I am currently playing......

Comments

• edited April 2009
    I finally finished Shadow of Colossus on the PS2! What a fantastic game and a very big twist in the end. Surely, Sony is working on the sequel somewhere?

Have ordered RE 5, so looking forward for that to arrive.
  • edited April 2009
    I was just about to say that I've been playing alot of MAME over the last couple of days. Hers what I've been playing...

WWF Wrestlefest
    WWF Superstars
    Final fight
    Breakers
    Toki
    Dark Edge (This needs to be checked out...it's great!)
    Dragon Gun
    Street Fighter Alpha 2
    Domino
    Bubble Bobble
    Bubble Bobble 2
    Splatterhouse
    I-Robot

And I'm just about to play King Of The Monsters :D

Good selection :)

Although I'll admit I do not like I-Robot at all even though it was about 15 years ahead of it's time.
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • edited April 2009
    Arjun wrote: »
    I finally finished Shadow of Colossus on the PS2! What a fantastic game and a very big twist in the end. Surely, Sony is working on the sequel somewhere?

It is a great game with a dramatic ending - I finished it myself a couple of weekends ago while my girlfriend was away for a few days.

In a way I hope Sony don't produce a sequel as good as that - cos then I'll have to buy a PS3 to play just that one game.

I bought a second hand PS2 just to play SOTT and Ico. Now I've completed them I don't really know what to do with the console now to be honest. It seems daft owning a console just to play 2 games, but I wouldn't get rid of them!
  • edited April 2009
    thingley wrote: »
    It is a great game with a dramatic ending - I finished it myself a couple of weekends ago while my girlfriend was away for a few days.

In a way I hope Sony don't produce a sequel as good as that - cos then I'll have to buy a PS3 to play just that one game.

I bought a second hand PS2 just to play SOTT and Ico. Now I've completed them I don't really know what to do with the console now to be honest. It seems daft owning a console just to play 2 games, but I wouldn't get rid of them!

Have you found all the secret items by refighting all the collosi in Time Attack mode yet? That should kill some time...also, there are loads of decent PS2 games out there...Some are mentioned in this very thread, or check out boozefreak's "Just Bought a PS2" thread....

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17869
  • edited April 2009
    I was just about to say that I've been playing alot of MAME over the last couple of days. Hers what I've been playing...

WWF Wrestlefest
    WWF Superstars
    Final fight
    Breakers
    Toki
    Dark Edge (This needs to be checked out...it's great!)
    Dragon Gun
    Street Fighter Alpha 2
    Domino
    Bubble Bobble
    Bubble Bobble 2
    Splatterhouse
    I-Robot

And I'm just about to play King Of The Monsters :D

I've been playing MAME a lot the last few days as well...I've been checking out some slightly odd games on it..

Biomechanical Toy (weird platformer that feels like an Amiga game on speed)

Butasan (which is basically Psycho Pigs UXB)

Chiller (totally not the Speccy game, but a sick, twisted Lightgun shooter)

Clash Road (which reminds me of Gremlin's Tour De Force)

Domino Man (a weird little game involving...yes...dominoes)

Gonbee No I'm Sorry (crazy japanese maze-game, involving businessmen, whips, Michael Jackson & Madonna)

JJ Squawkers (a platformer with some odd enemies)

Noboranka (a vertical shooter where you climb a tree killing bugs)

Penguin Wars (which is basically Air Hockey)

and Scud Hammer (one of those test-your-strength games, but one where you play janken (rock/scissors/paper) before beating or getting beaten up by, your opponent...
  • edited April 2009
    thingley wrote: »

Try the God Of War games. you can pick them both up for less that ?20 these days and there are great! GOW3 is the only game making me think about buying a PS3 for as they are that good (even the PSP version was great, although, it's rather short as I completed it in 2 days!)

I never finished Ico as I got bored with it. I may dig it out and have another go though. A work friend also told me that it's going for silly money in E-bay so I had a look and he's right. The digipack with the cards (the one that I have) has a but it now of over ?100 (?150 in one case) Does it really sell for that much???
  • edited April 2009
    I've been playing some old DOS games recently. Currently playing Alter Ego Male... it truly is one of the most bizarre games I've ever played!!
  • edited April 2009
    Okami is another brilliant game on the PS2. Fantastic art and music to complement the gameplay.

Burnout Takedown remains one of the most fun racing games I've played.

Pro Evo 6 on the ps2 is a cracking good footie game.

Bully will remind you of Back to skool and is a pretty interesting game although I haven't played it much. I'll probably get back to it next.

Then there is Devil May Cry 3, Guitar Hero 2/3, Final Fantasy XII, Metal Gear Solid 3 (if you like the series), Silent Hill 2/3, etc.
  • edited April 2009
    Thanks for the suggestions!

I've been out today and bought God of War 2 for PS2 - I also got GTA:San Andreas, Devil May Cry 3 (special edition) and Gregory Horror Show (It looked ...different!). They were all on the 4 games for ?20 shelf.

Maybe it is just the sheer number of PS2 games available -but I have a real problem finding games I like for the PS2. I didn't really like GTA3 much when it came out on the PC but I'm trying another game in the series to see if I just dismissed it too quickly.
  • edited April 2009
    I'm still playing Bully uncovered so much more in the few days I've been playing it, than I did in my last playthrough. Out of curiosity I may load up my old save file (I'm one of those ones that finds it hard to overwrite their original save, even if they did shit), and see what percentage I had when I completed it. I've got almost 50% now and I'm only on Chapter III, but that is because I'm making a concious effort to get the 100%.

As for good PS2 games Get Bully (Canus Canem Edit in the UK, not allowed to call it Bully there cos' of the bullying I assume), always wondered about that though. It was reviewed as Bully as I remember one of those stupid shows with that Aleks fatarse what her face, or that Emily B-movie tits out, or Iain "Lanky twat" Lee on thumb jockeys or bit junkeys or bits or tits or one of those come in drunk from the pub and watch wankers acting like they know what they're on about shows.

Try and get the GTA boxset it's cheap now, and if you don't like one of them then you've at least got 2 you will :D
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • edited April 2009
    (Canus Canem Edit in the UK, not allowed to call it Bully there cos' of the bullying I assume),

They've now decided to call it Bully (I'm pretty sure the 360 version is called that anyway)... all that fuss when it first came out for nothing!!
  • edited April 2009
    In the last week I have played the following more than once:
    GTA Chinatown Wars (DS) - Great fun in a GTA1/2 style but with additions that I'm sure will make it into the 3D versions next time around.
    GTA3 (XBox) - Never played past the first set of missions with the Italians, so thought I'd give it a bash, a good laugh obviously, although aren't the cars fragile?
    Legend of Zelda: Parallel Worlds (SNES) - Full refit of Link to the Past with all-new overworld, dungeons and story. Well worth playing although the difficulty level is higher and the first section is pretty unforgiving.
    Mario Golf (N64) - Downloaded on Wii VC as I didn't want to get the N64 out of storage, my favourite of the 3D Mario Golf games.

For MAMErs I would also recommend Tinkle Pit (Yes, I know, I know) and Tumblepop.
    Also try Toy Pop, purely for the fact that while it's a fairly decent maze game, if you take 1 hit and walk downwards your bloke looks a bit like Hitler :)
    It's a T week in MAME for me, clearly.
  • edited April 2009
    ive been playing world of goo on my Wii. very good, catchy music and graphics. also F-zero x on the vitual console, still a great game, much better than the one on the gamecube.
  • edited April 2009
    Donkey Kong Country 2 - SNES
    Fun fact: The music for the lava levels is actually on the DKC1 cartridge but disabled as they probably didn't have time to implement the levels. Probably contains level data too but I haven't seen anything about it. Is one of my fave DKC series tracks along with Coral Capers and the Roller Coaster tune.
  • edited April 2009
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Legend of Zelda: Parallel Worlds (SNES) - Full refit of Link to the Past with all-new overworld, dungeons and story. Well worth playing although the difficulty level is higher and the first section is pretty unforgiving.

I remember seeing this ages ago, but I didn't bother with it because you have to add the patch to the ROM yourself, and I can't arsed to do it. I had to do that with both Kunio games, and Bahamut Lagoon, and it's bloody annoying.
  • edited April 2009
    I finally got around to giving Metroid Prime 3 on the Wii another go and I'm quite enjoying it. IAlso gave up on Metroid Prime 2 quite early on too as I found it too similar to the first one, but I may dig that out and give that another go too.

I've also just brough Bully on the Wii as reading about it on here reminded me how much fun it was, so I thought I'd give the Wii version a crack. The controlls are abit "iffy", but I imagine that I'll get used to them eventually!
  • edited April 2009
    As well as all the games mentioned in my first post, which I'm still working my way through, I picked up Galleon for the original Xbox..

It was dreamed up by the guy who invented Tomb Raider and is all about pirates and mystical what-not..It seems pretty decent, but the control system is a bit weird...you actually control the camera rather than Rhama, the main character. The puzzles and stuff are alright though, and I'm slowly learning how to use the slightly odd fighting system...

• edited April 2009
    KILLZONE (ps2)

for the last THREE WEEKS!!!!!

CONSTANTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

and only the multiplayer maps (offline), although i did a wee bit of the campaign today .....

beachhead is my fav, thought delta creek is nearly there (as i sought out some sweet sniper spots ..... and got a fullhouse of hits today *that's six kills from six bullets*)

fav weaponry i use are the grenade launcher, shadow marshall smg, chain gun, both rocket launcher and the damn king of it all (for me) the sniper rifle ..... and also the newly found squad cannon

how does sixty minute assault matches sound

i USED to play LINKS 2004 (xbox) and GTA SAN ANDREAS .....
  • edited April 2009
    Vertigo wrote: »
    GTA Chinatown Wars (DS) - Great fun in a GTA1/2 style but with additions that I'm sure will make it into the 3D versions next time around.

I've been playing that the last few days and enjoying it immensely. Thankfully they haven't gone for some sort of lazy port and have really thought about how to use the DS properly. Graphically it's fabulous too.

Also playing Professor Layton on DS - really, really enjoying it, but sadly it's a once only playthrough.
  • edited April 2009
    Guitar Hero AeroSmith for the past 2 weeks!

and what a load of fun that is! (although I belived they've "harden up" the Aerosmith songs, so they look hard to play, because the game looks much faster and harder than world tour...).

Bully was the last "adventure" game I really had fun playing, to the point that I didn't want to stop doing it... it was basically a smaller GTA, but for some reason, changing that street ultra violence for the school one, worked better for me...

have you found the Gay Nerd that you can kiss? that was a bizarre experience!
  • edited April 2009
    VanTammen wrote: »
    have you found the Gay Nerd that you can kiss? that was a bizarre experience!

It's not a nerd he's one of the bullies the one with the blonde hair, Trent he's called, and even when you get the no gifts bonus for completing all the English classes, you still have to give him flowers or chocs to kiss him.

I did it once cos' it was quite funny, but now I only kiss him if there's no girls around and I need the health bonus you get for kissing. Something about the whole situation feels weird even though it's just a game :lol:
  • edited April 2009
    It's not a nerd he's one of the bullies the one with the blonde hair, Trent he's called, and even when you get the no gifts bonus for completing all the English classes, you still have to give him flowers or chocs to kiss him.

I did it once cos' it was quite funny, but now I only kiss him if there's no girls around and I need the health bonus you get for kissing. Something about the whole situation feels weird even though it's just a game :lol:

don't kiss him at all you big puff.
  • edited April 2009
    mile wrote: »
    don't kiss him at all you big puff.

It's pretty funny though for some of the stuff he says to you, for instance sometimes he asks you "do you wanna play shirts and skins", funny but instantly took me back to the rugby or basketball games at school.

Then made me feel quite uncomfortable as you know the creepy pedo who doubled up as a gym teacher was probably getting his jollies from the whole situation of watching 15 of the 30 boys in the class down to their socks and shorts *cringe*.
  • edited April 2009

Then made me feel quite uncomfortable as you know the creepy pedo who doubled up as a gym teacher was probably getting his jollies from the whole situation of watching 15 of the 30 boys in the class down to their socks and shorts *cringe*.

we had this albino kid in our class, which was a god send when you have an easy target of a name as mine. but he refused to have a shower, so the gym teacher grabhbed hold of him, stripped him down then dragged him in the shower to give him a wash. I never saw that on grange hill.

odd thing though those classes, you get to school, have an hour of maths, then learn about some vikings, then you hanging off a climbing frame in your shorts avoiding rubber balls in a wierd cross between gladiators and lord of the flies.
  • edited April 2009
    I'm still enjoying Metroid on the Wii. Ive just made it to the sku planet and I'm having a great time flying around the level on the zip lines. I still get pissd off with the boss battles though. I only just managed to kill that big bastard in the first "seed". I only just had a small sliver of energy left when he finnally keeled over and died. I can see a few more rock solid bass battles still to come too :(

I'm also still playing Bully on the Wii too. I'm one of theose players who hates re-playing a game and I'm finding this one hard oing at the moment. Mabey it's because I invested so many hours into the PS2 version that I feel that I've seen it all already. Mabey once I've played it more and opened things up a little, then I'll remember how good the game is and really enjoy it again :)
  • edited April 2009
    I got tomorrow of for good friedegg and am planning on playing a few games of Kickoff 2 on the Amiga.
  • edited April 2009
    Chinatown Wars got me playing GTA: SA again; I've been playing that game on and off since the end of 2005! Also found myself playing Metal Slug Advance on the GBA and even Asteroids on the same console last night during the advert breaks in a film I was watching (the terrific High Plains Drifter for those who want to know)
  • edited April 2009
    I've just started playing Fallout 3... I can see it being sat in my 360 for quite some time!!
  • edited April 2009
    GreenCard wrote: »
    I've just started playing Fallout 3... I can see it being sat in my 360 for quite some time!!

Quick q:
    Is it Turn Based in way, shape or form?
  • edited April 2009
    beanz wrote: »
    I got tomorrow of for good friedegg and am planning on playing a few games of Kickoff 2 on the Amiga.

I've got my first friday off in ages, and I really want to work it! Friday night is backstock night and I've wittled mine down onto 2 perfect skids, and I don't want any of the fucking dimwits I work with destroying 3 months worth of hard graft in a matter of hours.

That aside I want to work it as well, because Saturday is my wifes fams easter do, so I can't get pished :mad:

They've given me Sunday off as usual though, which is a bit of a shame as well cos' with it being Beaster Scumday I'd get double pay if I was working it :(