What will you be buying yourself for Christmas?

edited November 2009 in Chit chat
Every christmas I treat myself to a new fangled gadget, what will you lot be buying yourselves thris christmas?

I been looking at buying one of these:

It's the infamous 'Levitron' spinning top that spins in mid air... Their is a magnet in the base and in the spinning top. The spinning top is suspended by a magnetic field.

With the add on Perpetuator unit that replaces the existing base magnet, it will spin in mid air for days. It's quite mesmerising.

Maybe soon we'll see this technology used in "real" man-made flying saucers, if it hasn't been done already.
Post edited by Hercules on

Comments

• edited October 2009
    nice...I suppose if you put it in front an open window you could achieve a slightly tacky "UFO" type special effect if you filmed it.
  • edited October 2009
    24 Chickens and 2 new Llamas. Well you did ask!
  • edited October 2009
    Steve(spt) wrote: »

Jaysus! How many people are you having round on Christmas Day??
  • edited October 2009
    I'd like one of those remote control indoor helicopters, then ones that have extra gadgetwizarypokery to make them stable, and are not very fragile, but are truly remote control, and not stuck on the end of a pole going round and round a table like in the memory lane thread.
  • edited October 2009
    thx1138 wrote: »
    I'd like one of those remote control indoor helicopters, then ones that have extra gadgetwizarypokery to make them stable, and are not very fragile, but are truly remote control, and not stuck on the end of a pole going round and round a table like in the memory lane thread.

They great fun. Bought one last christmas. On boxing day we would have a competition to see who could fly it in the air the longest, although it drove the rest of the family bonkers :-D
  • edited October 2009
    Steve(spt) wrote: »

That settled then... the whole of the wos members will be over your gaff on christmas day. I hope you got a large oven :-D
  • edited October 2009
    Two tangerines, a handful of nuts, and an apple...
    So far, so meh :)
  • edited October 2009
    Hmmm I don't usually buy owt for myself (not a lot for others either I might add) but I may treat myself to a new laptop. I'd like a 17 inch screen, at least 4 gig ram, about a 500G hard disc, as light as a feather, buit in bluetooth and good webcam, super speakers with a Vaio quality keyboard. My budget is ?100. Tut... maybe Christmas 2015
  • edited October 2009
    I'd like a compact, tough netbook that I can take on my motorbike.
  • edited October 2009
    This.

NewSuperMarioBrosWiiBoxart.jpg

I can't wait. :)
  • edited October 2009
    thx1138 wrote: »
    I'd like a compact, tough netbook that I can take on my motorbike.

Get one of these: -

vektar10bf4f0e4xh6.jpg

I read somewhere that there is a computer built in...

:smile:
  • edited October 2009
    I remember in one of the old Speccy mags (not sure if it were ys or su) in which their was a competition to win one of those very bikes... Bet their worth a mint now !
  • edited October 2009
    What - nobody thought about one of these?

divide_plus4_medium.jpg

Keep your eye on: http://www.rwapsoftware.co.uk/spectrum/spectrum_storage.html - they will be available soon!!
    Supporting Sinclairs since 1986 !

www.rwapsoftware.co.uk
    www.sellmyretro.com
  • edited October 2009
    I was just about to put that!!!

Mind you I'd like one for my 40th (Monday 19th October please)

stupid question coming next

they'll do work on all spectrums 48k thru to +3's?
  • edited October 2009
    Never buy myself anything at Xmas ! No point spending the money on myself, just get someone else to buy it for me !
  • edited October 2009
    rwap wrote: »
    What - nobody thought about one of these?

divide_plus4_medium.jpg

Keep your eye on: http://www.rwapsoftware.co.uk/spectrum/spectrum_storage.html - they will be available soon!!

I 100% want one of those ! After seeing Mr Cheese demo his at the retro show a few weeks ago i so badly want one !!!

Please let me know when you have them ! Without being technical, i just want the one with the button to load up another game which takes CF cards which plugs into the back of my Speccy +, presume thats the 'norm' ?

Please let me know or PM me once you get them !
  • edited October 2009
    Divide plus available christmas 2025!
  • edited October 2009
    1980-20.. wrote: »

...with free copy of Saucer...

*runs and hides*

:lol:
  • edited October 2009
    I thought I'd get myself a wireless access point for Christmas, but then saw that prices had dropped a lot since I last looked at them, so just ordered one for a pittance.

Might get myself something foody...
  • edited October 2009
    NickH wrote: »

Might get myself something foody...

cous cous is nice.

i don't usually buy stuff for myself, as i not that self centred to give myself a gift, usually just give myself a pat on the pat for another good year. :-P
  • edited October 2009
    The water margin box set ( 13 discs )

Monkey box set ( 13 discs )

X-Files box set ( 60 discs )

And a bottle of Taylors vintage 1982 ( crusted port )

That should add up to a Good Christmas !
  • edited October 2009
    psj3809 wrote: »
    Never buy myself anything at Xmas ! No point spending the money on myself, just get someone else to buy it for me !
    That would only work for me IF I was intending to buy myself a 'nice' sweater, or some socks... :sad:
  • edited October 2009
    Strictly speaking I don't buy myself an xmas present, though I usually get cash off my father-in-law for xmas :)

So either

a shiny new geforce graphics card to replace the 8800GTX

or

a cheap HD telly for the gaming/home cinema room for when i don't want to fire up the projector

or

eSATA enclosure with a couple of 1.5TB HDDs in it
  • edited October 2009
    BiNMaN wrote: »

Fek, thats my birthday as well. Not as old as you mind hehe :razz:
  • edited October 2009
    Dingbat wrote: »
    The water margin box set ( 13 discs )

Monkey box set ( 13 discs )

X-Files box set ( 60 discs )

And a bottle of Taylors vintage 1982 ( crusted port )

That should add up to a Good Christmas !

Christ ! With 86 discs to go through that'll keep you busy for agessssssss ! Just dont watch too many at once ! I was working in France for a week, totally bored at night so i watched a whole season of 24 in the week, 5 episodes a night. Felt like a CTU agent after watching all those !

Bit of a hint there ! ;) Be nice if on someones birthday they released their new game ! ;)
  • edited October 2009
    psj3809 wrote: »
    Felt like a CTU agent after watching all those !
    Did you end up running around Paris shouting "Dammit! We're running out of time!" at everyone you met? ;)
  • edited October 2009
    Necros wrote: »
    Did you end up running around Paris shouting "Dammit! We're running out of time!" at everyone you met? ;)

Ha ha no but i kept thinking i could hear the CTU telephone ring/call all the time. Honestly 24 episodes in the space of 5 nights turns you crazy !
  • edited October 2009
    Yes I know what you mean, I have been watching boxsets back to back for ages now and I am not off duty till 9pm and I can only realisticly watch till about 12pm. They are my three hours a day off, not including 7 hours sleep. I work from home, so at least no travel time. I have recently gone through the entire series of lost, including home record of series 5, Alias 5 series, Futurama 4 series, Adam Adamant 5 disc set, Deep space 9 entire series, Voyager entire series, Next generation entire series, Buffy entire series, Xena complete series, The Prisoner complete series, only Dangerman and Charlie and Lola lunchbox set left to go !
  • edited October 2009

There may be some in time for 19th October (fingers crossed) - I have some back orders to complete as well.
    They work on all Spectrum's except for the Portuguese +2 - there is a jumper inside you need to move to enable them to work with +2A/+2B and +3 but we will not be sealing the cases on these

Rich

www.rwapsoftware.co.uk
    www.sellmyretro.com
  • edited October 2009
    1980-20.. wrote: »

For a long time it looked that way, but Christmas 2010 looks a distinct possibility - 100 expected this month!!

www.rwapsoftware.co.uk
    www.sellmyretro.com