I am currently playing......

Comments

• Vampyre wrote: »
    Finished Days Gone.

A far, far better game than pro reviewers ever gave it credit for.

Pro reviewers are shills anyway, and spent most of their time marking the score down, because the infected in it were all white, even though the reason for the lack of pigmentation is explained in the game, and because the protagonist is a straight white male, and a chauvinistic dude-bro. They probably also only played it for a few hours, instead of actually taking the time to give it a fair review, as by this stage they had probably already decided what they were going to write in the hate piece.....Erm I mean "review" (Which I'm sure all of the reviews include the word "problematic" at least 3 times, especially if it's Kotaku, Polygon, IGN, or Rock, Paper, Shotgun).

I'm sure their whining about a lack of inclusivity, appeased the 3 pink or blue haired SJW types who were actually genuinely offended by the game, but probably made more actual gamers buy the game because of the shite they wrote about it.
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • edited May 18
    I finally beat Sigrun on God of War, it's only taken me about 3 days to do it....Pretty much maxed everything out, so I started a New Game + just to mess around in, and play casually from now on. I liked this game that much in the end I feel like it's gonna be one I don't delete now I'm done with it. Really though starting the New Game + was a kind of mish mash of a couple of factors though. I'm curious to see how quickly I can dispatch the early enemies now, I'm also curious to see what kind of goodies you can get second time around, and also that the previous games in the series never had a true New Game + before, so I feel like I have to experience it at least once.

Not gonna be playing as much as I was, just gonna leave it on there so I can dip in from time to time.

Now I actually have no idea what I want to play?

I installed Yakuza 3 from the Yakuza Origins HD collection about a week or so ago, right after I finished Judgement, and the game does look and run a lot better here than it did on PS3 (obviously), but it's still the same goofy Y3 game from all those years ago. I'm just curious to see if since they included the cut content from the original western release if they've censored any of the more risky stuff? Like the sub-stories involving Michuru, who is a very butch man in a very tiny dress with lipstick on, and there's a whole series of sub-stories I think spanning multiple games even where "THEY" try to chase you down because "THEY" take a bit of a shine to you (I'm not even being facetious with pronouns using "THEY" like that either, well I am a little bit...…..But anybody who's played this through before, and did all the sub-stories will get what I mean). I'm curious to see if the dialogue for those sub-stories has been changed to be "Less Offensive"?...….Time will tell....

Also been playing Streets of Rage 4, and I'm still not convinced it's a better game than the fan made Streets of Rage Remake tbh...

I'd like to say it looks fantastic, and it does of course, but this weird style of 2D comic art always reminds me of early-mid Naughties flash games. The type of things you'd have found on Newgrounds in about 2009, as good as it looks I just can't get past this art style. Anyway though the game plays like SOF2, with the difficulty curve of SOR3, and maybe that's a good thing, or maybe not? I bought it at launch digitally, figured why not it was cheaper than a physical copy, and for all I prefer physical media, and I'm a huge fan of the series, not having a physical copy of this doesn't bother me that much......It kind of looks like a digi-only release sadly enough.

...and of course there's always Elder Scrolls Online, my one true sad shameful time sink. Although to be fair the new chapter Greymoor coming next month looks sh*t. Yay! Vampires in Skyrim that's never been done before....YAWN!.....Hello Dawnguard!…..Will wait until the next chapter comes out, and get this as a DLC with my ESO+ account :))
    Post edited by dm_boozefreek on
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • edited May 19
    Vampyre wrote: »
    Finished Days Gone.

A far, far better game than pro reviewers ever gave it credit for.

Pro reviewers are shills anyway, and spent most of their time marking the score down, because the infected in it were all white, even though the reason for the lack of pigmentation is explained in the game, and because the protagonist is a straight white male, and a chauvinistic dude-bro. They probably also only played it for a few hours, instead of actually taking the time to give it a fair review, as by this stage they had probably already decided what they were going to write in the hate piece.....Erm I mean "review" (Which I'm sure all of the reviews include the word "problematic" at least 3 times, especially if it's Kotaku, Polygon, IGN, or Rock, Paper, Shotgun).

I'm sure their whining about a lack of inclusivity, appeased the 3 pink or blue haired SJW types who were actually genuinely offended by the game, but probably made more actual gamers buy the game because of the shite they wrote about it.

Couldn't agree more - not that I take any notice of these reviewers anyway or even particularly read/watch their reviews. I expect it'll be on PS+ within the next 12 months and can't recommend it enough. It borrows elements from a few apocalypse games and does them all well. The story's good - it's not a TLOU beater but it's still pretty good with characters you give a crap about.
    Spoiler:

Takes a while to get used to the gameplay but when you do it's very playable. All the weapons have a great heft to them and you'll be on the hunt for that top melee weapon. Taking on a Horde is awesome, setting traps in choke-points and guiding them towards explosives (including petrol tankers). Clearing the many Nero campsites is always a thrill too, with a worthy upgrade, from a choice of three, at the end of each one.

The Survival Wheel (access weapons, craft items, etc) is well done once you're used to it, upgrades are sensible and the bike is f'ing awesome. You eventually get really attached to that machine, upgrading and tinkering with it. And the world is absolutely gorgeous.

A solid 8.5/10 for me. It takes quite a while to get into and you don't feel anything for the characters at first. That all changes by the time you find the third camp a few hours in.

Now got GoW to go through. Been watching your progress with interest so very much looking forward to it. Might finish off Yakuza 0 first though,which I'm near the end of.
    Post edited by Vampyre on
  • edited May 26
    In gaming limbo, and just chipping away at a few titles I've been wanting to try.....Erm Gal*Gun for one, it's really creepy, and really pervy, but strangely enough it's actually quite fun. Also played through the majority of Streets of Rage 2 with my nephew a few nights back, but he lost all his lives and credits, and left me solo......I got bored. Was playing that in the hope I could get my knackered Dual Shock 4 to charge in the meantime so we could actually play SOR4 together, but it didn't happen.

Almost got the PS3 out again the other night as well, feels like it's almost time to play through Asura's Wrath again :))

Oh Vampyre play God of War, I was expecting much more of the same, but got way more than I asked for...….Best game in the series without a doubt, literally can't wait for the next installment.
  • Boozey... Holy shit... God of War was just astonishing!! I didn't expect that kind of gameplay break from the traditional. Just come out of the Stranger fight near the start which was one of the best boss fights ever!

This is gonna be epic!

Also Days Gone went into an after-credits gameplay that's been enjoyable. Then I went and noticed something (lead by the nose, of course). It's getting a sequel.
  • edited May 26
    Vampyre wrote: »
    Boozey... Holy ****... God of War was just astonishing!! I didn't expect that kind of gameplay break from the traditional. Just come out of the Stranger fight near the start which was one of the best boss fights ever!

This is gonna be epic!

Also Days Gone went into an after-credits gameplay that's been enjoyable. Then I went and noticed something (lead by the nose, of course). It's getting a sequel.

I FEEL NOTHING!!!!!!!

Just wait til' you face the secret bosses ;)

A Souls/Bloodborne vet like yourself shouldn't have too much trouble...….Hmmmm Or will you? ;)

Keep at it the story is great, and with Atreus alongside Kratos, you finally see him almost being emotional at times, but you can see his past torturing him the whole time. NG+ is also awesome, and takes a lot less time to get far, and the equipment you get second time around is ridiculously OP, but getting it becomes another grind, you may have the materials, but do you have the money that is the question ;)

Also Days Gone probably going to get that sometime in the future, it was a one that caught my eye, but wasn't an immediate purchase for me, same with Death Stranding, I'll be getting that at some point as well.
  • I felt like doing something a little more casual last night, so I played about with a bunch of ROM hacks. It’s quite interesting playing Streets of Rage 2 with the characters from Final Fight, or as the Ninja Turtles...
  • I'm at the final bit of Yakuza 0. Now I've just got to find about 2 hours to complete it... It's fight after fight with no save point. Can't quite bring myself to try again yet.
  • Kiryu is a brick Shithouse, even in his younger incarnation. You’ll be fine ;)
  • I felt like doing something a little more casual last night, so I played about with a bunch of ROM hacks. It’s quite interesting playing Streets of Rage 2 with the characters from Final Fight, or as the Ninja Turtles...

I use to have those Rom hacks on my home brewed Wii. Have you played the ED-209 hack? Also did anybody complete Streets of Rage 2 in the hidden mania mode. Back in the day my Mega Drive would crash around stage 6 with too many enemies and stuff going on at one time, couldn't handle it. :))
  • I’ve got the ED-209 hack, but haven’t really played around with it much. I also feel like I did finish SOF2 on mania, back when I was a teenager, but not 100% sure now? I know I definitely did the first game on mania though.
  • Just came in for a browse and good to see there’s a lot of love for God of War. It’s an absolute masterpiece. Probably the best all round game I’ve played on PS4.

Currently playing Uncharted 4 (pretty near the end, I think) and loving it. Some great set pieces. It’s no good for my vertigo though. Some sections give me sweaty palms!
    Cheeky Funster (53)
  • Played a bit of Elder Scrolls, played a bit of God of War, but kind of quit both....

I've decided though just for laughs even though I'm not a trophy whore I'm gonna platinum God of War, why the f*ck not, I'm just round the corner from doing so....

Gonna play some games now that don't require too much effort...
  • Kiryu is a brick Shithouse, even in his younger incarnation. You’ll be fine ;)

I like your vote of confidence :-) To be fair I got about three quarters of an hour into it, it turned midnight and I was knackered so turned it off. Kiryu was beating the crap out of everyone in Beast mode and Majima in his break-dancing mode.
  • Over the last couple of months I've been playing:

Dying Light. finished it a few nights ago, really enjoyed the main game, but I found the DLC to be a bit of a slog. Good game overall though, it properly kicked my arse until I levelled my skills up a bit. Felt a bit like a Far Cry game in places (in a good way).

Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Played this when it came out but found it so difficult that I gave up on it. I've recently started it again following a couple of guides online and I'm doing much better and enjoying it a lot more this time around. It's a bit like Elder Scrolls but historically accurate and without all the magic and dragons etc.

Elder Scrolls Online. Bought this for my girlfriend as she loves Skyrim and I thought it'd be something we could play together online while we're not allowed to see each other due to this whole Coronavirus caper.

Mafia II Definitive Edition. Finished the main story and the first of the three DLC episodes. Not the best remaster I've played, but it looks nice enough on the XB1X.

The Last of Us (Remastered). Just started playing through this again, thought I'd refresh my memory of it before the sequel comes out, haven't actually played this since it came out on the PS3.
  • Played Control for a bit. I liked the mechanics and the atmosphere. Linking your abilities to defeat horde of enemies is good fun. I thought it fell short somewhat in the story telling department. It didn't hook me in the same way that Alan Wake did. Haven't finished it, because...

Re-started Witcher 3. I keep finding something new to do and places in the map to explore! How big is this game? It's bloody fantastic. The characters, story, gameplay and the quests are so engrossing, it's impossible to feel bored playing this game. The best part is that I don't feel the need to complete the game in marathon sessions. I know I can come back in a year and Witcher 3 will welcome me back with new quests, characters and items to find without any fuss. The last time I had this kind of long-term relationship with a game was Skyrim. If my xbox hadn't gone kaput I might have actually finished that game...

Star Wars: Battle front 2. This recently dropped in PS plus and I had a quick go at it. Not bad! The shooting bits are fine, but was surprised to find the Tie Fighter mission bits both fun AND annoying, if that's possible. I might actually see this one through but I've got Assassin's Creed: Odyssey and Resident Evil 2 Remake (I went a bit overboard with the State of Play sale on the PS) waiting by the sideline and I'm tempted to dive right into one of them. Must. Resist.
  • edited June 10
    GreenCard wrote: »
    Elder Scrolls Online. Bought this for my girlfriend as she loves Skyrim and I thought it'd be something we could play together online while we're not allowed to see each other due to this whole Coronavirus caper.

If you're playing the North American Megaserver instead of the European one, look out for an Argonian in full Apostle Style Heavy Armour, but wearing dyed Ruffian Balaclava. We may bump into each other, although not today apparently, as it seems to be updating, and it says it has 5 hours to go. This always happens when they add to the story, you still have to download it even if you don't want it, because it's part of the game client, so every time they add a DLC or a Story chapter you already have it, it's just hidden behind a pay wall. I understand why they do it this way, but it's still a bloody big inconvenience!

The update patch is 58GB for f*cks sake, it'd better get hidden somewhere in the 84GB this game is already taking up...

Who knows maybe I can wrecklessly run into dungeons in front of you and kill everything, it'll be just like Runescape all over again, exept instead of annoying kids in the public chat, it's full of SJW's and keyboard warriors :))
  • GreenCard wrote: »

If you're playing the North American Megaserver instead of the European one, look out for an Argonian in full Apostle Style Heavy Armour, but wearing dyed Ruffian Balaclava. We may bump into each other, although not today apparently, as it seems to be updating, and it says it has 5 hours to go. This always happens when they add to the story, you still have to download it even if you don't want it, because it's part of the game client, so every time they add a DLC or a Story chapter you already have it, it's just hidden behind a pay wall. I understand why they do it this way, but it's still a bloody big inconvenience!

The update patch is 58GB for f*cks sake, it'd better get hidden somewhere in the 84GB this game is already taking up...

Who knows maybe I can wrecklessly run into dungeons in front of you and kill everything, it'll be just like Runescape all over again, exept instead of annoying kids in the public chat, it's full of SJW's and keyboard warriors :))

:))

Well, we do usually play on the European server, but I sometimes switch over to the NA one if I'm on my own gathering plants and stuff and the EU servers are busy and have been picked clean. I'm an Argonian too, so I'm assuming you're with the Ebonheart Pact? Or do you have the "any race, any alliance" bonus? If you are in Ebonheart, there is a very good chance you will bump into us at some point. Keep an eye out for an Argonian and a Dark Elf in heavy armour (can't remember what my armour's called - I wear one of those skins over my actual armour, got it free as a login bonus once). My girlfriend's armour is bright purple, should make us easier to spot. :))

Yeah, I started downloading that update last night too. Gonna take a while, that. 8-|

Speaking of Runescape, I've actually been playing that again too! Started it from scratch on my phone. :))
  • Yeah both my Argonian, and my Dark Elf are Ebonheart Pact, but I do have any race, any alliance I got that as a pre-order bonus years ago. My Argonian is pretty much a master crafter, I spent a lot of time doing that stuff.
  • Vulcan: had not played it in over a decade.

How is it that after nearly 40 years I find so much fun in such a boring game...
  • Got in from work a little while ago to find my nephew pretty much camped by the front door waiting for me, and he was quite happy, I finally after much fiddling around managed to get my dodgy Dual Shock 4 to charge, so we've just played through the original Double Dragon together.

Funny thing is I didn't even have to wipe the floor with him at the end, halfway through the fight the silly sod walked off the bottom of the screen, and fell in the spikes :))

Maybe just as well though, I was winning, but since I showed him how to do the elbow, and the headbutt earlier on the little bugger was starting to make a comeback by spamming the elbow on me. He got greedy though, and went for the baseball bat that was lying on the ground.

Big mistake!!! :))
  • Yeah both my Argonian, and my Dark Elf are Ebonheart Pact, but I do have any race, any alliance I got that as a pre-order bonus years ago. My Argonian is pretty much a master crafter, I spent a lot of time doing that stuff.

Yeah, I had it as a pre-order bonus too on the Xbox, but I switched to PS4 after seeing a complete edition (it was complete at the time, it has the Morrowind and Somerset DLC) really cheap on the PSN Store. I never really got that far into the Xbox version as the mates I was playing it with all stopped playing and I lost interest. Finished the main quest of the base game on PS4 with my girlfriend a few weeks ago, but we've been having a bit of a break from it since, we're both still only level 42 (Lessons In Love, Running In The Family etc. :))). Crafting-wise, I'm only doing alchemy with my main character and provisioning with my second character (a Khajit, resides in Auridon). I was doing metalworking, but I found it to be far too much of a grind, and the armour and weapons we were both finding were way better than anything I could craft. :)
  • @Boozey. I nearly started crying when a mate forwarded me this announcement earlier today:

• Oooooooo!

May have to get that when it comes out =P~
  • I'm back playing FO New Vegas but i've totally forget how i managed to get past the Deathclaws and make it alive to the Great Khans camp, as a result i've had my ass handed me on multiple occasions! :))
    We must perform a quirkafleeg
  • zx1 wrote: »
    I'm back playing FO New Vegas but i've totally forget how i managed to get past the Deathclaws and make it alive to the Great Khans camp, as a result i've had my ass handed me on multiple occasions! :))

You need a Polo !!! :D
    So far, so meh :)
  • That's the consequence of staying indoors for months, zx1 has to re-learn how to negotiate an outside environment, be it real or virtual :-?
  • polomint wrote: »
    zx1 wrote: »
    I'm back playing FO New Vegas but i've totally forget how i managed to get past the Deathclaws and make it alive to the Great Khans camp, as a result i've had my ass handed me on multiple occasions! :))

I need better weapons and perhaps power armour! I'll go back when i'm levelled up.
    Thing is, even a stealthboy didn't work, they even saw me when that was switched on.
    We must perform a quirkafleeg
  • zx1 wrote: »
    polomint wrote: »
    zx1 wrote: »

I need better weapons and perhaps power armour! I'll go back when i'm levelled up.
    Thing is, even a stealthboy didn't work, they even saw me when that was switched on.

Balls out, big guns, kill all !!!
    So far, so meh :)