Any Australians with ZX hardware, software or magazines to sell or swap?

edited March 2008 in Wanted
Darn it's so annoying looking on ebay.co.uk and seeing the thousands of ZX Spectrum related items for sale there, there's usually bugger all Sinclair stuff for sale in Oz.

I'd love a +3 but the (economy) postage rates I've been quoted from UK Ebay sellers seems ridiculous (70 pounds!? without the power supply (to save weight).. c'mon!!)
Post edited by gizmomelb on

Comments

• edited March 2008
    You missed out on ~40 issues of Crash I had to throw out due to lack of finding anyone interested last year. Mind you they would have weighed 20 kg so still would have cost a lot to get to Melbourne.

I'm in the process of getting rid of a bunch of Spectrum tapes from Sydney. PM me if you want to have a look at a list.
  • edited March 2008
    Australia had very little spectrum gear due to some nasty dick smiths computer sewing up the local market. NZ did get the speccy tho, I would head over to www.trademe.co.nz, much cheaper to get it from NZ than the UK.

Then again I bought a 128K from ebay.co.uk and swallowed the $50 postage. Have a fair bit of speccy gear in Melbourne now actually.
  • edited March 2008
    Womble wrote: »
    Have a fair bit of speccy gear in Melbourne now actually.

Would that be in your Melbourne House.

I'll get my coat.....

ps some nice speccy games in Oz Ebay
  • edited March 2008
    Hehe it would indeed be in my Melbourne House.

These spectrum auctions are actually worth looking closely at, I bought a box of software from NZ a year or two back for 41 NZ Pesos. About 11 quid, normally I wouldnt have given tuppence for a box of dusty old tapes, except in the blurry photo I was sure I saw two Interface 2 ROM games, boxed.

Imagine my joy when it arrived and lo and behold there was Jetpac and Horrace rom carts in their boxes with instructions.