I am currently playing......

Comments

• zx1 wrote: »
    Anyone fancy the new Watchdogs game? I loved the first one and completed it but simply could not complete a certain mission in the second one but this new one looks pretty good and it's set in London this time.

I'm looking forward to the new Watch Dogs. Looks quite interesting, like it'll be trying a few new things, gameplay-wise.
  • Did you ever complete the 'Bunker Mission' in the second one? I must have tried that 100 times but always ran out of time and died lol.
    We must perform a quirkafleeg
  • I must have done as I definitely finished the game, but I don't remember that mission specifically. My memory of that game is a little fuzzy, I much preferred the first game overall. The second game had much better gameplay, but the story was weak and the characters were annoying as all hell, with the exception of the main character (and one of his mates, I think his name was Horatio).
  • Here's someone who managed to complete it:

• Been playing Watch Dogs Legion for the last few days. Seems to be getting somewhat mixed reviews, but I'm having a really good time with it. The "play as anyone" thing is a bit of a revelation, to be honest. I've hardly done any missions, just been having a blast mucking about with the profiler. Basically, it tracks stuff that you do to pretty much every NPC in the game. It's a bit like the "Nemesis" system in Shadow Of Mordor, but cranked up to 11. Example: I was trying to get an Albion merc (basically the police force of the game) who hates Dedsec (the hacker group you work for) to like them, so I can recruit him. So I tracked down his brother and his drug dealer (who both happened to be arrested), managed to get their respective charges cleared from the police computer (by recruiting another NPC who actually works for the police and thus has a uniform, which allowed me to just walk in) and then recruited them. This stuff now shows up on the Albion merc's profile and changed his opinion of Dedsec. I also found out where he lives and maxed out the Dedsec presence in that borough. To recruit the policewoman, I had to hack into a hospital computer system to priortise treatment for a sick relative of hers. I basically spent the whole day going down this rabbit hole of investigating and recruiting various people. Super cool! I really hope we see this sort of thing expanded upon and used in more games. :)

I'm now holding off playing it (just doing collectables and exploring) until the Series X arrives, so I've been alternating between Elite: Dangerous and NITE Team 4 on Steam.
  • just downloaded hyrule warriors age of calamity demo on switch and also bought pikmin 3 deluxe on switch so been checking those out
    Professional Mel-the-Bell Simulator................"So realistic, I found myself reaching for the Kleenex King-Size!" - Richard Darling
  • just downloaded hyrule warriors age of calamity demo on switch and also bought pikmin 3 deluxe on switch so been checking those out

That reminds me - I also finally finished Breath Of The Wild! Haven't found all of the koroks (only done 70-odd out of 900!?), but I did all of the shrines, found all the memories and completed all of the side quests I could find. Took about 130 hours in total. :)
  • GreenCard wrote: »
    just downloaded hyrule warriors age of calamity demo on switch and also bought pikmin 3 deluxe on switch so been checking those out

That reminds me - I also finally finished Breath Of The Wild! Haven't found all of the koroks (only done 70-odd out of 900!?), but I did all of the shrines, found all the memories and completed all of the side quests I could find. Took about 130 hours in total. :)

And then you look at the completion percentage and weep at it being about 35% :-)
    just downloaded hyrule warriors age of calamity demo on switch and also bought pikmin 3 deluxe on switch so been checking those out

cant remember what mine was tbh, i spent over a year playing it every day, completed the main quest but i got stuck on the DLC lol which put me off so not been on it since 2018, watched a video of all the weird **** theyve found out you can do since too lol

Professional Mel-the-Bell Simulator................"So realistic, I found myself reaching for the Kleenex King-Size!" - Richard Darling

cant remember what mine was tbh, i spent over a year playing it every day, completed the main quest but i got stuck on the DLC lol which put me off so not been on it since 2018, watched a video of all the weird **** theyve found out you can do since too lol

Blimey, that's some really freaky stuff. Gonna have to try launching a Guardian with ice blocks.
  • Vampyre wrote: »
    GreenCard wrote: »

And then you look at the completion percentage and weep at it being about 35% :-)

Probably! :)) I'll have to check that at some point, it'd be interesting to see how much/little I've actually done.

I'll be going back to it at some point to do the DLC (which I haven't actually bought yet). I'll make a proper attempt to find all of the koroks then too - a mate of mine tells me the DLC unlocks a piece of gear that makes finding them a lot easier. That video is interesting though. Never thought of replacing enemy weapons while they sleep. Genius! :D
    Thanked by 1mel the bell
  • just checked mine, ive completed 69.3% (if its the figure on the map screen you go off) not played it for about 2 years though
  • Streetfighter V.....But now I am literally convinced that Capcom are complete and utter scum!

So OK they gave this game away for free on PSN last month, and the other night I'd just had enough of ESO, and thought OK I'll install this it's free how wrong can it go, but I already knew they were nickle, and diming the f*ck out of players with this game, but I thought it's the "Champion Edition" how bad can it be?

OK So I install it, and before it's fully installed it lets me play it, and I notice a really cool feature on arcade mode, it has 6 arcade modes SF1, SF Alpha, SFII, SFIII, SF IV, and SFV....I'm like OK that's pretty awesome! So me being Oldskool immediately goes for the Streetfighter 1 Arcade mode, it's only 4 fights, and at first only 4 characters available to play as!

So I have a choice of Ryu, Ken, Birdie, and Balrog.....OK That's another cool thing to me as I'm now thinking the whole regional name change bullshit? I'm now thinking are Capcom officially saying Mike from SF1 was actualy Balrog? That's always been a thing......Obviously me being me though out of the 4 available characters I pick Ken....and I play through the game, completely destroy the 4 fights that were there (Not against my own character, and the 3 other available ones).

So I'm like yeah this is pretty awesome! So I play through as Ryu as well....Yeah! Awesome!

NO!!!

OK so I went to bed after playing it, the next night I play again it installs the latest update, and I do the SF1 arcade mode again. Not only are all the characters I unlocked through playing unavailable, but Balrog is now also hidden behind a paywall! So before the game updated he was playable, now he's not, but not only that but staple characters like Guile are paywall characters!

Next ESO update is too big to download without removing another game from my hard drive....Guess which one is going? Yup this one!

Capcom really did a huge sh*t with this game, I knew it was paywall heavy, but don't give away the Champion Edition then only make 10 characters out of a roster of about 40 playable.....
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • I remember when SFV was first released and the Street Fighter community was up in arms about it. I didn't look any further into it but it sounds like they've not changed it much.

Give the Mordor sequel a go instead as that's free on PS+ this month. It's not as good as the first one IMO but still very enjoyable.
  • I've only managed so far to complete 46.2% of RDR2 - i'll never finish it in time for Cyberpunk :))
  • Vampyre wrote: »
    I remember when SFV was first released and the Street Fighter community was up in arms about it. I didn't look any further into it but it sounds like they've not changed it much.

Give the Mordor sequel a go instead as that's free on PS+ this month. It's not as good as the first one IMO but still very enjoyable.

Yeah I was super happy they gave that away this month I thought the first game was awesome, and really did the whole Middle Earth story justice. I liked how they touched on historical stuff without wrecking the canon as well. I genuinely found the characters interesting, well everyone but Talion :))

I never got into the whole army building thing much even though it added a nice strategic element, and potential fun for Endgamers. I got a few of my generals hardened up enough to take on the final battle and that was about it. The DLC was fun as well, but sadly I after I did them as well I kinda just didn't want to play it any more. Even though I thoroughly enjoyed the time I did spend with it.
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • Chuckie egg, on spectaculator, still got it (levels 22 and 24)
  • My copy of Demon's Souls for PS5 just turned up.

Pity I don't get the console until Thursday...
  • The task in Yakuza Kiwami 2 where Kiryu does a videogame voiceover. It was short but comedy gold. Not often I LOL at a game.
  • zx1 wrote: »
    I've only managed so far to complete 46.2% of RDR2 - i'll never finish it in time for Cyberpunk :))

I dunno, the way Cyberpunk's been delayed over and over, you'd probably have time to finish Rockstar's entire back catalogue before it finally gets released. ;)

I've actually been dipping into Red Dead Online again here and there over the last week. Just milling about really, doing bounties, a spot of hunting, basically killing time while Ubisoft fixes Watch Dogs Legion. There's a really annoying bug in the Series X version that stops progress being saved (there's no manual save option). Looks so lovely and shiny with all this ray tracing lark though. :)

I've actually been dipping into Red Dead Online again here and there over the last week. Just milling about really, doing bounties, a spot of hunting
    I spent months doing that on Zelda breath of the wild on switch lol, just walking round, exploring, finding things, collecting things
  • edited November 18

I've actually been dipping into Red Dead Online again here and there over the last week. Just milling about really, doing bounties, a spot of hunting
    I spent months doing that on Zelda breath of the wild on switch lol, just walking round, exploring, finding things, collecting things

Exploration is rewarding in both games, but there's so much more to stumble across and do in BOTW. It really is a game you can get lost in for months and months. Brilliant game! :)

I'm still waiting for Ubisoft to fix Watch Dogs, so I'm still playing Red Dead Online. Also been playing a game called Carrion (ohhhhh, matron!) on Game Pass. Really cool little game.
    Post edited by GreenCard on
  • Carrion is excellent fun for killing :)

I've decided to go through all the Bioshock games again (the remastered ones, not tried them previously).
    So far, so meh :)
  • polomint wrote: »
    Carrion is excellent fun for killing :)

I've decided to go through all the Bioshock games again (the remastered ones, not tried them previously).

Why am I not surprised you enjoyed Carrion?! :D

Nice! I haven't played the remastered Bioshock games either. Must do that one day. :)
  • edited November 18
    I enjoyed Carrion up to a point, then I managed to get myself lost somehow. I spent 2 or 3 hours going round in circles not finding anything new, so I've obviously taken a wrong turn somewhere as it was fairly linear up to that point. Gave up in the end which was a shame, as I'd really enjoyed it to that point and I don't think I was far from finishing.

I started playing Sniper Elite 3 on Switch this week. Watching an 'evolution of' video on the series today, I realised I'd not actually played the second one, I could've sworn I had. I'll need to go back to it at some point, but I'm carrying on with 3 for now.
    Post edited by Antiriad2097 on
  • I enjoyed Carrion up to a point, then I managed to get myself lost somehow. I spent 2 or 3 hours going round in circles not finding anything new, so I've obviously taken a wrong turn somewhere as it was fairly linear up to that point. Gave up in the end which was a shame, as I'd really enjoyed it to that point and I don't think I was far from finishing.

I think I'm now stuck at the very same point in the game. :))
  • Not long after you get the ability to take control of humans?
  • This week I shall mostly be playing... NOTHING.

ha ha ha, he he he, wheeze, cough, cough, splutter...

so there... Get you lot.
    Might be worth a visit to luny.co.uk.
  • Demon's Souls on PS5. It is absolutely gorgeous.

I'm trying to prise my youngest off Astro's Playground which is a really good Mario type game. It's the console free game (like Wii Sports was) and great fun.

Backwards compatibility is flawless. PS4 has already been wiped and put back in its box ready to be sold as there's simply no point with it now.

But the star of the show so far has been the controller. The haptic feedback and rumble is on a whole new level to what I've felt before. It's a masterpiece.
  • Gonna be a long while til’ I get my PS5 I was kind of a victim of the pre order cock ups, and now I can’t get one at all :(