ZX Shed Reloaded - Issue One

edited May 2015 in ZX Shed
Well, the rumors are true. ZX Shed is back and hopefully this time round things will be different.

Lots to say and lots of people to thank, but I'm pooped, that will come later.

For the time being you can get it issue one here

ftp://ftp.worldofspectrum.org/pub/sinclair/magazines/ZXShed/ZXShedReloadedIssue01.pdf

We'll sort something better out soon.

hope you like it :)

Team Shed
Post edited by Lee Fogarty on

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Woo! just finished reading it. My only criticism would be that there are a lot of niggly errors that have slipped through the proofreading, but I can't fault the content.
    I'd better get my write-up of my Flash rom adapter thing for the +3 finished and submit that for inclusion :)
    My rubbish website including the redrawn Amstrad schematics and the new home of the Sinclair FAQ wiki.
  • edited July 2009
    Nice! It looks very good, just downloaded it.
  • edited July 2009
    Ooh, theres a surprise...
    I wanna tell you a story 'bout a woman I know...
  • edited July 2009
    guesser wrote: »
    Woo! just finished reading it. My only criticism would be that there are a lot of niggly errors that have slipped through the proofreading, but I can't fault the content.
    I'd better get my write-up of my Flash rom adapter thing for the +3 finished and submit that for inclusion :)

Ah, its the niggles that give it its charm....

and yes please :D
  • edited July 2009
    It looks fantastic :D

Excellent work, guys.
  • edited July 2009
    Gonna download this now woohoo!

It's only been about 4 years ;)

:p
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • edited July 2009
    Congratulations. Something more to read this summer.
  • edited July 2009
    hooray!
  • edited July 2009
    Yum Yum Yum Yum :)
  • edited July 2009
    I printed my copy last night and it has been a great read so far. Thanks!
  • edited July 2009
    well done guys. :)
  • jpjp
    edited July 2009
    ZX Beccy wrote: »
    ...For the time being you can get it issue one here

http://www.slingfile.com/file/y7puG8FumS

We'll sort something better out soon...

Meh, I can't download it - I get some daft [Adobe] flash "pop in" that obscures the download link... grumble, moan, blergh. Can you have a quiet word with Martjin, please? Ta!
  • edited July 2009
    jp wrote: »
    Meh, I can't download it - I get some daft [Adobe] flash "pop in" that obscures the download link... grumble, moan, blergh. Can you have a quiet word with Martjin, please? Ta!

working on a better solution right now :)
  • edited July 2009
    Hot splashes of pleasure!
  • edited July 2009
    Just downloaded it, nice work. Love the article about 'forgotton games' , thats what i really like reading about, so many Speccy games out there i still probably havent tried
  • edited July 2009
    MrCheese wrote: »
    Hot splashes of pleasure!
    Erm... I don't think that was our intention...
  • edited July 2009
    It's a beltin' read.

Thumbs up from me. :)
  • edited July 2009
    It's great to see it again.

Nice reading and very professional outlook.

I hope it will be continued.
  • edited July 2009
    Brillant! An enjoyable read and very colourful in it's presentation. I just hope it doesn't go the same way as ZXF, another great mag (although that one was funded by paypal donations, but later folded) :-(

Keep up the good work! I'm going to finish the rest of my reading of issue 1 this evening with a nice pint of beer :-)

Does anybody know any PDF printing software that will print the pages in such a way that I can fold and staple the magazine together like a real paper magazine? I remember when ZXF magazine was released, the author said you could print his magazine as a booklet with Adobe Reader, but I can't remember for the life of me how to print it like that so I can staple it together as a booklet. Any help appreciated.
  • edited July 2009
    Excellent read!
  • edited July 2009
    Hercules wrote: »
    Brillant! An enjoyable read and very colourful in it's presentation. I just hope it doesn't go the same way as ZXF, another great mag (although that one was funded by paypal donations, but later folded) :-(
    I doubt it cos no-one pays me...
  • edited July 2009
    I read it yesterday and I liked it, most of things are quite interesting, although I miss more reviews, since the last shed and this one have passed many many games that deserved to be reviewed.

Congrats for the nice work!
  • edited July 2009
    Ivanzx wrote: »
    I read it yesterday and I liked it, most of things are quite interesting, although I miss more reviews, since the last shed and this one have passed many many games that deserved to be reviewed.

Congrats for the nice work!

Review some & send them in!

New or old - all reviews welcomed :)
    My test signature
  • edited July 2009
    I may do a write-up of RetroEuskal for the next one if you like, and a Spectranet article :-)
    This is contingent on me getting enough time (which should hopefully happen after RetroEuskal)
  • edited July 2009
    Winston wrote: »
    I may do a write-up of RetroEuskal for the next one if you like, and a Spectranet article :-)
    This is contingent on me getting enough time (which should hopefully happen after RetroEuskal)

Yes please!!!! :D
  • edited July 2009
    I've finally just read the interview with Lee in this months RetroGamer, brilliant article and a fine advertisement for ZX Shed.

Hopefully it'll encourage people to produce version for the other 8 bit variants.
  • edited July 2009
    karingal wrote: »
    I've finally just read the interview with Lee in this months RetroGamer, brilliant article and a fine advertisement for ZX Shed.

Hopefully it'll encourage people to produce version for the other 8 bit variants.

OR contribute to the Shed....
  • edited July 2009
    ZX Beccy wrote: »
    OR contribute to the Shed....
    Natch...
  • edited July 2009
    Hercules wrote: »

Keep up the good work! I'm going to finish the rest of my reading of issue 1 this evening with a nice pint of beer :-)

Does anybody know any PDF printing software that will print the pages in such a way that I can fold and staple the magazine together like a real paper magazine? I remember when ZXF magazine was released, the author said you could print his magazine as a booklet with Adobe Reader, but I can't remember for the life of me how to print it like that so I can staple it together as a booklet. Any help appreciated.

I'm working on a printer friendly file at the mo so people can cut'n'paste themselves... or you can fork out about a fiver for the printed version when it gets uploaded to Lulu.

eithers good :)
  • edited July 2009
    and for those who were having a hard time downloading it, its now in the WOS archive! WOOHOO!!!! Cheers Marjin!!!!

ftp://ftp.worldofspectrum.org/pub/sinclair/magazines/ZXShed/ZXShedReloadedIssue01.pdf