Bub and Bob... and Bab and Bib?

edited February 2009 in Games
This has been floating around the news sites for a while, but it looks very much like an updated version of Bubble Bobble will be available via WiiWare sometime soon (very soon if you're in Japan).

Now, how does that theme tune go again?
Post edited by Philip Kendall on

Comments

• edited February 2009
    This has been floating around the news sites for a while, but it looks very much like an updated version of Bubble Bobble will be available via WiiWare sometime soon (very soon if you're in Japan).

As long as they don't put stupid intrusive background in like they did with Bubble Symphony; it completely ruined it.

Parasol Stars showed how to do it - if you're going to have backgrounds, keep them unobtrusive (you hear me, Jester remake of Manic Miner?)

EDIT: Having actually clicked the link before opening my big mouth this time, I can see that the backgrounds look fine. Yay!
  • edited February 2009

AAAAARGH

Thank you oh so very much, Mr Kendall. That will be singing in my hindbrain for a week or so now :)
  • edited February 2009
    You're welcome. That was the plan after all ;-)
  • edited February 2009
    You're welcome. That was the plan after all ;-)

Careful Philip Kendall, your teasing-streak is showing!
  • edited February 2009

Here's that theme tune, on the Speccy too, it was a fluke I found it I wasn't even looking for the SPeccy version, but on my travels I heard both Commode versions 64 and Amiga, sounds like some ego tripping going on there.

Not even remeotely the original theme, but full of complex wibbling and musical over indulgence, fucking arseholes why ruin a good thing and replace it with pretencious shit :lol:
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • edited February 2009
    <delurk>

Actually they all have the same tune...

Arcade:

C64:

Amiga:

and speccy you already posted (it lacks the intro, but I'm too lazy atm to check if its there in the actual game). Arguably the Amiga one sounds closest to the original (although its all using synthetic sounds so it doesn't replicate the rubbish 80s FM bassline from the original ;)

but... this is probably the most annoying video game tune of all time (although definately iconic). Even back in the day it set my teeth on edge immediately and I had to turn the sound off ;)
  • edited February 2009
    Couldn't resist a quick blast on the Spectrum version after reading this thread. I just remembered the annoyance at not being able to increase your score at the end of a level by making bubbles directly against a wall, as per the arcade original.

Sad to see comments like this beneath the Spectrum video in Youtube:

loserjustin101 (1 year ago)
    is it modded or some thing its horrible

And don't even get me started on the bad English and lack of punctuation!
  • edited February 2009
    Danforth wrote: »

AAAAARGH

Thank you oh so very much, Mr Kendall. That will be singing in my hindbrain for a week or so now :)

Hindbrain? I thought only large dinosaurs had two brains (aparently as the creatures were so large that having two (not at all powerful) brains was the only way they could quickly control their own body.

If you are Tyranusaurus Rex then I'll have to remember never to annoy you. Sir.

:-)
  • edited February 2009
    MattLamb wrote: »
    I just remembered the annoyance at not being able to increase your score at the end of a level by making bubbles directly against a wall, as per the arcade original.

not sure if you know this but if you stand 1 square away from the wall and do it your score does go up
  • edited February 2009
    not sure if you know this but if you stand 1 square away from the wall and do it your score does go up

I bloody well didn't! I must have been standing too close. Thanks for the news!