I am currently playing......

Comments

• edited April 2009
    Finished Galerians early this morning shaved exactly 2 hours off my time from the first playthrough First playthrough was 8hrs 38mins, second was 6hrs 38 mins. Not that it matters this game gives you little or no reward for multiple plays.

Started playing Countdown Vampires which apparently is one of the worst most wooden boring survival horror games ever made. Only played it to the first save point, but so far it seems pretty good, don't understand the slating tbh. It's no worse than resi 1 so far for wooden characters and crappy voice acting infact it seems a little more believable than the first Resident Evil ever was.
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • edited April 2009
    I got bored the other night and thought I'd restart Silent Hill 3 on the PS2...I'd started it ages ago, but wasn't liking it as much as 1 or 2, so I kind of just started playing something else...

But now, having played through to the Hospital, it is definitely growing on me...I got the first proper scare I've had playing a game in ages with it as well.....
    Spoiler:
    .....I was playing it in the dark with headphones on as well, and I liked the subtle noises that came through the speakers making me wonder if it was in the game, or if it was my neighbours wandering about upstairs....Freaky Deaky!
  • edited April 2009
    Haha, yeah that bit made me jump a wee bit aswell.

I always find them creepy since SH2.

There aren't that many scares like that, but wait till you get to the end of the Hospital when the walls change, and the room with the big mirror and there's another bit in the Chapel near the end where the walls change aswell.

But the bit with the mirror is great. Just make sure you have some health drinks!
    Oh, no. Every time you turn up something monumental and terrible happens.
    I don’t think I have the stomach for it.
    --Raziel (Legend of Kain: Soul Reaver 2)

https://www.youtube.com/user/VincentTSFP
  • edited April 2009
    I'm going to replay Silent Hill once I've finished Countdown Vampires and Overblood. Haven't played it for almost 3 years, and I still think it's great.

I'm getting kind of desperate to get copies of 2, 3, and 4 for my PS2 as they still cost almost the same as new used. But I want to play through 2 especially cos' me and my mates bumbled our way through it when it first came out all the way to the bad ending, and I never really got a proper go of it.

I've never even seen 3 or 4 running on a real machine only on TV when they were new.

But even though Origins is a prequel I want to play the series as it's supposed to be.

From what I hear of Origins it can be played as a stand alone as it's set before the first one, but apparently answers unanswered questions relating to all 4 other games?
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • edited April 2009
    hmmmm had a quick look at final fantasy 12 on the ps2 last night and...............
    im not sure i like it??

its like 3 million cut scenes (admittedly they are atmospheric and good but still...you cant play em)
    then its run about, kill a guard, run about kill, kill kill, found a potion, run about, run about and dead
    didnt seem to be that much you did, apart from run about and kill the same type of people??

hmmmmm
    Professional Mel-the-Bell Simulator................"So realistic, I found myself reaching for the Kleenex King-Size!" - Richard Darling
  • edited April 2009
    Sounds like you may have discovered an RPG ;)
  • edited April 2009
    I'm getting kind of desperate to get copies of 2, 3, and 4 for my PS2 as they still cost almost the same as new used. But I want to play through 2 especially cos' me and my mates bumbled our way through it when it first came out all the way to the bad ending, and I never really got a proper go of it.
    Try and get the Platinum version ("Director's Cut" I think). Its got at least one extra ending and it's got a bonus sub game called "Born From A Wish".

I think there's only one version of 3 and 4 though. And SH:O is a bit pants imho. It's a bit like Soul Reaver - you "choose" when to go to the other world. And you've to go back and forward between them a few times within a short time so the atmosphere keeps changing. It's not like SH1/2/3 where you've got the normal world for ages, then the dark world for ages then onto the next location. You're constantly hopping between dark and normal in the same place. Ruins the whole thing for me.

I can't answer about it answering questions from the other games, but I'm sure I've seen at least one familiar face already so it probably sets up a few characters from the other games.

• edited April 2009
    hmmmm had a quick look at final fantasy 12 on the ps2 last night and...............
    im not sure i like it??
    I liked the gameplay of it, but the story was shit.

And I actually liked the Gambit system aswell even though most die hard FF fans I see talk about it hate it.

• edited April 2009
    VincentAC wrote: »
    Haha, yeah that bit made me jump a wee bit aswell.

Yep, me too... I'd have to say it's probably my fave of the series so far. The fourth one was a bit of a disappointment... great story, but far too much running backwards and forwards.

I'm (still) currently playing Fallout 3 to death... really loving every minute of it. I bought Far Cry 2 yesterday too, had a quick go to see what it's like... bloody hard (but gorgeous)!!
  • edited April 2009
    GreenCard wrote: »

I'm (still) currently playing Fallout 3 to death... really loving every minute of it. I bought Far Cry 2 yesterday too, had a quick go to see what it's like... bloody hard (but gorgeous)!!

yeah far cry two is ace. was the first 360 game i played and others dont seem to match up cept cod4, but that was so short in comparison.

will agree that its hard, but that seems to be because its very open plan and you get used to using tactics more than just going in with a gun blazing away.
  • edited April 2009
    I've finally completed GOW 2. Awesome awesome ending! What a roller coaster ride from start to finish! Probably one of the finest action games in the market today.

Now playing Ace Combat 6 and it makes a great change from all the FPS and third person games. Nothing better than high G turns, gattling gun blazing away with one finger ready to launch missiles at the sound of the missile lock on and then pulling away at the last moment just as the ground comes up! Beautiful looking game too with some really exotic aircrafts to fly.

I've got RE 5 on standby for the moment.
  • edited April 2009
    mile wrote: »
    will agree that its hard, but that seems to be because its very open plan and you get used to using tactics more than just going in with a gun blazing away.

I've just had a good sesh on it, and I think I'm getting the hang of it now.... fire is goooood!! :D
    Arjun wrote: »
    I've finally completed GOW 2. Awesome awesome ending! What a roller coaster ride from start to finish! Probably one of the finest action games in the market today.

Couldn't agree more, thoroughly enjoyed that game... much better than the original, in my opinion.
  • edited April 2009
    I've just had a good sesh on it, and I think I'm getting the hang of it now.... fire is goooood!! :D

yeah fire is great in the game, at night over a river is looks superb. wish there was more smoke though, you could have created a proper smoke screen.

as for GOW2, it made my mouth water for a third installment. hopefully see the rest of the carmine family. ;)
  • edited April 2009
    Well I guess I'm going to start Silent Hill, as I can't swap Countdown Vampires discs even if I take the spring out and close the PSX lid properly :D

..and Overblood is bloody awful, that robot thing you get is annoying, the jump is stupid and anti gravity style, and I didn't even make it out of the Cryo-chamber.

Couldn't be arsed with it basically.
  • edited April 2009
    iMob on my iPod Touch.

Damn it gets addictive once you end up a member of a (slightly) organised group.
  • edited April 2009
    Been playing a combination of Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga on the Xbox 360 and MadWorld on the Wii. MadWorld is particularly amusing.

Also downloaded Outrun Online Arcade from Xbox Live, but not put that much time into it yet.
  • edited April 2009
    Left 4 Dead (PC) and Lord Of The Rings Online (PC) plus the occasional Rock Band 2 (360) and Tomb Raider: Anniversary (PC)

L4D is my fave at the moment and looking forward to the soon to be available free DLC which will add Survival mode to the game.
  • edited April 2009
    This is all thanks to Vertigo taking the piss in the MAME probs thread, but I'm playing Dancing Eyes on ZINc. :D

It is actually a good game, even if it is a little creepy with the scantily dressed badly textured Japanese cartoon girls. :lol:
  • edited April 2009
    Old Skool, I used to mix this with an acappella and I just can't think who it was by (the acappella) (tip of the tongue - I'm going to have to search through thousands of records now or I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight)...

EDIT - it's "never gonna give you up", but I can't find it and it's NOT Rick Astley!

EDIT EDIT - JINNY! (found the bastard!)

And this just sent the chicks wild...

...and I just used the vocal off of this...

• edited April 2009
    bought STAR WARS: KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC and FABLE (second hand - ?12.98!!!!) on thursday last week and played a bit of them
  • edited April 2009
    Neo-Geo Games Session about to begin :)
    Planned Games and plays:

NeoDriftOut - play till my first failure(could be a while....)
    NeoTurfMasters - (Play 18 holes on Japan course)
    LeagueBowling - (Hope I'm still awake for this one....)

All 3 are nice easy going games but very enjoyable - and I'm gonna play them lying on the couch using a wiimote.........and so begins a blissful sleep
    "I should use simulator loosely 'cos I don't think it's quite like this on the beach with helicopters and fires and the jumping beach buggy" - paulisthebest3uk 2020.
  • edited April 2009
    I've been trying to free up some room on my computer, I don't need to for a long time yet but I just thought I would, so all my Neo-Geo games got moved onto a keydrive, I'm just gonna transport them back to the comp when I want to play them. Freed up a few Gigs anyway.

This morning though I've been playing E-SWAT.

Gonna have a quick blast of Shadow Dancer after I have a shower and something to eat, then some form of Double Dragon I think.

Still trying to decide on a game to actually spend some time playing, I have a handfull of PS1 games I want to play but not sure which one.

So far I've wittled it down to playing through Silent Hill for...well I dunno how many times I have now.

Saiyuki, an RPG based on the story of the Monkey King or whatever it's called, just think an Isometric RPG version of Monkey Magic.

Vagrant Story, I tried to play this a while ago but just couldn't be arsed with it, but I have to play it sometimes since I wanted to for years before I got hold of it.

Legacy of Kain, I've always wanted to play through this since it first came out, and it's another game that I finally got and didn't bother with.

Finally and this is one I've been wanting to play since it came out, and only discovered my ancient scratched to death copy suddenly decided to work the other day, but Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

I really want to play all of these, but there is weeks worth of game there, that's why I've been playing silly or arcadey type games over the last couple of days because I just feel like I don't have time to play a massive adventure game or an RPG.
  • edited April 2009
    Legacy of Kain, I've always wanted to play through this since it first came out, and it's another game that I finally got and didn't bother with.
    If it's LoK: Blood Omen - classic RPG style game that. Haven't played it in years but I did enjoy it. Well, as much as my scratched copy would let me.

Just don't bother with Blood Omen II. That's absolutely abysmal.

The Soul Reaver games are good action games though and Defiance is fantastic purely because of the story. The only down side would be the switching between Kain and Raziel and forgetting what you were doing when you switched back. Still, great game to complete the trilogy (I don't count BO or BO2 as they arent technically part of the arc although there are important things in BO for SR).

--edit--
    My sig is actually from SR2. Said by Raziel to Kain while watching Yanos Audron.

• edited April 2009
    It is the first Kain Game Blood Omen, personally I didn't really like the soul reaver games. I thought they'd be really good but I just got bored.

Anyway I've decided to play Saiyuki, since I'm very much a fan of the Journey east or west or whatever the Monkey Story is actually called? Probably west since they start off in China and end up in India.

Anyway It's very Japanese looking although they've made monkey a bit too mannish looks like Lion-O or something and Sandy is now bald apart from a tuft, but Piggsy looks spot on. Haven't seen them in the game yet though. But so far they're a step up from the characters in Son Son :D

I think the theme music for the start up may have even been performed by the same people that did the tune for Monkey! It sounds just like them.

Totally meaningless drivel to most I'm sure but I had to get it out of my system :D

Oh to top it all off I can't actually find Legacy of Kain anywhere now? No idea where it's gone?

EDIT: scratch the above Saiyuki although nice looking actually ended up being a tactics game, and although it is quite good I died on the second battle after playing for about 5 minutes, that's literally playing though. I was actually sat in front of the PS for about 45 mins wading through banter that is OK once but I'm not willing to sit through it again.

So I'll probably never play this game again.

Oh well onto the next.
  • edited April 2009
    Went back to Hokuto No Ken after what may be about a year I dunno, thought I'd deleted my save but by some strange chance it was there so I continued where I left off. looks like it hasn't froze whilst fighting Jagi, which is what stopped me playing it in the first place.
  • edited April 2009
    I've just had another good sesh on Far Cry 2... they should rename it "Car Fry 2", what with all the automotive repairs I'm having to do in it!!

Great game though, really getting into it now, but it's time for some Fallout 3 methinks!! :-)
  • edited April 2009
    tips for far cry 2

i only found these out on a second play so are quite handy.

the remote mines can be stuck to things, you need to go up to the bonnet or whatever and keep your finger on the trigger. also once placed press your aim button to place another. very hand as you can stick 5 to your jeep before driving it into the enemy.

the dart rifle is a one shot kill weapon rather than a stun weapon.
  • edited April 2009
    tips for far cry 2

i only found these out on a second play so are quite handy.

the remote mines can be stuck to things, you need to go up to the bonnet or whatever and keep your finger on the trigger. also once placed press your aim button to place another. very hand as you can stick 5 to your jeep before driving it into the enemy.

the dart rifle is a one shot kill weapon rather than a stun weapon.

Excellent, I didn't know any of that... so far, I've just been using a silenced pistol, machete, sniper rifle (I'm stealthy, me) and a rocket launcher (just in case things get really hairy). I think I wasted lots of dough buying those crates for the safe houses... I thought once you bought them you'd be able to get fresh weapons from them whenever you wanted, but they're literally just for storage and seem a bit pointless!! Nevermind!!
  • edited April 2009
    Excellent, I didn't know any of that... so far, I've just been using a silenced pistol, machete, sniper rifle (I'm stealthy, me) and a rocket launcher (just in case things get really hairy). I think I wasted lots of dough buying those crates for the safe houses... I thought once you bought them you'd be able to get fresh weapons from them whenever you wanted, but they're literally just for storage and seem a bit pointless!! Nevermind!!

they are a bit of a big spend early one, but they can be handy. if you are on extended operations and your gun falls apart, its good to go and be able to get a fresh one. also you can put you sniper in there, travel to the target with assault rifle to take out people on the way then you have a fresh gun for your mission objective. so it can work out well with a stratergy.

my fave set up was a dart rifle in the bottom slot, an m16 in the left one, and a gredane launcher in the right one.
  • edited April 2009
    my fave set up was a dart rifle in the bottom slot, an m16 in the left one, and a gredane launcher in the right one.

I didn't know you could change slots either... whenever I approach a weapon it just automatically picks a slot to go into (replaces a specific weapon).

Is it true that there aren't any planes in the game, just gliders (like in the original)?