Is there any way to connect a zx spectrum to a modern PC ?

edited January 2009 in Sinclair Miscellaneous
Hello

Is there any easy( I don?tknow anything about computing)way to connect a Spectrum to a modern PC?

The same question now but regarding connecting it to a TFT moitor?

Thanks
Post edited by unixxx on

Comments

• edited January 2009
    You want to use the PCs keyboard? The monitor? Use it like a tape recorder to load and save games? Or do you just want to connect the Speccy to the PC with sticky tape?

You will get a better answer if you tell us what you mean by "connect" ;)
  • edited January 2009
    Hello friend.

I meant mainly, to use the monitor.But I also would like to know if there is any other way both devices do interact.

Thanks
  • edited January 2009
    I am using internal ZX 128k's RS232 to send and get files ZX <> PC (and Psion). There are some programs dealing with send and receive files. Look at SpecOS for example, there was a thread about it.

Some years ago I also used paralel port (I have MB02 disk drive with 3x8 bit IO).
  • edited January 2009
    Winston is building an ethernet card for the spectrum. To use a PC monitor you world need a capture card or a CGA to VGA adaptor.
  • edited January 2009
    For using the montior via the PC you could install a TV capture card and plug the speccy into it.
  • edited January 2009
    MrCheese wrote: »
    Winston is building an ethernet card for the spectrum.

...and the network filesystem is the bit I'm working on at the moment. Other useful utilities may be to bitwise copy to and from +3 discs (so save an image on a PC from a +3, or copy an image from a PC to a +3 floppy)
  • edited January 2009
    unixxx wrote: »

The same question now but regarding connecting it to a TFT moitor?

Thanks

You need an upscan converter for this. To conver your pal composite output (48K, 16K) to VGA or better still the RGB output of a 128K+ +2 to VGA.

These can be got from Maplins I think. Also try eBay.
    Calling all ASCII Art Architects Visit the WOS Wall of Text and contribute: https://www.yourworldoftext.com/wos
  • Connect the PC to the speccy ? Well, using RS232 serial connection would "connect" the two. Not sure what youd use it for though ;)