I just smashed myself in the face by accident, and I am sobre.

edited April 2008 in Chit chat
I was swigging from a 2litre bottle of coke, when the phone rang, the phone is in the kitchen. I walked to the kitchen, intent on finishing the coke before I picked the phone up, and forgot about the door frame, and smashed myself in the face with the plastic bottle. Blood and coke all over the floor, cos I bit my lip hard. D'oh.

I took the phone call, I was booking a B&B in Paignton for May bank holiday, and paid by credit card, without letting on though.
Post edited by thx1138 on

Comments

• edited April 2008
    Did you write down the license plate number? You can take that info to the police and charge the bastard for hurting your face.
  • edited April 2008
    Ouch!!! I smacked my mouth off the side of a shopping trolley a few weeks ago at work, sick thing is I was bending over to put a tiny empty box on the bottom of the cart and my foot slipped on something, and crack!

Turned out it was a little round piece of foil I'd slipped on, about the size of half a milkbottle top.

Fortunately I walked away with a fat lip a(nother) chip out of one of my front teeth, and a sore ego (I only say that because although nobody saw it happen there was a camera at the end of my aisle pointed at me all night. So although nobody physically saw me at the time.....somebody saw me :D
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • edited April 2008
    "I am sobre." ?

Sure ?
  • edited April 2008
    thx1138 wrote: »
    I was swigging from a 2litre bottle of coke, when the phone rang, the phone is in the kitchen. I walked to the kitchen, intent on finishing the coke before I picked the phone up, and forgot about the door frame, and smashed myself in the face with the plastic bottle. Blood and coke all over the floor, cos I bit my lip hard. D'oh.

Sure you did.... It's okay. We understand and we're here for you.

Andrew
  • edited April 2008
    I was at the Cheese In Laws a couple of weeks ago. I went to open the back door. Undid the lock with key. Undid bolt at top. Bent over to undo bolt at bottom. As I undid the bottom bolt a gust of wind blew the door open. I got twatted on the side of the head by the door handle. It's still sore now. Mrs Cheese responded by laffing at my pain grrrrrr.
  • zx1zx1
    edited April 2008
    I cut my thumb opening a can of carrots last night. I should have used a can opener...............
    We must perform a quirkafleeg
  • edited April 2008
    ive walked into lamposts a couple of times while drinking beer while walking before.
    Professional Mel-the-Bell Simulator................"So realistic, I found myself reaching for the Kleenex King-Size!" - Richard Darling
  • edited April 2008
    ive walked into lamposts a couple of times while drinking beer while wanking before.

don't suprise me
  • edited April 2008
    Sobre Wulf?
  • edited April 2008
    thx1138 wrote: »
    Don't put a porpoise on me

Now how would he do that?
  • edited April 2008
    Daren wrote: »
    Sobre Wulf?

Ultimate "Numb the Pain".
  • edited April 2008
    I had one of the *worst* experiences of my life a couple of weeks ago when my three (nearly four) year old was playing in our back garden with her cousins (who live next door).

We left them to it as they play together very well on the slides/swings/trampoline (the eldest cousin is 9 and v. responsible) and they are usually just playing on the play-things or with a football.

The backdoor suddenly opened and my daughter is screaming, I rush outside and she has blood pooring down the side of her face. She had tripped over the ball and hit the side of her head by the temple onto the back gate hinge and cut her head open.

There's an inch long gash down the side of her face once we had cleaned it up and the bloody thing is still gushing. I put a pact on the wound and rushed her to hospital after convincing her mother that a simple plaster would not suffice (seriously, she thought it would - so naive).

The little beggar was so brave while the nurse cleaned it up and super-glued the wound back together - she stayed still and didn't cry once. They gave her a book with a bravery award in it and she is soooo proud of it that she shows to everyone.

The little blighters are amazing aren't they? I've seen lesser wounds on adults who have been convinced they're about to die from blood loss!
  • edited April 2008
    yeah, wait until they get a bit older, then they realise that they can milk it, day (s) off school, and goodies from the shop.... :)
  • edited April 2008
    10 Bensons and Smokey n' Chips, 4 pack of lager....erm, I'm not talking from personal experience....honestly :D
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • edited April 2008
    If you were in USA, then you could sue the makers of the doorframe and bottle.
  • edited April 2008
    I once shut a car door on my nose!!

Someone gave me a lift home from work, and as I got out of the car and leant back in to say thanks, I shut the car door and didn't move my head/face out of the way quick enough. It really hurt!! :lol:
  • I had a pile of plastic crates full of stuff, fall on me, left me with a lumpy leg, and squashed.
    Every time I read that the oldest person in the world has died, I have to do a quick check to see it isn't ME..........
  • And squashed what? Oo
    Professional Mel-the-Bell Simulator................"So realistic, I found myself reaching for the Kleenex King-Size!" - Richard Darling
  • edited August 2016
    I left you in suspense for dramatic effect, I squashed my,,,,,,,,,,,,,,tube of superglue with my knee, I also spilled my can of energy drink, also my ribs. Should have had a hard hat ! but the gravity on Mars is different.
    Post edited by grey key on
    Every time I read that the oldest person in the world has died, I have to do a quick check to see it isn't ME..........
  • Vampyre wrote: »
    The little blighters are amazing aren't they? I've seen lesser wounds on adults who have been convinced they're about to die from blood loss!

Just saw this (I know it's old) - had something similar(ish) happen to my lad at our old house when he was about 4.

I was upstairs and he was playing downstairs. He yelled up that he had cut himself. I went down and he had a huge gash between two of his toes that was pi$$ing blood and dripping everywhere.

He had slipped on the laminate floor in the kitchen and had managed to wedge his toes right in the corner of the kitchen cabinet.

(You couldn't have done it if you'd set out to do it on purpose!)

He didn't cry, and once I cleaned it up I saw that it was a pretty deep cut, so I cut up a facecloth, dipped it in some disinfectant and taped it in place between his toes and took him to the children's hospital.

He didn't cry at all until we got into the room with the doctor, who removed the dressing, and by that point it had stopped bleeding so you could see how deep the cut was.

When he saw it, he started bawling.

They but a couple of stitches in it and he was fine. He was showing off to his friends at pre-school about it the next day.

• I caught my willy in my zip once, the pain was unbearable.
    We must perform a quirkafleeg
  • zx1 wrote: »
    I caught my willy in my zip once, the pain was unbearable.

I've done that at least 6 times in my life, one time I'd had a really bad p*ss like one I'd been holding in for ages, so I'd pulled me skin back a bit cos' it was spraying everywhere. Not only have I caught my forza numerous times, but I've also snagged the raw helmet in my zip.

I almost actually cried then, it was diabolical!!!! :O
  • Blimey, this was eight years ago! She still has the scar by her eye, thankfully its not very noticeable, more like a big chicken pox scar.

Melyself and the kids have been doing martial arts for a couple of years now. There's a move called a rising elbow strike where the fist ends up by your temple. Everyone, and I mean everyone, punches themselves in the face at least once. I had a cracker of a shiner...
  • edited August 2016
    My lad's just turned 11 now.. I've thought about putting him in martial arts, but it's a sore point with his Mum.

She's a feminist and feels like it's encouraging settling arguments through violence rather than negotiation, which I kind-of get as I grew up in an era / attitude (in the UK) where it was a case of "don't be soft, have a fight!" Which the teachers at school obviously couldn't openly support, but if you went to them with anything, they dragged you and the other party in, asked what was going on, told you that "as far as I can see, it's six of one and half-a-dozen of the other" and told you to play nice with each other.. Which obviously didn't work. They just expected you to have a fight and that was the end of it.

It's [ostensibly] quite different now, as my old High School's mission statement is loaded down with anti-bullying sentiment. Who knows how well they stick to it..

Anyway, my lad (who's 11 now) spent the last couple of years dealing with a kid in his class who has the bully attitude and the entourage of weaker kids who crowd behind him so he doesn't beat them up, getting up in his face because he's the tallest kid in his class.

I gave him a bit of advice (which was basically fight dirty, kick him in the balls, or leg him over and stamp on his **** and his stomach and he won't come back) and he implemented that quite well, but this lad is apparently a bit of a headcase and he does nothing but start trouble, and if he starts to lose he runs to the teacher crying that he's being picked on, so my kid gets bo11ocked for picking on "poor Knobhead" and we get to hear that poor Knobhead has family troubles, etc... Well great, if he kept his stupid attitude to himself then there would be no trouble, but whatever..

(And before anyone chimes in, yes I know "Knobhead" maybe views him as a peer, and he could be looking to make a connection with him, but my son is on the borderline for autism and basically has what used to be low-level Asbergers' syndrome, so he doesn't need to take on anyone else's emotional baggage.. Plus, from what I've heard of "Knobhead", he is a bit of a control freak and sadist with his [afraid-of-him] 'mates', so he'll probably go on to some high-powered job somewhere, but I digress..)

Thankfully, my kid's teacher has noted the interaction between them (and that my kid isn't the instigator) and has requested that they be put in separate classes at the new school he's starting in September, so hopefully that's the last we'll see of "Knobhead" in general..
    Post edited by Grunaki on
  • Hey, good for him (your lad that is). Hopefully he'll get some peace.
    Its a tricky one isn't it. MY first reaction (coming from those times) is 'can't someone take that bully down an Ally and show him the errors of his ways with a few kicks?'. But how do you deal with one that then lies to the point that the school feels sorry for him. Maybe the parents need a good kicking too ;)
    Might be worth a visit to luny.co.uk.
  • ive walked into lamposts before, once while drinking a can of beer, and once came out of a nightclub **** and crossed the road straight into one LOL
  • How was the lamppost afterwards ?
  • dont know, didnt want to argue with it anymore so stumbled off
  • edited August 2016
    I fell off of one once, never again, the traffic cone was ok anyway !
    Post edited by grey key on