Now seems to be a good time to add to your collections

Comments

• edited July 2009
    I'm pretty cautious when it comes to buying something which hasn't been tested in ages. I note the seller writes:-

"It has not been tested since the late 80`s so sold as faulty/repairs as i now have no way of testing it due to my CRT Tv going up in smoke".

Just hope it works when it arrives, because if it doesn't, you won't have a leg to stand on.
  • edited July 2009
    Yeah i know it won't work but i was mainly after the packaging which from the pics is in mint condition, i have a spare +2 waiting to be put into the box, then i will have to get them all photographed and make a book of all the different spectrums that were made :)
  • edited July 2009
    Actually something happened on Ebay that has never happened to me before, the person who posted the spectrum in the first link to me refunded me ?4.00 because the postage wasn't as much as he thought when he put up the listing :)
  • edited July 2009
    swordheart wrote: »
    Actually something happened on Ebay that has never happened to me before, the person who posted the spectrum in the first link to me refunded me ?4.00 because the postage wasn't as much as he thought when he put up the listing :)

Some people are honest. It tends to be dishonest people who make the news, so we hear disproportionately more about the bad people than the good.
  • edited July 2009
    When using mailorder companies, I used to pay about ?5-7 for my second-hand Speccy games in 1993ish Now look at the price of 'em, even some 'propper rare' or MIA titles can now be picked up for a coup'la quid. Okay, so it doesn't beat the ?1.00 for a box of Fifty games at the old carboot sales, but it's still bargain-o-rama. It aint gonna last is it. :(
  • edited July 2009
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360168584057&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp284.m38.l1313%26_nkw%3D360168584057%2B%2B%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Can u tell me what u think of the speccy in the link, i won it thinking it was a grey rubber keymat speccy with hopefully a issue 1 board, when i recieved it it turns out to be a bog standard blue rubber keymat issue 6a board, do you think i would be within my rights to ask for money back ?
  • edited July 2009
    Hell no. You got exactly what was advertised, and there was no attempt to mislead you.
  • edited July 2009
    Hell yes, destroy him utterly! :D

(Not really)
  • edited July 2009
    you're fully NOT entitled to get any money back on that 48k,
    it's fully as described

Congrats to the seller however for using a brightness enhanced / contrast reduced image to give the impression of different keyboard matt colouring, his other photos all seem ok enough :-P

Still, you got it for a good price if you can repair it!