I am currently playing......

Comments

• edited September 4
    TWINLIGHT another winner from Denis Grachev. This guys games fit me to a T. Well to be honest the only other one of his I've got is GLUF which I also think is brilliant.

I'm glad I read Paul Jenkinsons magazine #1 or I'd never have known about this.

Puzzle games are my favourite type, especially when you're not up against a timer or I'd never stand a chance.

However, these two games are simple, fun and addictive IMHO and perfect for my somewhat limited skills.
    Post edited by mik3d3nch on
  • mik3d3nch wrote: »
    TWINLIGHT another winner from Denis Grachev. This guys games fit me to a T. Well to be honest the only other one of his I've got is GLUF which I also think is brilliant.

Further treat yourself to GraviBots, Alter Ego, Dreamwalker and Old Tower, at the very least.
    Thanked by 1mik3d3nch
  • I'm still plugging away at RDR2 - i've sank about 75 hours gameplay and only completed 41% of the main game. The map is huge and there is loads of parts i still haven't explored.
    We must perform a quirkafleeg
  • edited September 8
    polomint wrote: »
    GreenCard wrote: »
    I've been playing the new Microsoft Flight Simulator. I can feel my PC crying inside every time I play it, but it's good fun. :)

Need to create a WoSF FS2020 team online, get some multiplayer (crashing) going on :D

I'm quite good at crashing, especially to desktop! :))

I've been doing the bush trip stuff recently. Finishing a leg without using the GPS "back on track" thing is really satisfying. :)
    Post edited by GreenCard on
  • edited September 8
    Finished Yakuza 0. Was pretty easy with the two beasts I created, as Boozey said it would be.

Loved the whole ending from start to finish, gameplay and cutscenes, even though it went on for ages (nearly 2 hours with no saves). Never thought I'd gain a soft spot for Majima, and it's hard watching Kiryu and Nishiki together knowing what's to come.

Unskippable cutscenes are damn annoying though. Especially end credits!!
    Post edited by Vampyre on
  • Nice post-credits scene tho.
  • edited September 8
    I always wondered with the timeline of the game, and how he looks if Areshi the guy who teaches you the Breaker Style was loosely, or maybe entirely based on Alex Kidd. He does bare a slight resemblence to Sega's original mascot, albeit a bit more human looking.....Well kind of...
    Post edited by dm_boozefreek on
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • Ha ha! I see what you mean. You have to use your imagination a bit but I see what you're getting at!

Now to complete Kiwami 2 - only about 5 chapters in so far, but it's really great. At first I didn't like how they'd done the upgrading (non-wheel). Now I prefer it especially as you can feed Kiryu like a fat-bast and short-cut it :-).
  • Dunno if you’re far in enough to have seen it, but there’s a nod to Yakuza 0 in Majima’s story that will blow your mind...Alrhough when you get there you can see it coming a mile away.
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • Nah, not got there yet and it's likely to be a while as I've been ploughing so much time into Ghost Of Tsushima. Now that's a game that has ticked every box for me. It's great fun and the combat is superb - dare I say it even better than Sekiro's. I'm developing a bit of a beast now and able to control mobs now that I've got quite a bit of Resolve. There's so many distractions to it as well - lost count of the amount of times I've been on a mission and got side-tracked. Oh, and it's utterly gorgeous.

Highly recommended. This and TLOU2 are one hell of a couple of swansongs for the PS4.
  • edited September 18
    Mario 64, Sunshine and Galaxy for Switch on the new Mario 3D All Stars. Don't care how old they are, 64 and Galaxy remain two of the best games ever made. Sunshine's no slouch either. Galaxy still looks astonishing and they've not particularly upgraded the graphics of any, which I like. Still, might have been nice to switch between old and updated graphics like they did with the Monkey Island remasters.

My youngest has been loving Galaxy. It came out the year she was born!
    Post edited by Vampyre on
  • Vampyre wrote: »
    Mario 64, Sunshine and Galaxy for Switch on the new Mario 3D All Stars. Don't care how old they are, 64 and Galaxy remain two of the best games ever made. Sunshine's no slouch either. Galaxy still looks astonishing and they've not particularly upgraded the graphics of any, which I like. Still, might have been nice to switch between old and updated graphics like they did with the Monkey Island remasters.

My youngest has been loving Galaxy. It came out the year she was born!
    just got it too, never played sunshine and galaxy tbh so better value for me too.

So Xbox / Microsoft has bought Bethesda (will we see new Elder scrolls, fallout, and ID games such as Doom and Wolfenstein on playstation and nintendo consoles int he future)
    Professional Mel-the-Bell Simulator................"So realistic, I found myself reaching for the Kleenex King-Size!" - Richard Darling
  • I bloody hope so! Especially since Bethesda/ZOS announced they will be putting out an enhanced version of ESO on PS5. If they pull the plug on that, that’ll be close to 5 years of my life completely wasted!!!
  • that’ll be close to 5 years of my life completely wasted!!!
    no change there then lol
    Professional Mel-the-Bell Simulator................"So realistic, I found myself reaching for the Kleenex King-Size!" - Richard Darling
  • I'm pretty sure the Microsoft/Bethesda thing won't mean that ES and Fallout become Xbox/PC exclusives. From what Phil Spencer has said, it seems like it's more just a case of getting future Bethesda games on their Game Pass thing. Mind you, Microsoft also bought Obsidian, who recently made The Outer Worlds (excellent game), and their next RPG has been announced as a Microsoft exclusive, so who knows. :/
  • GreenCard wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the Microsoft/Bethesda thing won't mean that ES and Fallout become Xbox/PC exclusives. From what Phil Spencer has said, it seems like it's more just a case of getting future Bethesda games on their Game Pass thing. Mind you, Microsoft also bought Obsidian, who recently made The Outer Worlds (excellent game), and their next RPG has been announced as a Microsoft exclusive, so who knows. :/

RGT says Microsoft have worked with Nintendo before and their games have come out on the switch. Then there's the rare thing which was working with both. He says Microsoft don't see Nintendo as the enemy like sony
    I'm pretty sure the Microsoft/Bethesda thing won't mean that ES and Fallout become Xbox/PC exclusives. From what Phil Spencer has said, it seems like it's more just a case of getting future Bethesda games on their Game Pass thing. Mind you, Microsoft also bought Obsidian, who recently made The Outer Worlds (excellent game), and their next RPG has been announced as a Microsoft exclusive, so who knows. :/

RGT says Microsoft have worked with Nintendo before and their games have come out on the switch. Then there's the rare thing which was working with both. He says Microsoft don't see Nintendo as the enemy like sony

I do really like the fact that Nintendo never seem to get involved in the whole "console war" thing. They just do their own thing. Which is nice. :D
    GreenCard wrote: »

I do really like the fact that Nintendo never seem to get involved in the whole "console war" thing. They just do their own thing. Which is nice. :D
    yeah they just devise new ways of playing and games that are fun, never trying to go for out and out realism and as powerful as can be
  • Ironic considering they were at the forefront of the original console wars...
  • edited October 1
    Just ordered a new sd card for mi switch cos 128gb is just not enough :( ive cut the middle man out and ordered a 512gb card, should last a while lol

still playing fortnite on mi switch but now got mario 3d all stars, Cecconoid, assassins creed 3, duke nukem 3d world tour and the three resident evil games to play too
    Also added the new version of the amiga classic gods to mi wishlist too, gonna buy it when it gets a discount
    Post edited by mel the bell on
  • edited October 2
    I've been playing Mad Max this week. Watched all of the films recently and they got me in the mood to give it a go, it's been sitting in my Steam library for a yonk. Really fun game, if a tad repetitive at times.

Other than that, I've been flitting between Breath Of The Wild, Mario 3D All-Stars, Flight Simulator and NFS Heat. Oh, and I've got Star Wars Squadrons on its way too! So many games, such little free time! :D
    Post edited by GreenCard on
  • I tried to get into Mad Max but it wasn't for me, i really did try though.
  • edited October 2
    I remember Mad Max getting panned when it came out. I was quite glad when PSN gave it away for free a while back, so I could see for myself just how crap it was. I installed it, but don’t think I ever played it though. I either uninstalled it in favour of another game, or because I had another giant ESO update. I never reinstalled it afterwards, so I still never actually found out if it actually was crap or not...
    Post edited by dm_boozefreek on
    I've been playing Mad Max this week. Watched all of the films recently and they got me in the mood to give it a go, it's been sitting in my Steam library for a yonk. Really fun game, if a tad repetitive at times.

Other than that, I've been flitting between Breath Of The Wild, Mario 3D All-Stars, Flight Simulator and NFS Heat. Oh, and I've got Star Wars Squadrons on its way too! So many games, such little free time! :D
    I'd love to play that flight sim but i have two issues

A:- i dont own an eggbox and my pc cant run decent games
    B:- Im absolutely atrocious at flying games lol, spend my whole time hitting things and heading for the ground nose first

I'd love to play that flight sim but i have two issues

A:- i dont own an eggbox and my pc cant run decent games
    B:- Im absolutely atrocious at flying games lol, spend my whole time hitting things and heading for the ground nose first

A) It's not on Xbox yet, but apparently it is coming to Series X at some point. I can't see the Xbox One/S/X running it particularly well.
    B) It really does a good job of giving you lots of assistance options to make it as accessible as possible.
    I remember Mad Max getting panned when it came out. I was quite glad when PSN gave it away for free a while back, so I could see for myself just how crap it was. I installed it, but don’t think I ever played it though. I either uninstalled it in favour of another game, or because I had another giant ESO update. I never reinstalled it afterwards, so I still never actually found out if it actually was crap or not...

If you like the films, it's definitely worth a go, especially if you haven't paid anything for it (I got it for next to nothing in a Humble Bundle). It does get very repetitive quite quickly, but not so much so that I've found it annoying, at least not yet (I'm just under halfway through, according to the in-game stats)..
  • Anyone fancy the new Watchdogs game? I loved the first one and completed it but simply could not complete a certain mission in the second one but this new one looks pretty good and it's set in London this time.
  • I’ve still got the first game sitting on my shelf, still in the plastic. It’s only been there for about 6 years :))
  • I have the first two free on Epic, but didn't have a PC that could play them until my mate gave me his old gaming PC so I could work from home at the start of lockdown. So far I've only caught up with the last Tomb Raider and Jedi Fallen Order. The latter was something of a let down.
  • At my age (!) I'm just starting to discover the joys of Speccy games - I was always a late starter - and the one I'm playing now, for the first time, is Chronos which is great!

I just wish I had a joystick as the keyboard is a bit slow being as the keys are so close, I'd have used the number keypad out of choice.
  • mik3d3nch wrote: »
    At my age (!) I'm just starting to discover the joys of Speccy games - I was always a late starter - and the one I'm playing now, for the first time, is Chronos which is great!

I just wish I had a joystick as the keyboard is a bit slow being as the keys are so close, I'd have used the number keypad out of choice.
    ive been playing Splat LOL, talking of speccy games, one i always enjoyed back int he day