    I remember before I got a sequencer, I used to make backing tracks with my 128 toast rack hooked up to an old Yamaha PSS-480, via a RS232 Sinclair midi lead. Drums, Bass and Chords.

I'm pretty certain it could handle upto 16 note polyphony through midi. It would go out of time on each new PLAY command because of the delay, so had to be creative with stops and starts/fills etc to make it sound good.
    I've still got some of those old tracks on 4-track.
    WIP Tritone Demo
    No more html on dropbox. :(
  • edited December 2007
    icabod wrote: »
    I've not checked if it's correct, but I assume you've already looked at the WOS +3 manual?
    I've just double checked this with my +3 manual and its 100% correct.

Frank.
    WIP Tritone Demo
  • edited December 2007
    Bugger, Ive checked over and over, Ive typed it out right but it sounds wrong
  • edited December 2007
    Bugger, Ive checked over and over, Ive typed it out right but it sounds wrong

Try removing the Y1, Y2, Y3, Y4 from each line. These specify midi channel 1 to 4.

See if it sounds ok without the midi before adding back the midi channels.
    WIP Tritone Demo
  • edited December 2007
    I wonder if its the emulator I am using, It seems to be good but I dont know if its the best one to use, Its called ZX Spectrum Enulator for Windows 95 Version 1.03.97.1213 By Vaggelis Kapartzianis

Is this a good emulator or is there a better one??
  • edited December 2007
    I wonder if its the emulator I am using, It seems to be good but I dont know if its the best one to use, Its called ZX Spectrum Enulator for Windows 95 Version 1.03.97.1213 By Vaggelis Kapartzianis

Is this a good emulator or is there a better one??

I use Spin most of the time. Latest stable release is HERE.

Look for others too in the Emulators page.

I'm not sure if it supports real midi though.
    WIP Tritone Demo