I am currently playing......

edited March 2015 in Chit chat
Don't know if there's been a thread like this, but I can't find one....

Having seen all the different threads asking people if they've played such and such, or asking for recommendations for games on certain consoles, I though I'd start a thread similar to the "currently listening too", etc. threads...

Just post what you're playing, on what platform and, if you like, what you make of it so far...

Right, here's mine to start....

Street Fighter 4 - X360 = Pretty damn funky, and works surprisingly well with the pad...

Left4Dead - X360 = Brilliant fun if you can get decent folks to play with, but quite annoying if you get 5 year old Americans who just sit in the safe room..

God Of War 2 - PS2 = Brilliant game, although bits of it can get annoying and repetitive, but it's worth sticking with it for the cutscenes/story....

Onimusha 3 - PS2 = Just started it, but it seems pretty cool

Brave - PS2 = A little game I picked up along with Onimusha. It seems to be a typical PS2 platform/arcade action thing, but with an American Indian theme and a few interesting ideas......

Now lets hear yours, please!!
Post edited by deadpan666 on

Comments

• edited March 2009
    i wont include recently completed games as that would be too much. Also i wont mention games that i have already completed and am playing again, as that could be pretty much all of them.

I have been a bit of a captain spend a lot recently, i found i could buy some right decent games for about a tenner. good times.

DS -

My monkey family - i have a monkey who i take to the park etc. its an on going game rather than a set goal one.

Speccy -

myth - finally getting round to playing this since i was a kid, took a good afternoon to realise why the controls weren't working properly.

Xbox 360 -

GTA4 - got stuck on a stupid speedboat mission, i loathe to go back to it.

Oblivion - stuck as a vampire, i need a good day to myself to play this to get the cure.

fable 2 - finished the main quest, just bits and bobs to collect

Bioshock - got a bit bored with this, will go back when i dont have owt new

orange box - done portal, part way through half life two, no idea whats going on in the story line. some great ideas, but looks too dated.

assasins creed - got pretty bored of this very quickly, need to have nothing else to play to try and get into it again.

bully - ok sort of game, very annoying though with the story.

resident evil 5 - this is the main one i am playing, very short game, i'll be done soon, shame really.
  • edited March 2009
    Metroid Prime Pinball (DS)
    Gitaroo Man (PS2)
    Shredz64 (C64 - Guitar Hero, played with the PS2 guitar)
  • GPGP
    edited March 2009
    Halo 3 is omnipresent on my box.

Apart from that, Oblivion.

And Geometry Wars 2 - apart from being a great modern shootem in it's own right, the wireframe gfxs ought to make any retro enthusiasts heart warm, if you haven't already, try it.
  • edited March 2009
    ZX Spectrum (emulated):

Phantomas Tales #1: Marsport - because I'm reviewing it for an online retrogaming fanzine.

XBox:

Namco 50th Anniversary - I played Sky Kid at Byte-Back and it made me hungry for more! And I like the Pacman games.

DS:

Bangai-O Spirits
    - Bangai-O Go! I'm also trying to design some levels at the moment but I'm not really happy with any of them except for one called "Just not cricket" which I might turn into a sound file so you can all play it.
  • edited March 2009
    mile wrote: »
    assasins creed - got pretty bored of this very quickly, need to have nothing else to play to try and get into it again.

I too found it boring very quickly, so repetitive.

I'm currently playing:

The Warriors (PS2) - still my fave movie tie-in off all time.
    GTA: San Andreas (PS2) - finished GTAIV again recently, so I've gone back to this to get my GTA fix!!
    Madden '07 (XBox) - keep coming back to this every now and then.
    Project: Snowblind (XBox) - never got round to finishing this game, and so started it again the other night.
    World Championship Boxing Manager (Speccy, via emulation) - used to play this loads, just recently got back into it again.
  • edited March 2009
    Fallout 3 - PS3
    PES 2009 - PS3
    Dead Space - PS3
    Little Big Planet - PS3
    Oblivion - PS3

Left 4 Dead - PC
    Deus Ex - PC
    Deus Ex IW - PC

Resi 4 - Wii

Project Gotham Racing 2 - Xbox 1
    Halo - Xbox 1
  • edited March 2009
    GTA: San Andreas.

I've made a lot more progress this time around and haven't lost interest yet, so I think it maybe proves I needed a break from this type of game as I played Bully, Gta:III, and Vice City, before I started this last time and got bored less than halfway through (I may have been more interested but I'd already played GTA3 to death, and finished Vice city more than once as well). Still haven't finished this, and maybe won't for a while yet.

The Heist.

A nifty little flash game I found yesterday, finished it pretty quickly, but it's like GTA1 crossed with Spy Hunter, quite fun, but pretty easy.

Resident Evil: Code Veronica X.

I still have my second playthrough about halfway through, kinda lost interest having played through this on the DC about 10 years ago on numerous occasions. But I will probably finish this before I start anything else.

I still have my second playthorugh of Onimusha to finish off as well, but that's looking less and less likely as time goes on.
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • edited March 2009
    Donkey Kong Country 2 - SNES
    Retro Game Challenge 2 (Arino No Chousenjou 2) - NDS
    Mario Kart DS - NDS
    Dead Space - X360
  • edited March 2009
    My playtime is currently

iMob : iPod
    iTunes : Scripting
    Dissassembler : C64 tape loaders

Sadly not much in the way of conventional games (I wish I could find something that held my attention the way Total Anihilation, Red Alert 2 and HL2 did)

I put in about 30 hours on iMob on my iPod touch (until something went wrong and I lost all my data) adn I'm to annoyed to even contact them

iTunes : Learning JScript to try and fix some of the missing parts of iTunes (which is a real POS)

Dissassembler : Currently playing with C64 tape loaders, all I can say is the CIA timers makes life so much easier than the timing loops on the speccy.

Christ I'm a sad bastard
  • edited March 2009
    My drums :razz:

Game wise:

Resident Evil 5
    Warioland, The Shake Dimension (Wii)
    Left 4 Dead
    Unreal Tournement 3 (pc)
    Street Fighter 4
    PubPack (mobile phone) It's a 3 game thingy. It's crap (the snooker games gives you lives and the CPU never misses at darts), but it kills a lunch break :)
  • edited March 2009
    Still playing GTA: San Andreas.

....But I found this really dark flash game that I can't stop playing, I'm not even a fan of flash games infact I actually really dslike them.

But this one is so horrible it's worth playing, it's called Pandemic II, and you play as a disease, and your goal is basically to infect and wipe out the human race. I actually managed to rank a highscore today, my disease is called Scoutmasters Bum :lol:

I've worked out that to spread it far you have to make it non-lethal, and almost undetectible but quite infectious to start. Then once you have a grip on your first region drop all your symptoms. to make it totally undetectable, non-lethal, and even not that infectious.

Once countries start closing their borders, then you know it's spreading, and hopefully it'll be too late.

Basically it's pretty good, and it's a strategy game and obviously it's catchy as very few strategy games have ever really held my attention for long. The music is really dark as well even though it's a 15 second loop and starts to drive you mad after an about an hour.

I've gone on about this game too long, it's not really that good.

I can't infect Madagascar unless I end up starting there, no matter how hard I try.
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • edited March 2009
    KILLZONE (ps2)

mostly 60 minute assault matches on beachhead

just scored a 118 score on it too!!!! (defending the base, using the minigun/RPG combo-rocket launcher-niper rifle combo

LINKS 2004 (xbox)
  • edited March 2009
    ....But I found this really dark flash game that I can't stop playing, I'm not even a fan of flash games infact I actually really dslike them....

It does sound quite good really... where can I find it? Erm, and what's it called?
  • edited March 2009
    GreenCard wrote: »
    It does sound quite good really... where can I find it? Erm, and what's it called?

http://jayisgames.com/archives/2008/07/pandemic_2.php
  • edited March 2009
    Oblivion - Xbox360
    The Sentinel/F18 interceptor/F117a stealth fighter/R-Type - Amiga
    Solo Flight 2nd Edition - C64

Those are the ones I played this week
  • edited March 2009
    Wii
    House of the Dead: Overkill

iPhone
    Vector Tanks
  • edited March 2009
    Only playing Speccy games atm

Albatrossity (On Gp2x)
    Savage (Real Speccy)
    Ruby Runabout (Real Speccy)
    Sword and Shield (Emulated on laptop to speed up movements)
  • edited March 2009
    all on the 360

Lost Oddyssey, one of the achievements for sitting throuh over 20 hours of non skippable text, is that a man flies over from Japan and personally hands you a twenty pound note gets on his knees and apologises for being so bloody arrogant

Lego Indiana Jones, It's fun and silly with amusing cut scenes

Kung Fu Panda, It's fun and silly with equally funny cut scenes
  • edited March 2009
    thx1138 wrote: »
    Lego Indiana Jones, It's fun and silly with amusing cut scenes
    yeah i quite like that on the ds....didnt get into the star wars one but that ones ok

me playing?
    nowt really

i keep having a little go on a fishing game on the ps2 lol
    Professional Mel-the-Bell Simulator................"So realistic, I found myself reaching for the Kleenex King-Size!" - Richard Darling
  • edited March 2009
    The girlfriends away till late on Sunday so I've got no competition for the TV!

Spectrum:

Splattr (Finally got the spectrum out this weekend to have a go at it - It's great!)

PS2:

Shadow of the Colossus - I'm going to defeat that final colossus today (even if I eventually resort to a walk-through to figure out how)

Xbox360:

Virtua Tennis 3
    Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2 (An original xbox game I've still not finished)
    Oblivion - still just getting into it.
    I suppose I should have another go at the Orange box but I've already got a full weekend planned with all the other games that need playing.

When she gets back on Sunday I'll probably go back to my other games - my main project is playing Neverwinter Nights on my netbook. It has a linux client that runs just about okay on my acer aspire one.
  • edited March 2009
    GreenCard wrote: »
    Cool... many thanks!! :smile:

You can also get it from crazy monkeys own site (but their site seems a little unsecured and it takes ages to load anything), although I found it on page 2 of Funnygames.coms fighting games section (dunno what the deal is there)?

Have you played it yet? I bet you hate it and think I'm an idiot now :lol:
  • edited March 2009
    Have you played it yet? I bet you hate it and think I'm an idiot now :lol:

I've literally just this minute loaded it up, watched the tutorial (looks like a really fun game actually), fired the game up, but it freezes up and won't let me in (gets to the "you should watch the tutorial" bit and stops). I don't think it's a problem with the site, it's just my unbelieveably slow s****y PC methinks... :-(
  • edited March 2009
    thingley wrote: »
    Shadow of the Colossus - I'm going to defeat that final colossus today (even if I eventually resort to a walk-through to figure out how)

I was lead to believe that all the colossus fights were a just series of QTE style button mash sequences? Either way though, I'm keeping my eye out for this game cos' it sounds obscure enough for my tastes, and everyone seems to love it.

I've only read a couple of reviews that ripped it apart and the people who wrote those reviews seemed to be ripping into it for all the reasons that everyone else loved it. Probably beat em' up or FPS fanboys.

The idea of wandering around a totally huge detailed world with nothing bothering you at all, just looking for 6 giant monsters sounds like a crap idea at first, but it's games like this that really appeal to me. I don't like the typical game so much I mean things like GTA, and such I do like as they're prtetty much a winning formula with something for everyone, but I've never really been a popular gamer, if that makes sense?

I'll be honest though I didn't really like Ico that much, but I still want it as it's getting hard to get hold of now, and I really want to give it a second chance as I never really played it properly, which I think is the reason for my slightly jaded opinion of it.
  • edited March 2009
    I was lead to believe that all the colossus fights were a just series of QTE style button mash sequences? Either way though, I'm keeping my eye out for this game cos' it sounds obscure enough for my tastes, and everyone seems to love it.

To be honest - there is almost no button mashing to this game! (I thought it would be like that too before I bought it)

Each colossus is like a giant 3D puzzle. There is an action element of you moving around on the colossus and not falling off - but the main part of the game is the strategy of how you defeat the things.

I have to say that a few of these have had me beaten - and I had to look up how to defeat them on the web. Usually that's a bad sign for me on a game but this one is fabulous.

I'm not sure it's for everyone - but it's a great game for me.
  • edited March 2009

You really should get this game....Working out how to defeat each boss is brilliant and the travelling between bosses, although too long for your average action-freak, gives the perfect chill-out, relaxation break after a 5-hour Halo 3 / GOW2 session....

Finding all the little hidden extra items after re-fighting collosi in the time attack mode is great too, and adds a surprising bit of replay value to a game that can get a bit repetitive after a while....
  • edited March 2009
    ive just been playing the first metal slug game on the metal slug anthology on the wii

god im crap

its just amazing the amount of explosions and destruction in those games lol

but i used about 4 million continues to get to level 3 :(
    Professional Mel-the-Bell Simulator................"So realistic, I found myself reaching for the Kleenex King-Size!" - Richard Darling
  • edited March 2009
    I know the final mission on the GTA games is supposed to be hard but the one in GTA: San Andreas is a bit of a pisstake. It seems to take all of the most annoying things of all the GTA games and squash them into one awful last mission, that lasts for ages and one mistake and you lose. I know the last missions on GTA 1, GTA: London, Never played 2, and GTA:3 were tough, but they were fun, and had a challenge that was fair. GTA: Vice City's last mission was piss easy, and I haven't played Liberty or Vice City stories yet. I'll probably never play GTA:4 the way things are going either.

Lets just say for those who know what I'm on about, "HE LANDED ON MY FUCKING CAR BUT DIED ANYWAY!".

That won't give away anything to anybody who doesn't know what I mean, but seriously if this is how the last mission of this game plays out this might end up being one of the few great unfinished games I've played (I rarely let a game beat me, but when it's not fun and it becomes annoying then you have to ask yourself, "Is it really a good game?").
  • edited March 2009
    MadWorld - Wii

This game is totally nuts and makes Manhunt look like Playschool. The only reason that I can think that it's managed to get past the BBFC (unlike Manhunt 2 originally) is due to it's blackand white graphics. If this game was in full colour then there is now way that it would have been passed 18 or otherwise.

It's also great fun, but does get a little bit "samey". The "Road Rahs" section was quite welcome though. I've just got to the Chin Town levels and am starting to find things a little tough going as well, especially with the boss fights.