I am currently playing......

Comments

• edited April 2009
    Walmart has Cadburys mini eggs in stock for Easter...I think I have consumed 4 boxes of them so far...I'll be there to buy another 10 boxes on Monday when they have the 50% off Easter stuff sale.
  • edited April 2009
    Oh and as for what I'm playing still playing Bully, got about 7 or 8 missions left on the last chapter and I'm on about 88% complete. Still need to smash 6 Garden Gnomes, collect 9 Rubber Bands, and 5 G & G cards. Other than that I think all I need to do is finish the story missions, but I want to sort out the last few collectibles first.

It'll be the first Rockstar game I've got the 100% on if I do.

I've done all the races and all the other stupid requirements like Hi-scores on the arcade games and beating up the pirate.

Never bothered with GTA:III as I found out you get absolutely nothing for your troubles, got bored of Vice City, but I have a sneaky suspicion I'll be starting a new game on that soon and going for the 100% unless I can get another Rockstar game between now and then. Gave up on San Andreas got about 75% on it, it's just too big, got nowhere near everything that's needed and I still have that high percentage, it's a bit disheartening really :rolleyes:

Really want The Warriors, but the second hand copies still seem to be going for almost full price round here, must be really popular or becoming difficult to get hold of.
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • edited April 2009
    beanz wrote: »
    Walmart has Cadburys mini eggs in stock for Easter...I think I have consumed 4 boxes of them so far...I'll be there to buy another 10 boxes on Monday when they have the 50% off Easter stuff sale.

I've got 3 of the 4 tubes my ma sent me left, the ones at Walmart may be good but they're still not as good as the real deal from the motherland ;)

As for cheapies the 4 packs of Creme Eggs should be 1$ as of Monday at Schnucks :D
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • edited April 2009
    ZnorXman wrote: »
    Quick q:
    Is it Turn Based in way, shape or form?

I've only been playing it a couple of hours, but from what I can tell, all the combat is in realtime, like Oblivion.
  • edited April 2009
    I have tosay I'm bored of fallout 3 and can't bring myself to play it. Strange since I quite enjoyed oblivion.

I've just finished the first chapter of RE 5. The start didn't have me in its grip like RE 4 did. Found it all a bit underwhelming actually. Hopefully, it picks up pace from now on...
  • edited April 2009
    Arjun wrote: »
    I have tosay I'm bored of fallout 3 and can't bring myself to play it. Strange since I quite enjoyed oblivion.

I've just finished the first chapter of RE 5. The start didn't have me in its grip like RE 4 did. Found it all a bit underwhelming actually. Hopefully, it picks up pace from now on...

if you had played fallout 3 b4 oblivion you would have enjoyed it better.

and resi 5 isn't a patch on dead space, and i know you played that too. ;)
  • edited April 2009
    It'll be the first Rockstar game I've got the 100% on if I do.

I've got a save from GTA: San Andreas somewhere that's 97.25% (something like that anyway) complete... missing a couple of horseshoes or somthing!!
  • edited April 2009
    very boring afternoon at work, so loaded up spin and played some MD2 and Chaos. Then had a game of speeded up rebelstar 2 and stranded half my men on the alien planet. ho hum.
  • edited April 2009
    Really want The Warriors, but the second hand copies still seem to be going for almost full price round here, must be really popular or becoming difficult to get hold of.

The Warriors! now that is a game that I'm really sad that I did'nt buy when it was available...

as for San Andreas, I finally got hands on it in february, played a bit...and for some reason just got bored... as you say it's just to big, it gets really boring spending more time on a car or a bike to do a mission than actually doing anything...
  • edited April 2009
    VanTammen wrote: »
    The Warriors! now that is a game that I'm really sad that I did'nt buy when it was available...

Excellent game, especially if you're a big fan of the movie (like me)!!
  • edited April 2009
    WSC Real 09 World Snooker Championship on 360

F@@king glitched as the previous one (in presentation and achievements),but it has an excellent ball physics engine!!
  • zx1zx1
    edited April 2009
    Playing Civ 4 - going to spend the whole day playing this.
    We must perform a quirkafleeg
  • edited April 2009
    AAAAAGH!!!!!!

If I hadn't have shaved me heed on Saturday morning I'd be ripping my hair out!

Bully is driving me mad!

All I have to do is find 1 G n' G card and 4 rubber bands.

I've even broke my games guru ruling (no cheating, it's a long-ish story, although I haven't broken it on a technicality) and resorted to using a guide for the G n' G cards I've followed 3 different ones to the exact word with the use of a marked map as well and that last card is eluding me! I'm beginning to wonder if it's done a classic Rockstar glitch and not registered one of them.

I haven't even started looking for the last 4 bands yet either, and I can tell it's gonna be worse as there's almost twice as many of those than there are cards :mad:

But I'm not putting the pad down til' I've got the 100%

I'm currently stuck on 98.87 or something, it's burgling my free time away but I refuse to give up.
  • edited April 2009
    ive been away for a few days and only had my ds for company (well game wise) and been playing mario kart slightly.
    but ive been playing bubble bobble the most, finally ive got over the 1 million mark and onto level 41/42 :)
    Professional Mel-the-Bell Simulator................"So realistic, I found myself reaching for the Kleenex King-Size!" - Richard Darling
  • edited April 2009
    Well momentarily gave up on Bully and tried to play Metal Gear 2, but then remembered how many twitchy controls and how much crap you have to sift through to get killed...er I mean actually play the game. After about 5 minutes I was like NO! and switched it off, I'm not in the right frame of mind to play that game. I've already done it before years ago, but I really can't be arsed to get used to playing it again.

Anyway I'll give the final bits of Bully another blasteez sometime over the next day or so, but I'm thinking of switching playstations for a bit from 2 back to 1, I'm going to have to get myself a copy of the first Silent Hill to play through (be it even by hooky means :D), as it's been a few years now.

I still have a load of unplayed PS1 games, but I'm curious if anyone has played Overblood? If so is it any good (I'm maybe looking at Graz here, this seems like your cup o' tea matey)?
  • edited April 2009
    Played a bit of Red Alert 3 this weekend and Rez for the dreamcast.

Is bully on the Black Xbox or 360? (or both?)
  • edited April 2009
    Played a bit of Red Alert 3 this weekend and Rez for the dreamcast.

Is bully on the Black Xbox or 360? (or both?)

Both, but I've got the PS2 version, the regular SeXBOX has the regular version, and the SeXBOX 360, and Wii have Bully: Scholarship edition (I have no idea what the differences are with this version other than improved graphics?).
  • edited April 2009
    Ok, guess I'll have a look see if I can find it for the black xbox.
  • zx1zx1
    edited April 2009
    Still playing Civ 4 - this game is so addictive
    We must perform a quirkafleeg
  • edited April 2009
    Playing Gears of War 2. Absolutely kickass, action packed over the top action game which just bulldozes along at a reckless pace. The sort of mindless mouth frothing action I love to get into after a hard days work! :)
  • edited April 2009
    Last night I had a look at San Francisco Rush 2049 on the Dreamcast, the look turned into about 1.5hr playing.
  • edited April 2009
    i fucking playing muther fucking house of the muther fucking dead - overkill
    on the muther fucking Wii.
  • edited April 2009
    mile wrote: »
    i fucking playing muther fucking house of the muther fucking dead - overkill
    on the muther fucking Wii.

Sorry, but that kind of talk does not go with the fluffy image of your average Wii player.
  • edited April 2009
    I'm currently hooked on Fallout 3 on the 360... I think it's bloody great, found it pretty hard at first but I've got into the swing of things quite nicely now!!
  • edited April 2009
    I'm going to start a replay of Galerians today, it's been a while since I played it, and I've got it saved now so you can run whilst shorting, which should be interesting for the first part of the game as everybody that attacks you is a regular human, so there'll be heads popping all over the place :D

Then I'm gonna give Countdown Vampires a go, apparently it's one of the worse survival horrors ever made, but I'll be the judge of that. I'm pretty sure I've played worse *cough!* Suffering *Cough!* Vampire Hunter D *Cough! Cough!*.

Then I guess I'll try out Overblood, as I seem to have acquired a copy of it, and it's supposed to be quite interesting.
  • edited April 2009
    Sorry, but that kind of talk does not go with the fluffy image of your average Wii player.

its an 18 cert game.
  • edited April 2009
    GreenCard wrote: »
    I'm currently hooked on Fallout 3 on the 360... I think it's bloody great, found it pretty hard at first but I've got into the swing of things quite nicely now!!

yeah its great, i'm about to start my 3rd play through, gonna try playing it like a tramp and have no set base, just carry all my shit around with me.

bit like kung fu
  • edited April 2009
    Wii question - I'm VERY wary of buying anything by SEGA now after getting sick of their habit of overblown celebrations, and mind-numbingly obvious but unskippable pop-up 'hints'.

Like how they saddled Sonic Unleashed with the bastard love-child of a failed Pokemon and the Microsoft Paperclip, so that when you walk towards a glowing door you have to wait whilst you're told 'hey, that door wasn't glowing before, let's check it out...'; or how Ghost Squad has a lengthy sequence to tell you how to knife-fight in the middle of a scrap (exactly what part of 'point at something and pull the trigger' do they think I've forgotten?), or taking so long to walk you through the bomb-disarming exercise you can't tell when you're actually doing it in-game rather than in-demo; or worse still how Super Monkey Ball goes to the credits after just four levels. Twats.

So are House of the Dead: Overkill and Madworld similarly FUBAR as playable games go?
    Joefish
    - IONIAN-GAMES.com -
  • edited April 2009
    joefish wrote: »
    So are House of the Dead: Overkill and Madworld similarly FUBAR as playable games go?

haven't played madworld.

but HOD-O is playable as an on rails shooter ever can be, they isn't any hints, cept the reload flash. you don't have much to do other than shooting anything that moves. it does circle points of bosses weakspots, but i suppose that a bit of a change from a bosses glowing weak spot.

great game thogh, very funny, although if you aren't keen on the f-word, id stay clear.

16 quid at tesco too, can't be knocked. i think madworld was selling for 20.
  • edited April 2009
    mile wrote: »
    yeah its great, i'm about to start my 3rd play through, gonna try playing it like a tramp and have no set base, just carry all my shit around with me.

bit like kung fu

:lol:

I was doing that, but then some sherriff dude gave me a house, which was mighty good of him. Come to think of it though, I had saved his life, sorted out his town's plumbing issues and saved it from blowing up!!

Seriously loving this game though. I've been told I've inadvertedly skipped a chunk of the main quest, but at least it'll give me something new to do when I play through it again.