I am currently playing......

Comments

• edited March 2009
    I've seen bits and pieces of that Madworld, looks good, and I haven't seen a game in it's style since ZPC.

Lets hope I actually still get that Wii sometime soon then I may actually find out what it's like :D
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • edited March 2009
    taito legends 2 on the ps2

i like the mame stylee favourites menu

currently in my faves ive got
    lunar rescue
    space invaders dx
    qix
    puzzle bobble 2
    darius gaiden
    g darius
    fairyland story
    Professional Mel-the-Bell Simulator................"So realistic, I found myself reaching for the Kleenex King-Size!" - Richard Darling
  • edited March 2009
    taito legends 2 on the ps2

i like the mame stylee favourites menu

currently in my faves ive got
    lunar rescue
    space invaders dx
    qix
    puzzle bobble 2
    darius gaiden
    g darius
    fairyland story

Funnily enough, I was playing that very compilation today on my XBox. I have a soft spot for Super Space Invaders and Grid Seeker.

Also, isn't Growl one of the most violent games ever?
  • edited March 2009
    Zagreb wrote: »
    Funnily enough, I was playing that very compilation today on my XBox. I have a soft spot for Super Space Invaders and Grid Seeker.

Also, isn't Growl one of the most violent games ever?
    i only bought it a couple of days ago so not tried all the games yet...keep playing my faves lol
    Professional Mel-the-Bell Simulator................"So realistic, I found myself reaching for the Kleenex King-Size!" - Richard Darling
  • edited March 2009
    The Taito Legend compilations are the best compilation packs I've played so far....

That new Megadrive one on the 360 looks interesting though!
  • edited March 2009
    The only games I've played in the last few months have been "Portal" and "Super Smash Brothers Brawl". And possibly "Sim City 2000".
  • edited March 2009
    deadpan666 wrote: »
    The Taito Legend compilations are the best compilation packs I've played so far....

That new Megadrive one on the 360 looks interesting though!

ill have to get taito legends 1 obviously
    and i fancy that atari 1 with about 30 million atari vcs games on lol
  • edited March 2009
    Well whoop dee doo! I finally did that bastard of a last mission on San Andreas this morning.

Switched it off and will probably never play it again, I've only got about 70% completion, and the other 30% or so if trucking, Racing, Quarry, Girlfriends, Oysters, Horseshoes, Vigilante, Firetruck, Paramedic, Pimping, Courier, and a couple of the tags as well.

Can I be bothered to get the 100%, the short answer is "NO"!

Feel like playing through Bully again though, went through it too quickly last time, only took me 6 days or so and I got quite far on the percentage too. But it is easier than the GTA games.

I guess since I don't have a SeXBOX 360, or PisS3, I'll have to go and buy GTA: Vice or Liberty city Stories, or The Warriors for my Rockstar/GTA type games fix. Can do it on the weekend since I have Friday and Saturday off. I'd be pissed off with having 3 days off this week but for the fact 2 of them are those 2 days it gives me a chance to actually do something with my free time, instead of pissing around on the internet all day or playing video games.
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • edited March 2009
    bought a Wii at the weekend. got it from ASDA for 177 quid, with an extra controller and a copy of 'carnical games' thrown in. went and bought mario kart too, so got 'sports' 'wii play' 'carnival games' and 'mario kart' to play, unfortunatly one of the wands developed a problem so have to take that back tonight.

will be bringing my usb wifi connector over to the house so i can l00k to download some old skool classic retro games to play.

prolly gonna bring some gamecube games to play too.
  • edited March 2009
    Snappy twat! I've still gotta wait til' my missus has fully recovered from her surgery before I can get my Wii, which I got all excited about and even started a thread about it :rolleyes:

Way things are going may not happen at all, but if I do get a nex'Gen' it'll be a Wii. It's not that often Nintendo become the underdog, and I tend to favour the underdog, as there seems to have been a real effort made to get the most out of the machine. Although most of Nintendos offerings that were good made the most of the machine weither they were the underdog or not.

So Wii for me if it ever happens.

If so I'll get online and kick all your asses at everything :D
  • edited March 2009
    This weekend I played.

F16 Aggressor - PC
    Zenith (The Sentinel Remake) - PC
    Trespasser - PC
  • edited March 2009
    Snappy twat! I've still gotta wait til' my missus has fully recovered from her surgery before I can get my Wii, which I got all excited about and even started a thread about it :rolleyes:

Way things are going may not happen at all, but if I do get a nex'Gen' it'll be a Wii. It's not that often Nintendo become the underdog, and I tend to favour the underdog, as there seems to have been a real effort made to get the most out of the machine. Although most of Nintendos offerings that were good made the most of the machine weither they were the underdog or not.

So Wii for me if it ever happens.

If so I'll get online and kick all your asses at everything :D

well ive got a wii, a 360 and a DS. aren't i lucky.

id say i am more into the 360 type games. (not that they are adult games, cos whether your using a controller or waving a wand around, its still all for kids.) but got the wii for the multiplayer ones. prolly get the resi games i have missed. but other than that nothing really interests me. and the 360 was cheaper. of course you get to play online for free with the wii. there is a load of shit out for either consosle. but i did notice that 'game' had far more preowned 360 game than it does for the wii which i thought was a little puzzling.

but yeah i'll get online too. i look forward to beating you into submission with my wand skills.
  • edited March 2009
    mile wrote: »
    (not that they are adult games, cos whether your using a controller or waving a wand around, its still all for kids.)

You're the last person I thought would feel they had to justify themselves like this :lol:

You know you don't mean that you big kid :p

Was the bird standing over you while you typed that :lol:
  • edited March 2009
    You're the last person I thought would feel they had to justify themselves like this :lol:

You know you don't mean that you big kid :p

Was the bird standing over you while you typed that :lol:

i dont have a problem playing kids games, i dont like the whole ninty = for kids, xbox/playstation = adults.

as its all for kids in my book. i did see some bloke on the train the other day erading the watchmen comic, i thoguht he was a bit old for that. even if he had it when he was a nipper, i wouldn't go and buy old copies of the beano. even some of my mates collect star wars dolls and toys.

i think some of the more 'adult games; are on the DS, like scrabble and chess and cross words. not sure shooting someone in the face with a rocket launcher is the dream of all adults. a suduko usually does the trick to pass the time. i dont really like donig anything on the train much though, i like to watch stuff from the window, if i dont get a window seat, i like to think about people on the train and invent names for them and a exciting life story, or i'll read the freepaper.

sometimes people at work will ask me if i like computer games, i usually lie and say no, maybe i'm a liar, but i think most people aren't aware of the social side of them and think you sit in a dark room playing video games all day.
  • edited March 2009
    mile wrote: »
    i dont have a problem playing kids games, i dont like the whole ninty = for kids, xbox/playstation = adults.

as its all for kids in my book. i did see some bloke on the train the other day erading the watchmen comic, i thoguht he was a bit old for that. even if he had it when he was a nipper, i wouldn't go and buy old copies of the beano. even some of my mates collect star wars dolls and toys.

i think some of the more 'adult games; are on the DS, like scrabble and chess and cross words. not sure shooting someone in the face with a rocket launcher is the dream of all adults. a suduko usually does the trick to pass the time. i dont really like donig anything on the train much though, i like to watch stuff from the window, if i dont get a window seat, i like to think about people on the train and invent names for them and a exciting life story, or i'll read the freepaper.

sometimes people at work will ask me if i like computer games, i usually lie and say no, maybe i'm a liar, but i think most people aren't aware of the social side of them and think you sit in a dark room playing video games all day.

Hehe....I'm totally at peace with my inner child! I visited liverpool with my mother last year and discovered an old antique shop that was selling old issues of Buster and Whizzer & Chips at 20p each.....so I ended up buying loads, and walking back to the hotel with a big bag filled with the comics, Monster Munch and Blackjack bars and spent the rest of the night reading them and watching cartoons on Fox Kids whilst munching on junk food! :lol:

But anyhoo, this week I have been mostly playing....

• edited March 2009
    I see DokiDoki in the title, and I look at the style of game and wonder if this is a sequel to the game that became Super Mario Bros 2/USA?

DokiDoki Panic looks and plays very similar, in an older type style of course
  • edited March 2009
    I see DokiDoki in the title, and I look at the style of game and wonder if this is a sequel to the game that became Super Mario Bros 2/USA?

DokiDoki Panic looks and plays very similar, in an older type style of course

I think this is actually the sequel to Milon's Secret Castle, another old NES game from Hudson...

• edited March 2009
    Oh god no! Not Milons secret castle, that game was ridiculous :lol:
  • edited March 2009
    I've got a Wii - warning - don't buy Call of duty 4. It's not a bad game, but it constantly hammers the drive. All the time you're playing, you can hear the heads jumping around inside. The drives might be capable of this, but they're not designed to be used for constant seeking operations like this.

I like the Wii stuff - I got tired of the endless re-hashes of the same FPS, military squad and street racing games on the XBox, and I didn't fancy more of the same on the next round of consoles. There were a few choice games on the PS2 (Res, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus), but I don't think they come thick and fast enough on the PS3 to make it worth the money. Although having said that, the Wii has the worst rate of shovelware going.

But why are SEGA so out to ruin everything they turn their hand to? Unskippable pop-ups with obvious hints that then miss out other critical information. Completely overblown celebratory screens for trivial achievements. Awful, unchangeable control layouts. I can't find the option anywhere that says "Hyper-active text-addicted 3-year-old mode ON/OFF".
    Joefish
    - IONIAN-GAMES.com -
  • edited March 2009
    Miles Mad Mission ;)

Just playtesting a room :lol:

But since I'm free of the time burgling shackles of GTA: San Andreas I'm going to play some oldies, I think Demons Crest on the SNES as I don't think I've ever played all the way through to the end before? I really can't remember?

I also think right now I'm gonna have a blast of the arcade versions of Fantasy Zone, Shinobi and Shadow Dancer, and before I go to bed maybe a blast of Double Dragon in some form, I haven't decided the format probably Arcade or GBA though, and definitely not the Speccy version :D
  • edited April 2009
    I also think right now I'm gonna have a blast of the arcade versions of Fantasy Zone, Shinobi and Shadow Dancer.............

Now there's a great idea........I think I'll join you on that one.
    Fantasy Zone or Shinobi First??? It's a hard choice............I'm swinging towards Fantasy Zone though..... :bigwings: :widebeam: :Heavy Bomb:
    "I should use simulator loosely 'cos I don't think it's quite like this on the beach with helicopters and fires and the jumping beach buggy" - paulisthebest3uk 2020.
  • edited April 2009
    alanspec wrote: »
    :bigwings: :widebeam: :Heavy Bomb:

Must be the universal setup or something :D
  • edited April 2009
    This is what I've been playing on MAME for the last hour...

• edited April 2009
    The Shining, the computer game from 1982.

• edited April 2009
    Currently playing far too much GTA: Chinatown Wars. I really ought to be playing the speccy versions of Frogger and Supaplex, as well as Phantomas Tales 1; I'm supposed to write reviews of them for a fanzine for the end of this month!
  • edited April 2009
    frobush wrote: »
    The Shining, the computer game from 1982.

Hehe... :lol: ....I really want to play that now!
  • edited April 2009

Oh God! Not Captain Tomaday!

It's a good game, but after about 5 mins my eyes start to cross and I start getting numb feelings in the right side of my face :lol:
  • edited April 2009
    I started replaying Bully, it was the first game I played on my own PS2, and it's been about a year and a half since I played it, I'm just taking my time with it enjoying it slowly.

It's the first Rockstar game I've decided I'm gonna try and get the 100% on.

But that aside I have a question and I know it's a longshot, but the first time I played through it I noticed this as well (but obviously forgot about it). The Nerd side-mission "Player sheets" the music on it? Has anybody else noticed that it sounds very familiar? I'm sure it's a slightly modernised version of the music from either one of the levels from 720' or Skate or Die?

Not sure which but I'm sure it's one of those 2 games, it's like an 80's skateboarder anthem I'm sure?
  • edited April 2009

I was just about to say that I've been playing alot of MAME over the last couple of days. Hers what I've been playing...

WWF Wrestlefest
    WWF Superstars
    Final fight
    Breakers
    Toki
    Dark Edge (This needs to be checked out...it's great!)
    Dragon Gun
    Street Fighter Alpha 2
    Domino
    Bubble Bobble
    Bubble Bobble 2
    Splatterhouse
    I-Robot

And I'm just about to play King Of The Monsters :D