I am currently playing......

Comments

• edited April 2009
    GreenCard wrote: »
    I didn't know you could change slots either... whenever I approach a weapon it just automatically picks a slot to go into (replaces a specific weapon).

Is it true that there aren't any planes in the game, just gliders (like in the original)?

no, sorry, the slots are specific to the weapon.

but what you will find is the odd weapon fitting into different slots. so the dart rifle goes in the same slot as the heavy weapons, and the small grenade launcher in the same slot as the pistols. so that way i got to use a sniper rifle and an assault rifle in the same set up. they aren't interchangable, and it doesn't make it clear when you are purchasing them. just hope for the best.

yeah just gliders, they mgiht do something with a dlc pack one day i guess as they added a couple of vehicals a while back.
  • edited April 2009
    mile wrote: »
    no, sorry, the slots are specific to the weapon.

but what you will find is the odd weapon fitting into different slots. so the dart rifle goes in the same slot as the heavy weapons, and the small grenade launcher in the same slot as the pistols. so that way i got to use a sniper rifle and an assault rifle in the same set up. they aren't interchangable, and it doesn't make it clear when you are purchasing them. just hope for the best.

yeah just gliders, they mgiht do something with a dlc pack one day i guess as they added a couple of vehicals a while back.

Aha, ok... I'll have a fiddle about then and see what I can put where.

That's a little bit cheeky I think, there being no planes... it says on the tin you can "run, swim, drive and fly", but you can actually only "run, swim, drive and glide/float/fall slowly"!! :)
  • edited April 2009
    Aha, ok... I'll have a fiddle about then and see what I can put where.

That's a little bit cheeky I think, there being no planes... it says on the tin you can "run, swim, drive and fly", but you can actually only "run, swim, drive and glide/float/fall slowly"!! :)

yeah the glider is a bit of a cop out, shame you can't use weapons from it like an ewoks, and they are lethal as hell, you float around thinking this is great and then you realise you have to land which cna end up killing you.

id love to have seen a giro copter, or a hot air balloon. bike would have been good too, and a tank, oh and a segway. :razz:
  • edited April 2009
    Cuz it's the Spectrum's birthday today I'm spending some time in the company of Speccy games. I've had a few shots of W*H*B and I have an urge to give Lords of Midnight a shot...
  • edited April 2009
    mile wrote: »
    id love to have seen a giro copter, or a hot air balloon. bike would have been good too, and a tank, oh and a segway. :razz:

Yeah, a 'copter of some desription would've been sweet. But it'd be great with planes in it that you could jump out of, like in GTA: San Andreas or Just Cause. But, y'know... can't have it all!! :smile:
  • edited April 2009
    Finished Hokuto No Ken early on this morning so I've decided to give Dragonseeds a go, it's a poor mans Pokemon type game, but I'm strangely enjoying it even though it's a time burgling piece of crap.

The combat it very simple, and it's one of those play stupid mini games to uprade your dragons skill type affairs. Take away the few shops and the menus and there isn't really much of a game there. I think the only reason I'm enjoying it is because it's NOT Pokemon. Plus there's the added bonus of being able to name your dragon whatever you want, so far I have 2, Evil Cunt and Hard Cunt (If I make a third maybe I'll call it Ugly or Dumb).

....also a lot of them don't even look like dragons, my first one looks more like a robot, and my second one looks like a little blue cyclops.

I'll probably stop playing it once my first Dragon dies or gets too old for combat.

There's better games I could waste my time on, but this really does have me hooked for some strange reason.
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • edited April 2009
    Once again sod the above the game is arse, don't play Dragonseeds, I deleted my save as well just so I wouldn't be tempted to go back to it.

Now playing Parappa :lol:

A game which requires no commitment whatsoever :D

Chop Chop Master Onion Punch kick chop jump hoi!
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • edited April 2009
    Zagreb wrote: »
    Cuz it's the Spectrum's birthday today I'm spending some time in the company of Speccy games. I've had a few shots of W*H*B and I have an urge to give Lords of Midnight a shot...

Since I finally figured out the other week how to recruit other lords/warriors, I haven't been able to put LoM down!

I need to figure out how to get Morkin up the left side of the map without him getting killed though!
  • edited April 2009
    I'm playing Banjo Kazooie on Xbox Live Arcade. I havn't played this since I completed the N64 original when it first came out and I'm really enjoying the second play through. Well worth the 1200 points.
  • zx1zx1
    edited April 2009
    Since i've got a touch of a hangover i'm playing Sim City 4. Something that dosent need quick reflexes.
    We must perform a quirkafleeg
  • edited April 2009
    I'm currently getting my butt handed to me on GTA IV on XBox Live... and there I was thinking I was really good at it!! :grin:

Played some Far Cry 2 online yesterday too. Not much other than your straight forward deathmatch, but fun nonetheless.
  • edited April 2009
    I'm currently getting my butt handed to me on GTA IV on XBox Live... and there I was thinking I was really good at it!! :grin:

Played some Far Cry 2 online yesterday too. Not much other than your straight forward deathmatch, but fun nonetheless.

Need to play some more GTA IV online with you at some point. That last game we had was hilarious, I think it was a good 30 mins before the other guys realised that we'd actually been teaming up against them :lol:
  • edited April 2009
    ToxieDogg wrote: »
    Need to play some more GTA IV online with you at some point. That last game we had was hilarious, I think it was a good 30 mins before the other guys realised that we'd actually been teaming up against them :lol:

T'was indeed a good laugh... even with all my accidental bailing out of moving cars!! :-D
  • edited April 2009
    I'm now playing Gauntlet Legends on PS1, don't ask me why as I have really no idea why I got this at all. I thought it was uber-cack when it first came out.

But for some reason I'm enjoying it now, and well into it.

Playing as one of the secret characters which seem really easy to get. It does kinda play like Gauntlet, and the feel is sort of there.

.......but it isn't REALLY Gauntlet :rolleyes:
  • edited April 2009
    Portal. Downloaded that Orange box deal yesterday. Portal is 'ok', but it's getting old and I only finished the 'training' missions...not a good sign.
  • edited April 2009
    I've been a bad boy and pirated a couple of obscure japanese PS1 games in the last few hours. I feel no guilt, as I'd never be able to acquire them commercially anyway.

But I have just played through Samurai Deeper Kyo, a rather nice looking but very simple 1 on 1 fighter, so it's nothing like the topdown slasher for the GBA.

It was fun, but I probably won't play it again, it's too easy, never in years have I picked up a 1 on 1 fighter and finished it on my first go on 1 credit and only losing 2 rounds the whole way through.

Note I buy all the games I know I can get my greedy little mits on (well the ones I really want anyway):D
  • edited April 2009
    I've been playing Halo 3 onlie with one of the girls from work and her husband. They are teaching me how to play before I start playing online properly. I've never been much of a Halo fan and I've always found the games to be massivly over rated, but I can kind of see where people would enjoy the multi player side of things.

I'd like to add that I'm not actully bad at FPS games (I can complete Doom and Duke Nukem 3D on the hardest settings), but I'm rubbish with Halo.

Also playing Out Run 2 on XboxLive and Banjo Kazooie still :D
  • edited April 2009
    I'm playing MADWORLD on the Wii, but it's just gone a bit pear shapped. I don't know if anybody else here has played it, but it's great fun until you get to the castle level. The games then turns into a zombie/werewolves thingy that is not only out of place, but they have introduced a new "grim reaper" enemy that can kill you outright in one hit. To me, it's just sucked all the fun out of it :(

I played through the entire game the other Sunday afternoon. I didn't expect much, but in the end I was quite surprised that I actually enjoyed the game. The biggest surprise to me was that the story line was quite good, and the storytelling execution was excellent, including camera work, cuts, mixing comics-like stills with the rest, etc. - I didn't expect that from a game like this. Unlike NMH, the ending was very satisfying, too - I appreciated that they didn't let anyone make fool of Jack (and me). And once I knew what it was all about, I felt an urge to play through again just to see all the little details in the cutscenes which you aren't supposed to notice the first time around.

OTOH, I don't understand how the in-game camera controls could have passed their QA, especially the camera locking is completely dreadful. IMHO they would score one 1/10 point higher if they had improved that before release.

As for the castle level, for me it was one of the most frustrating parts as well. I have never ever managed to avoid being hit by the Grim Reaper once I was caught by the zombie, no matter how I tried to shake or wave the remote. I found out it's best not to get caught at all in the first place. While skating, though, he's not such a big problem, as one slash with your chainsaw will make him disappear, and it's not an instant KO at that time either. As you say, this is not much fun, but at least the golf minigame kind of compensates for this... :)

Patrik
  • edited April 2009
    Patrik Rak wrote: »
    I played through the entire game the other Sunday afternoon. I didn't expect much, but in the end I was quite surprised that I actually enjoyed the game. The biggest surprise to me was that the story line was quite good, and the storytelling execution was excellent, including camera work, cuts, mixing comics-like stills with the rest, etc. - I didn't expect that from a game like this. Unlike NMH, the ending was very satisfying, too - I appreciated that they didn't let anyone make fool of Jack (and me). And once I knew what it was all about, I felt an urge to play through again just to see all the little details in the cutscenes which you aren't supposed to notice the first time around.

OTOH, I don't understand how the in-game camera controls could have passed their QA, especially the camera locking is completely dreadful. IMHO they would score one 1/10 point higher if they had improved that before release.

As for the castle level, for me it was one of the most frustrating parts as well. I have never ever managed to avoid being hit by the Grim Reaper once I was caught by the zombie, no matter how I tried to shake or wave the remote. I found out it's best not to get caught at all in the first place. While skating, though, he's not such a big problem, as one slash with your chainsaw will make him disappear, and it's not an instant KO at that time either. As you say, this is not much fun, but at least the golf minigame kind of compensates for this... :)

Patrik

Stick with it as the next leve (The Dungeon) is probably my favorite in the game. It's not as nasty as it could have been for a level of it's type, but the eway it makes you expole and open it up bit by bit while still revolving around the centre set-piece is great. On theother had, the game goes down hill after this point. You get another "Road Rash" section and a boss fight on the bike that is actually quite fun, but after that, it goes all "X-Files" with an alien base and UFO's etc. And, that level is bland, with a boss(es) that is cheaper than Seth from Street Fighter IV! It's a shame, as I was really loving this game until this completley shite level :(

The camrea is something that you get used to. I personally have had little bother with it, except on the challenge with the bottles where you have to fire people onto the targets (I've only ever managed 2!) You can lock onto things with the C button, but other that the bosses, it's not really much use.

I played a proper 2 hour session on Halo 3 last night and I had a great time :) I can really see why people rave about it now. There are still bits that I don't really like (most of the weapons are rubbish), but I loved it! Infact, I may even need to have another go tonight :)
  • edited April 2009
    Have we had a few beers tonight?
  • edited April 2009
    Just started a sesh on Tony Hawk 3, it's been years since I've played 1 or 2, and maybe even longer since I've played 3.

I think I got sick of it tbh, but It's been quite fun so far today :D
  • edited April 2009
    I found THPS3 to be one of the best Tony games on the PS2, the PS1 version isn't as good - too many empty areas. Although Underground 1 and 2 are good aswell.

Steer clear of Project 8 on the PS2 though - it's garbage.

I've just finished RE2's LeonA scenario with a B ranking. Which is a bast 'cuz I finished it in about 1 hour 40. I was hoping for at least an A.

I'm trying to get Tofu unlocked and you need to finish the game 6 times in a row (LeonA/ClaireB/LeonA/ClaireB/LeonA/ClaireB or ClaireA/LeonB/ClaireA/LeonB/ClaireA/LeonB) using the same save slot, with an A on all of them. Just finished the 2nd time with Leon so I might have to start again!

Gonna take bloody ages!
    Oh, no. Every time you turn up something monumental and terrible happens.
    I don’t think I have the stomach for it.
    --Raziel (Legend of Kain: Soul Reaver 2)

https://www.youtube.com/user/VincentTSFP
  • edited April 2009
    VincentAC wrote: »
    I found THPS3 to be one of the best Tony games on the PS2, the PS1 version isn't as good - too many empty areas. Although Underground 1 and 2 are good aswell.

Steer clear of Project 8 on the PS2 though - it's garbage.

I've just finished RE2's LeonA scenario with a B ranking. Which is a bast 'cuz I finished it in about 1 hour 40. I was hoping for at least an A.

I'm trying to get Tofu unlocked and you need to finish the game 6 times in a row (LeonA/ClaireB/LeonA/ClaireB/LeonA/ClaireB or ClaireA/LeonB/ClaireA/LeonB/ClaireA/LeonB) using the same save slot, with an A on all of them. Just finished the 2nd time with Leon so I might have to start again!

Gonna take bloody ages!

Just don't use any of the big weapons in the box or any first aid sprays. If you use first aid sprays it takes 1 rank from you, and then it takes a rank away for every special weapon you take out the box.

I assume you probably already knew this though?

So I can't imagine why it would give such a low rank with such a high speed, you should be getting the S rank with a time like that?
  • edited April 2009
    I think I only used one spray. Bloody lickers (the later ones in the factory). I didn't even use the Rocket Launcher or the Gattling Gun. And I only saved it once (in the first save room in the factory where Sherry/Ada rest on the bed).

I did pick up the RL/GG from the box to move them out of the way - doing that saves time using the box overall. That's possibly the reason for it, but I didn't even leave the box screen. I knew using them decreases the rank, but maybe just moving them to your inventory decreases the rank. That does make sense as I got two ranks below the S. Bit of a bitch though.

I'll be starting it again this week so I'll check that theory out. But because I did it under the 2 hours I think I'll have enough time to fuck about in the box :-D

I might even change to ClaireA/LeonB instead. ClaireB is really annoying with both Birkin AND Mr X after her while LeonA doesn't really have anyone chasing him. ClaireA only has Birkin while LeonB only has Mr X which makes them both easier overall.

I can't get ClaireB under the 2 hours so changing is sounding better already.

• edited April 2009
    I played through them a couple of years ago and got everything, I still have Hunk and Tofu saved on my memory card. But the saves are pretty useless as I can't play the game on a US TV. It loads, but due to the signal differences (I'm sure this'll be about the 17th time I've mentioned this), it doesn't display right.
  • edited May 2009
    Well I've been playing Gauntlet Leg Ends again today whilst awaiting my ropey copy of SIlent Hill 2 for the PC. I've got sick of trying to find a legit copy for my PS2 and have resorted to desperate measures.

By which I mean raping the darker side of t'internet for all it can give me :D

Gauntlet Legends is coming along nicely, I don't know why I hated it so much when I first played it all them years ago, it's really not that bad at all. Picked it up again after getting really annoyed with it about 3 or 4 days ago, I was so drunk I couldn't tell where the walls were and kept running round in circles for about half an hour got sweary and switched my PS1 off.

Haven't played any console games for about 3 or 4 days on an actual console, although I did have a blast on the Megadrive version of Shadow Dancer a couple of days ago, it was fun, but still like I've said a million times before it's just NOT Shadow Dancer.
  • edited May 2009
    I've been playing the original Perfect Dark on the N64 all week....

I forgot what a brilliant game it really is! Way better than the 360 update...I hope the rumours about it appearing on LIVE Arcade are true! It'd be awesome with an online multiplayer....
  • edited May 2009
    I'm about to start playing SIlent Hill 2, I checked it out quickly yesterday, not sure I like the look of it here on the PC. Looks too sharp, too clean, not grainy and dirty looking like the PS2 version.

Anyway now I have this I can buy 3 and 4 for my PS2, the only reason I didn't was cos' I couldn't find a copy of 2 for under $30 which I wasn't willing to pay for a game that's coming close to 10 years old, especially since the latest installment in the series is cheaper than it brand new.

Gonna give it a bash though, can't be arsed to play through the 1st one of my Greystation anymore :D

Too busy playing 2 games that I don't need to keep playing, and that's how I like it, 2 games I can go back to without having to re-accustom myself to controls or remember story lines. Or re-familiarise myself with locations or maps.
  • edited May 2009
    I'm about to start playing SIlent Hill 2, I checked it out quickly yesterday, not sure I like the look of it here on the PC. Looks too sharp, too clean, not grainy and dirty looking like the PS2 version.
    I remember there being a "noise" setting in SH3. Maybe there's one in SH2?
    Anyway now I have this I can buy 3 and 4 for my PS2, the only reason I didn't was cos' I couldn't find a copy of 2 for under $30 which I wasn't willing to pay for a game that's coming close to 10 years old, especially since the latest installment in the series is cheaper than it brand new.

You don't really need to play SH2 before playing SH3. SH2 is an unconnected story with the classic SH elements (think SH on a different day with different visitors). SH3 is a direct sequel to SH1.

SH4 has elements from SH2 and possibly SH3, but it's not important to play any of the SH games before playing SH4.

Everybody raved about how great SH2 was (and most still do), but personally I think SH3 was better. It's a proper sequel and has a better representation of the dark world than SH2 imho.

SH2 isn't bad, just not as good as the others. With the possible exception of SH4. That had some great story ideas and creatures, but was badly implemented.

• edited May 2009
    I've just brough Dead Space for the 360 (£14.99 in HMV), so I'll be playing that later.

I've also almost finished Banjo-Kazooie. I've really enjoyed playing through this game again. I'm one of those people who have real dificulty playing a game for a second time as I find going over old ground to be rather boring, but I've really enjoyed this (even if I did managed to miss put an entire level for most of the game (Clankers Cavern. I don't even remember opening it!). I've also got almost all the Stop N' Swop items too. Only the yellow egg and Ice Key to collect (I can't find the Ice Key this thime around though).

I downloaded Banjo-Tooie last night and started to play through that one again. I'm actually amazed at how little I remember about this one compared with the first game. I remembered almost all of Kazooie, but this one? I remember bits and pieces as I come to them (the train, how the levels interlock etc), butoverall, I remember very little. Still, I'm enjoing this again (I think :lol: ) and it looks like they have included the Stop N' Swop as it was intended (I found a Banjo-Kazooie cartridge last night and that had a yellow egg inside, but as I've not collected the yellow egg in Banjo-Kazooie yet, nothing really happened!). A few more hours and I'll know more I think :D