Image to ZX Spec 1.0.4 Released

edited July 2009 in Announcements
Image to ZX Spec 1.0.4 has been released and finally has Ordered Dithers.

You can get it at the usual place:
http://silentdevelopment.blogspot.com/2009/07/image-to-zx-spec-104-released.html

or hopefully on WOS pretty soon (1.0 was the last version hosted on WOS)

or try it online

Obligatory shot:

mjwoo.png

I know I've only just released 1.0.3 a week or so ago but Ordered Dithering is a significant milestone, plus for the moment I'm a bit burnt out on Image to ZX Spec so there may not be an update for a while.
Post edited by brownb2 on

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Fantastic work!

I been following the releases closely, and been having great fun converting my favourite pics. I just downloaded this release too. Thank you once again for your hard work you put into this, it's one of the best image convertors for the Speccy!
  • edited July 2009
    Hercules wrote: »
    Fantastic work!

I been following the releases closely, and been having great fun converting my favourite pics. I just downloaded this release too. Thank you once again for your hard work you put into this, it's one of the best image convertors for the Speccy!

I'll be off to Asda tomorrow with a retro BTTF print modified with Image to ZX Spec 1.0.4 - I just need to get a high def photo I can use so I can (possibly) get it done on canvas. I don't know whether to choose an original BTTF publicity poster (e.g. possibly like one on here - "roads" or "synchronize your watches"):
    http://www.eatbrie.com/BTTF.htm

or from the BTTF2 computer game:
    ftp://ftp.worldofspectrum.org/pub/sinclair/games-adverts/b/BackToTheFuturePartII.jpg

Anyhow I'll post actual photos of the end result if I get it done!
  • edited July 2009
    'Syncronise Your Watches' poster would look cool :-)

What canvas size you having it printed on?
  • edited July 2009
    Hercules wrote: »
    'Syncronise Your Watches' poster would look cool :-)

What canvas size you having it printed on?

I went for the old BTTF 2 game poster - I got it done as a 15x10 poster print before deciding to get it as something larger (I want 25x30) and I'm sorry to say it didn't turn out too well. It seems that the photo printing machines blur sharpness and the Speccy effect doesn't look very clear. I would say that if you go to poster print the poorer the conversion, the better the effect. I chose a "Low Error Atkinson" dither (the one I'd devised) which was quite nice on screen, but something like the original Atkinson or even Floyd-Steinberg might have been better (I deliberately didn't use ordered dithers since the effect didn't really stand out and looks like a newspaper!).