Site that shows screenshots of all the games in the archive...

edited September 2008 in Games
Unless I imagined it during a moment of drunken madness, there was a site or page that showed a very long list of screenshots from all the games in the archive (or at least most of them). It was a neat way of seeing if any particular random game just 'stood out'. Does anyone remember where it is? Or am I talking nonsense (yet again)?

Cheers.
Post edited by Collie on

Comments

• edited September 2008
    If I recall, it was a .pdf file. I think I have it somewhere, I'll have a rummage in my hard drive.

Edit: on the other hand you could choose 'advanced search' in infoseek, then tick the screenshots box.
  • edited September 2008
    Along those lines ... you guys remember that Excel file (I think it was an Excel thingy or maybe it was an Access one... or was it online???) where you were supposed to guess the names of screenshots (or loading screens?) from Speccy games ... what happened to that, where is it located? That was a fun doohickie :-)
  • edited September 2008
    A pdf file? Argh I hate that Adobe reader. No matter how many times you allow it to update, there's another 'upgrade' to download....

I'm sure it was a simple page that downloaded, maybe not.... still it would take a while to fully download I'm sure.

Cheers.
  • edited September 2008
    Collie wrote: »
    A pdf file? Argh I hate that Adobe reader. No matter how many times you allow it to update, there's another 'upgrade' to download....

Yeah, it really is annoying. The updates are bad enough, but at work I'm having problems often with that damn downloadmanager that it's installed through.

So I'm usually just installing the Foxit PDF Reader to begin with.

It free, it's A LOT faster than adobes reader and it doesn't ask to be updated all the time. Try it.
    Website: Tardis Remakes / Mostly remakes of Arcade and ZX Spectrum games.
    My games for the Spectrum: Dingo, The Speccies, The Speccies 2, Vallation, SQIJ.
    Twitter: Sokurah
  • edited September 2008
    Collie wrote: »
    There was a site or page that showed a very long list of screenshots from all the games in the archive.
    Try this, eventually refining the query as you need.

Patrik
  • edited September 2008
    Dunny wrote: »

Pretty cool that. Would love that book without the missing screenshots, would love to print the PDF out at lulu.com as a 'reference book' with all the screenshots etc.
  • edited September 2008
    Yes, would be nice to have a book with all those screens! But I would prefer it strongly in full colour, and I fear that the price could be more than 100 Euros!!!
  • edited September 2008
    aowen wrote: »
    Tried MacOS X? PDF is a native format - no reader required.

Just your soul.