Maze Mania - How did they do it?

2»

Comments

• edited May 2009
    FFS, miserable old fart talking crap. No time for dicks. On the ignore list.
  • edited May 2009
    I'm sure Rob didn't expect the Spanish inquisition!

Rob? Hope you've gleaned something useful from this thread, best of luck with the code.
  • edited May 2009
    bobs wrote: »
    I'm sure Rob didn't expect the Spanish inquisition!

Rob? Hope you've gleaned something useful from this thread, best of luck with the code.

I didn't know Spectrum Programming could be so controversal :D

Thanks again everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, really useful. I especially like Woody's 128k Page Flip fast draw of pre-shifted graphics. :lol:

Great effect, and has given me ideas for a 128k version of a similar game!

Many thanks again

Keep on coding!
  • edited May 2009
    joefish wrote: »
    But do you really need anyone being grossly offended on your behalf and leaping to your defence with a personal attack on me? What is this, the letters page of the Daily Mail?
    I don't think Woody needs anybody leaping to his defence, he's quite capable of slapping down anyone who needs it and has a proven track record.

I think the problem here is people scanning posts rather than reading them, I've been guilty of it myself in the past.

For the record I've called Woody a twat many times in the past but all he does is mention Spuds shortcomings. Bast...
    I wanna tell you a story 'bout a woman I know...
  • edited May 2009
    Source code and "TAP" image can be downloadeded here:

http://www.peargames.co.uk/downloads/draw05.zip

draw05.png

Use QAOP to move around the map.

This demo implements the following:

1. Draw TILES to backbuffer
    2. Copy backbuffer to display
    3. Allow movement and correct positioning of map

I have opted for 24 by 16 chars for the map, allowing room for the HUD etc.
  • edited May 2009
    Pretty slick - are you going to add colours or are you sticking with monochrome?
    Joefish
    - IONIAN-GAMES.com -
  • edited May 2009
    joefish wrote: »
    Pretty slick - are you going to add colours or are you sticking with monochrome?

Yes, that's the next step.

This demo does a simple backbuffer to display copy in the same display structure as the spectrum display layoput.

I am going to convert this to the new improved way suggested where one line follows on from the other and then copy the rows accross to the Spectrum Display.

I should then be able to get 32 Columns, so will see how it runns at 32 by 16, should give a good widescreen type effect.