What's on your saucer?

Comments

• HMMMMMMM steamed chicken embryo NIIICCCCEE! :D
  • And that's why zx1 goes to Iceland! :))
    We must perform a quirkafleeg
  • I remember when Iceland did their Chinese menu years ago, the black bean chicken wasn’t bad. Problem is most of the other things that you could buy to go with it were.
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • Actually the reason i go to Iceland there is a beautiful Goth girl there that i fancy, she is so beautiful :D
  • If you've not tried it then give Iceland's frozen mashed potato a go (quid per bag). I thought it would be like the sickening Smash stuff we used to get with school dinners but it's not. In fact it's one of the nicest mashed potatoes I've ever had. I got put onto this by a chef who worked at a pub.

They also do Dusted Basa fillets - one a salt and pepper the other garlic and herb. They are incredibly good. Basa is now my favourite fish and I buy it fresh at least once a week along with the Iceland version.
  • Yep - i've had the mash and it is nice and the basa fillets are really nice, my fave is the garlic and herb ones. I was annoyed when i went last weekend and the girl wasn't there.
    In fact, i might get mash and fish for tea!
  • zx1 wrote: »
    Yep - i've had the mash and it is nice and the basa fillets are really nice, my fave is the garlic and herb ones. I was annoyed when i went last weekend and the girl wasn't there.
    In fact, i might get mash and fish for tea!

A man of good taste. I also had a thing about goths :-). Back in the late 80s I had a girlfriend for a brief time who was basically a 16 yr old version of Elvira. God she was hot!
  • Yeah Goth girls are beautiful, i think so anyway.
  • I just made a Brie and king prawn sandwich in a nice squishy brown roll. Then I ate two wicked red bird's-eye chilis and am now drowning the burn in cheap cider. Well that's my excuse.
  • Won't that make it worse? Best to have milk.
  • Vampyre wrote: »
    If you've not tried it then give Iceland's frozen mashed potato a go (quid per bag). I thought it would be like the sickening Smash stuff we used to get with school dinners but it's not. In fact it's one of the nicest mashed potatoes I've ever had. I got put onto this by a chef who worked at a pub.

They also do Dusted Basa fillets - one a salt and pepper the other garlic and herb. They are incredibly good. Basa is now my favourite fish and I buy it fresh at least once a week along with the Iceland version.

Much safer, at least you do not have to add your own water o0.

Calling all ASCII Art Architects Visit the WOS Wall of Text and contribute: https://www.yourworldoftext.com/wos
  • I bet they cover the basa in herbs because most catfish literally tastes like soil/earth.
  • equinox wrote: »
    I bet they cover the basa in herbs because most catfish literally tastes like soil/earth.

Have the same feeling towards prawns that you enjoy :-) The taste takes over everything they're added to, with the taste being much like the smell of two-day unwashed crotch.
  • edited June 12
    https://imgur.com/a/EWbRtDL

Here's a spicy chicken pizza I made the other night, meant to post it at the time, but I ate it all and passed out from too much food and booze :))

Was gonna make a curry tonight because I'm off work tomorrow, but the lamb I was going to use is still rock hard frozen, and I'm really tired from work today. Gonna make some onion bhaji's tonight I think, and I'll make the actual curry tomorrow. Found my little deep fat fryer, but now I have to try to remember how I made my Bhaji in the past? I used one recipe for years then found an egg free recipe that was a load better, but can't remember who it was by, or how to do it......Will search around.....

As for the curry I have 2lbs of ground lamb, and it's going to be Keema Matar….I put my own spin on it years ago, as I like it quite hot, but I'll post the link to the vid that got me going on this curry years ago again. Always liked Keema curry from the take away, but I think Chef Harpal Singh's recipe is better. I've posted his channel before (and this vid), this guy is one of my fave curry chefs...Funnily enough his actual channel which this vid isn't on, he also cooks Western dishes, and puts a nice spin on them.

Anyway once again Chef Harpal Singhs original Keema Matar vid (He's posted the recipe again on his channel, but he does it differently, and I prefer this one).

It's really good! :D
    Post edited by dm_boozefreek on
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • Well I'm gonna do the Bhaji.....Because I can, not sure it's the same recipe I used, but I'd rather do it egg free, because the egg free ones I made last time were better than the ones I made with eggs years ago. Not some food nutter, not particularly morally steered, but hey if I can make something tasty that people who don't eat certain things can enjoy, that's not a bad thing.

Not sure I could ever cut out meat, but I can certainly cut out dairy, I generally hate the stuff, apart from ice cream which is a luxury, not a necessity....but I don't like milk, I don't like eggs, and I certainly don't like a lot of the crap that uses them...mayonnaise for one....Ergh! Vile stuff.....
  • Oh for f*cks sake!

I was listening to tunes whilst cooking....In a vague attempt to stop a song I don't like from playing I somehow managed to sling the Bhaji mix all over the kitchen floor!!! X(

FUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna have about 6 bhajis from hours of kitchen sh*t!!!
  • Bhaji snorting !!!
    So far, so meh :)
  • It's been over 2 months ... so time for me to make burgers again ;))

Well, Burger King is trying to get a piece of the market for "gourmet burgers" in Denmark and Sweden, so they've come up with their "World Gourmet" line of burgers. I had one of the two available versions last week and I was quite disappointed. Not as good as one could hope for at the price ... but maybe I was just naive and hoped for too much from Burger King ;)

Anyway, to compensate for that useless and expensive experience, I decided to make burgers again - for dinner yesterday and another one for lunch today. They weren't supposed to be like the BK ones. Just good burgers.

They were mostly what I usually do - my "standard burger" you could say.

I did do a few things slightly different though. I skipped the lettuce and the tomatoes, but replaced them with a thick slice of onion for that crunch and barbecue sauce instead of the tomatoes. And a bit more cheese than usual (cheddar & american), but other than that pretty normal.

Dinner, Sunday;
    WXbV6PV.jpg

Lunch, Monday;
    sytM9Ku.jpg

Now I'm good for a little while =P~
    Website: Tardis Remakes / Mostly remakes of Arcade and ZX Spectrum games.
    My games for the Spectrum: Dingo, The Speccies, The Speccies 2, Vallation, SQIJ.
    Twitter: Sokurah
  • Next time you are in the UK, I want you to make my burgers, lmao !!
  • Will you kill him afterwards? :D
  • zx1 wrote: »
    Will you kill him afterwards? :D
    Who should kill who? :-?
    ... just saying, that turned into burgers, @polomint could feed a whole group of people ;) :))
    My games for the Spectrum: Dingo, The Speccies, The Speccies 2, Vallation, SQIJ.
  • :)) :))
  • Multiple groups :p :)
  • polomint wrote: »
    Multiple groups :p :)
    Yeah, but unfortunately burgers are normally made from beef - not pig :))
  • edited July 7
    I thought ham-bergers are made from ham and beef-bergers made from beef. I was wrong.
    Post edited by Scottie_uk on
    Calling all ASCII Art Architects Visit the WOS Wall of Text and contribute: https://www.yourworldoftext.com/wos
  • I have dusted of ye olde electric sandwich toaster (rare in the USA). Baked bean and onion toasties. Mmmmm.
    https://i.imgur.com/1tV306S.jpg

I like mine crispy around the edges:
    https://i.imgur.com/tgEGtSV.jpg
  • I prefer a cheese and onion toastie - or cheese and tomato one but my toastie machine broke last year.
  • For some reason when the 2nd toastie picture was loading the image down..slowly in this case. I thought it were fried bats for a split second. On this thread anything is possible.

I love a toastie...but I can seldom be bothered with the mess. Cheese and onion please!
    On those afternoons in utopia..
  • Gotta have me some Poloburger :)
  • One of my US friends (in Arkansas) sent me a pic of their breakfast, i wasn't quite sure what to make of it

dTu4pos.jpg