Is anyone wiling to help an islander decide where to by???

edited February 2009 in Wanted
I?m trying to decide where to by a 48k and a 48k+ as complete as they can be.

Although I have an ebay account I?m yet reluctant to by there and I?m inclined to by from sintech-shop but I think they?re a bit expensive. So, does anyone have an opinion about this?

Notice I live on a Portuguese island so I can?t just drive somewhere to get one.

To my Portuguese compatriots: can I get a spectrum in any Portuguese shop?

Any opinion is appreciated (well, not any opinion, but?)

Virgilio
Post edited by virgilio on

Comments

• edited January 2009
    Hi Virgilio,
    I've generally had a good experience with buying Spectrum stuff from ebay. Just check the description carefully and ensure that it has been tested including:

1) Computer shows the (C) 1982 message on switch on
    2) All the keys on the keyboard work
    3) The computer can load and run a 48K computer game.

You can ask the seller for the above and if they cannot confirm then assume you are bidding for a potentially faulty machine.

You do have a disadvantage living where you do. You will need to see if you can fine a system for sale local to you or if you know anyone in the UK that you can forward the package to and then arrange pick up at a later date.

In the meanwhile, the emulators and games archive are there to get a bit of nostagia but they never beat the real thing!

Good Luck.
  • edited January 2009
    Hello Virigilio, here is the link of a spanish shop in ebay, the guy has a lot of reputation, and everybody who buys here has very good results, you can ask him whatever you want also.

http://stores.ebay.es/InformAntica-StalVs_Ordenadores_SINCLAIR_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZ12QQftidZ2QQtZkm
  • edited January 2009
    Thanks guys, I guess I might as well try “ebaying” some day, after all, that’s why I have an account…
  • edited January 2009
    aowen wrote: »
    You can get a Timex Computer TC2048 which is 99% compatible, better build quality, built in Kempston joystick interface and composite video out. It even has a power switch, and of course it has the right kind of plug.

Yes, but I miss the rubber of a 48k beneath my fingers.:lol:

You know I never thought of the Timex TC2048 until you mentioned it (a friend of mine had one back in the days) but an internet search showed me that it would be even more difficult to get one. It would be a great by though and I?ll keep an eye for one?

Thank you for the reminder

Virgilio
  • edited February 2009
    I'm Portuguese Virgilio, and I only buy from Ebay, you can also check the portuguese site Miau, but it's hard to find anything in good condition there.
  • edited February 2009
    I'm Portuguese Virgilio, and I only buy from Ebay, you can also check the portuguese site Miau, but it's hard to find anything in good condition there.

Yes, I decided to try eBay. I?m bidding on some items. Let?s hope for the best?

Thanks,

Virgilio