I am currently playing......

Comments

• edited April 2009
    Hmmm! That reminds me I still have Fallout 1 and 2 for the PC to check out yet, maybe once I get my survival horror fix, I'll give em' a whirl.
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • edited April 2009
    GreenCard wrote: »
    :lol:

I was doing that, but then some sherriff dude gave me a house, which was mighty good of him. Come to think of it though, I had saved his life, sorted out his town's plumbing issues and saved it from blowing up!!

Seriously loving this game though. I've been told I've inadvertedly skipped a chunk of the main quest, but at least it'll give me something new to do when I play through it again.

yeah ive missed out a big chink of the main quest, suppose it showes how open it is though.

the main bug with having a house was that i constantly ending up taking all my loot back there and hoarding it, i got the the end, had loads of medicine and weapons stored up, never slept rough, just fast travelled home when i was sick. same with the shop, i kept gonig back to the same shop to repair stuff rather than meetign new people

what i would like to do is just walk everywhere, carry my stuff, maybe hide some guns or food out and about, cos there plenty of roving traders to trade off or kill.
  • edited April 2009
    mile wrote: »
    the main bug with having a house was that i constantly ending up taking all my loot back there and hoarding it, i got the the end, had loads of medicine and weapons stored up, never slept rough, just fast travelled home when i was sick.

That's exactly what I'm doing at the moment... got craploads of stuff in my house to sell to the traders, when they eventually decide to show up, I always seem to miss them and end up having to go backwards and forwards between home and Rivet City to flog all my gear.
  • edited April 2009
    GreenCard wrote: »
    That's exactly what I'm doing at the moment... got craploads of stuff in my house to sell to the traders, when they eventually decide to show up, I always seem to miss them and end up having to go backwards and forwards between home and Rivet City to flog all my gear.

i never usually trade to them, i tended to use moira she had more caps. you can find a map from a guy that shows you the route the traders take.
  • edited April 2009
    i never usually trade to them, i tended to use moira she had more caps. you can find a map from a guy that shows you the route the traders take.

Oooooh, that sounds handy... I'll have a hunt around for him then!! :smile:
  • edited April 2009
    16 quid at tesco too, can't be knocked. i think madworld was selling for 20.

Might have to give that a go then. Actually, the other furiously annoying thing about Ghost Squad is that it tells you to 'Point Off-Screen to Reload'. What it doesn't tell you is that you have to point off to the left or right. If you lower the gun off the bottom of the screen, it won't reload. Some of their people really need a good kicking.
    Joefish
    - IONIAN-GAMES.com -
  • edited April 2009
    its an 18 cert game.

So? My grandma (if I had one) is over 18 and wouldn't talk like that! (while playing on the Wii anyway).
  • edited April 2009
    I'm currently playing......

With my willy.

(someone had to say it).
  • edited April 2009
    I'm stll in the process of playing through Fallout 3...It is awesome, isn't it!? I'm quite near the end, but have decided to scout round a few other places before doing the last couple of missions...I still haven't discovered a certain other-wordly object in the desert yet...

Still playing Street Fighter 4 loads as well...I haven't had as much fun online in ages. With all the random fights it reminds me of fighting in the old arcades...only with more Spanish, French and Japanese people...and less noise....and less smoke and smell of chips.....(not much like it at all actually....but somehow, still is....or something...)

Left 4 Dead needs to hurrry up and release new maps...I'm starting to get bored of the ones they've got...

Oh, and I've also been playing a surprising amount of Micro Machines on the Megadrive as well..I used to hate the stop/start nature of it, but if you can get someone who knows what they're doing to play it with you, it actually works rather well.....
  • edited April 2009
    beanz wrote: »

With my willy.

(someone had to say it).

Tsk.....There's always one...

:lol:
  • edited April 2009
    beanz wrote: »

With my willy.

(someone had to say it).

i think you'll find you're the only one who will ever play with that.
  • edited April 2009
    Damn. .
  • edited April 2009
    Some of the Mega Drive Games mentioned in Retro Gamer that I had not played in years (Like Road Rash)

Since yesterday, X-Men on MAME

and been playing again Foot Manager 2009 (it's taking a while for me to get hooked to the game like I did to previous versions... the 3-d animation looks fun in the first 3 or 4 games, but after that it just looks like something in the way of business...
  • edited April 2009
    I'm playing MADWORLD on the Wii, but it's just gone a bit pear shapped. I don't know if anybody else here has played it, but it's great fun until you get to the castle level. The games then turns into a zombie/werewolves thingy that is not only out of place, but they have introduced a new "grim reaper" enemy that can kill you outright in one hit. To me, it's just sucked all the fun out of it :(

I'm also playing Onechanbara?: Bikini Samurai Squad? on the Xbox360. Ok, so it's rather cheesey, but it's a good laugh and I'm easily pleased :)
  • edited April 2009
    deadpan666 wrote: »
    I'm stll in the process of playing through Fallout 3...It is awesome, isn't it!? I'm quite near the end, but have decided to scout round a few other places before doing the last couple of missions...I still haven't discovered a certain other-wordly object in the desert yet...

You'll want that when you come up against the Behemoths and a group of Deathclaws - they really are vicious b**tards!!! I've completed it a couple of times now and just playing it to get the Platinum trophy. 7 more to get (4 of which I should be able to get easily), the other 3 are another story :-(

I must say, I think I prefer it to Oblivion, which is saying a LOT as Oblivion was incredible!!
  • edited April 2009
    Vampyre wrote: »
    You'll want that when you come up against the Behemoths and a group of Deathclaws - they really are vicious b**tards!!!

theres a vid on your tube of a deathcalw fighting a behemoth. it doesn't last long. lol

also theres a vid of a family of deathcalws wandering about.
  • edited April 2009
    I must say, I think I prefer it to Oblivion, which is saying a LOT as Oblivion was incredible!!

I'm starting to feel the same way...
  • edited April 2009
    Then I'm gonna give Countdown Vampires a go, apparently it's one of the worse survival horrors ever made, but I'll be the judge of that. I'm pretty sure I've played worse *cough!* Suffering *Cough!* Vampire Hunter D *Cough! Cough!*.
    :lol:Vampire Hunter D is one of the worst games I've ever played. It's so bad I just had to buy it! Only 99p second hand :lol:
    Oh, no. Every time you turn up something monumental and terrible happens.
    I don’t think I have the stomach for it.
    --Raziel (Legend of Kain: Soul Reaver 2)

https://www.youtube.com/user/VincentTSFP
  • edited April 2009
    theres a vid on your tube of a deathcalw fighting a behemoth. it doesn't last long. lol

Will have to look that one up!!!
    also theres a vid of a family of deathcalws wandering about.

That'd be the Deathclaw Sanctuary and it's where one of the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Bobbleheads is located. It's bad enough 1 of them after you (6 hits and you're dead even at Level 20 - and they hit FAST) but 3 or 4 of the gits....
  • edited April 2009
    deadpan666 wrote: »
    Still playing Street Fighter 4 loads as well...I haven't had as much fun online in ages. With all the random fights it reminds me of fighting in the old arcades...only with more Spanish, French and Japanese people...and less noise....and less smoke and smell of chips.....(not much like it at all actually....but somehow, still is....or something...)

When we eventually get a 360 we'll probably end up getting SF4. We're a bit shit at the games, but this one looks like so much fun and old skool that it's got to be worth getting.
    Oh, and I've also been playing a surprising amount of Micro Machines on the Megadrive as well..I used to hate the stop/start nature of it, but if you can get someone who knows what they're doing to play it with you, it actually works rather well.....

MM on the Megadrive is fantastic. Especially if you've got the Turbo Tournament 96 one with the extra ports for 4 players. Then it's true madness trying to knock each other off the course.

We used to spend hours playing that. Shame that the Micro Machines games on the PS1 and beyond were a bit shit. And the least said about Micro Maniacs the better.

• edited April 2009

That'd be the Deathclaw Sanctuary and it's where one of the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Bobbleheads is located. It's bad enough 1 of them after you (6 hits and you're dead even at Level 20 - and they hit FAST) but 3 or 4 of the gits....

nah it wasn't there. i wandered into there by accident once i got stuck down the drain, took me ages to sneak out. kept dying and couldn't fast travel, first i had seen of them. next time went in with the dart gun and wiped them all out.

the family was seen near the dunwich building crossing a bridge, as i remeber a few of them were little, like baby ones.

Edit - im not thinking fo the deathclaw sanctuary, i was thinknig of that ruined town where they all hung out, thinking about it i never actually went there. i found it, but the name put me off. its one of those places for the next play through. so maybe that where the family came from :)
  • edited April 2009
    VincentAC wrote: »
    :lol:Vampire Hunter D is one of the worst games I've ever played. It's so bad I just had to buy it! Only 99p second hand :lol:

Haha! You got robbed mate! I got mine by somewhat questionable means, and I still think I was robbed.

I started playing it and thought "Nah! it aint that bad", then the hand started talking to me, the video skipped a bit too. The hand put me right off, then as soon as I encountered the first monsters, looked like Gorillas built out of squash balls and pepperami's, I switched it off.

Utter kenk! :lol:
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • edited April 2009
    Vantammens MAME trouble thread got me looking at some of my old arcade stuff, and I ended up playing Strider 2 from start to finish. Good game but I still think I prefer the original. Strider 2 is just too much of a weird mish mash of 2D and 3D going on at once.

So I still haven't played any PS1 games today, and I probably won't since I may have to phone my mother, although I'm off work tonight so maybe I'll do that in the morning?
  • edited April 2009
    Haha! You got robbed mate! I got mine by somewhat questionable means, and I still think I was robbed.

I actually wanted to buy it... after I'd played it! Someone's got to preserve the worst games ever :lol:

Buying the worst game ever for 99p second hand = priceless :lol:
    I started playing it and thought "Nah! it aint that bad", then the hand started talking to me, the video skipped a bit too. The hand put me right off, then as soon as I encountered the first monsters, looked like Gorillas built out of squash balls and pepperami's, I switched it off.

Utter kenk! :lol:

I knew the anime before I'd played the game so I was expecting the hand thing. But jesus, that hand was a bloody annoyance in the game. Mind you, I think I only got slightly further than you :lol:

• edited April 2009
    MM on the Megadrive is fantastic. Especially if you've got the Turbo Tournament 96 one with the extra ports for 4 players. Then it's true madness trying to knock each other off the course.

i have that one :D
    trouble is i have no friends to use the extra ports :(

lol
    Professional Mel-the-Bell Simulator................"So realistic, I found myself reaching for the Kleenex King-Size!" - Richard Darling
  • zx1zx1
    edited April 2009
    Currently playing with my wee tool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We must perform a quirkafleeg
  • edited April 2009
    When we eventually get a 360 we'll probably end up getting SF4. We're a bit shit at the games, but this one looks like so much fun and old skool that it's got to be worth getting.

We used to spend hours playing that. Shame that the Micro Machines games on the PS1 and beyond were a bit shit. And the least said about Micro Maniacs the better.

Streetfighter 4 is the first Streetfighter since the original SF2 that lets you get away with bashing the buttons...It lets people who can do combos and stuff use them too, but even if you're clueless you can scrape a few wins...And the Challenge Mode will keep the more professional players busy....

And yeah, I've got all the Micro Machine games...found them all for a pound each in a charity shop! Not a bad purchase...picked up Chakan - The Forever Man and Kid Chameleon at the same time, so I'll be playing through them again soon as well...
  • edited April 2009
    As I'm enjoying MADWROLD so much, I thought I'dpost a video of one of my favorite bits so far. Man Golf! It's probably more fun to play than it is to watch though.

Needless to say, this vid contains strong language and voilence :D

• edited April 2009
    Once again proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Wii is not just for kids :lol:

If I ever get mine this'll be a game I look at for defos, looks to nasty and twisted to pass up. Been hearing nothing but good things about this game for the last month or so :D
  • edited April 2009
    Galerians (PS1) second playthrough, picked it up after months, which was a nice break from it. Playing through the second time makes it quicker but no easier with the run whilst shorting. Because you still have to be able to work out how many recovery pills and Delmetors you need for the boss fights. You can do the full first chapter with the run whilst shorting without stopping you can short for the whole chapter if you know what you're doing and nobody stands a chance against you as even though shorting is lethal to you the human opponents die instantly when you approach them.

Still if I hadn't have been playing this I'd have known what Rubberkeys thread was about :D