What will you be buying yourself for Christmas?

Comments

• edited October 2009
    Under the Dome by Stephen King.
  • edited October 2009
    Nothing. I took my wheels to get the 6000 mile rotation and ended up needing a new set of tires for $650. No Christmas this year! (I guess the tires are my early Christmas present...woohoo.)
  • edited October 2009
    merseymal wrote: »
    a shiny new geforce graphics card to replace the 8800GTX

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/160748

I bought myself one of these suckers last week. It replaced a Geforce 8600 and has now gotta last me at least 4 years :-( I was gonna get a gaming laptop until I realised a top-end one would cost over ?1500!!

This card is sh!t hot though. My native resolution is 1360x768 (HD LCD) and everything runs with details turned up full (my cpu isn't that great, a 3800 X2 with 4Gb RAM) without a hint of slowdown. Not tried Crysis through DX10 on Very High yet, waiting for Windows 7 to arrive later in the month - no way am I reinstalling Vista.
  • edited October 2009
    i'm leaning towards a GTX 275 based one

mine has a Q6600 G0 overclocked to 3.2GHz and i'm running at 1680x1050 with nVidia 3D Vision which means that it needs to render two views at slightly different angles to work with the shutter lenses

windows 7 pro will be going on it soon too :)
  • edited October 2009
    I think I'll drop some hints at the missus to ship me a case of Iron-Bru over, and maybe a case of pickled onion Monster Munch, it's been almost 3 years since I had some of those. I need some more brown sauce too, I don't know how much longer my bottle of Goodalls will hold out?

I wonder how much it would cost to get a slab of Magners shipped here?
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • edited October 2009
    I think I'll drop some hints at the missus to ship me a case of Iron-Bru over, and maybe a case of pickled onion Monster Munch, it's been almost 3 years since I had some of those. I need some more brown sauce too, I don't know how much longer my bottle of Goodalls will hold out?

I wonder how much it would cost to get a slab of Magners shipped here?

Is there a 'Fiesta' store near you? They have an international isle and have all the British goodies, Irn Bru, HP sauce, Bisto etc. If not how about a 'World Market'..they sell a lot of the stuff too...pricey but cheaper than shipping.
  • edited October 2009
    Don't think this lot will last till Xmas...

toffee.jpg
  • edited October 2009
    I love the Reese range - why did it take so long for this country to catch on to putting peanut butter into their chocolates?
  • edited October 2009
    NickH wrote: »
    I love the Reese range - why did it take so long for this country to catch on to putting peanut butter into their chocolates?

Doesn't ex-president Carter's family own the peanut?
  • edited October 2009
    foul things
  • edited October 2009
    foul things
    you make my heart sing
  • edited October 2009
    rwap wrote: »
    For a long time it looked that way, but Christmas 2010 looks a distinct possibility - 100 expected this month!!

Glad you didnt take that the wrong way i was a bit worried after id posted it.:razz.
    Id possibly consider buying one if i knew what one was.

Im considering getting one of those dingoo hand held thingys.
  • edited October 2009
    New computer, wife want's shut of the tower in a cabinet setup I've got now. so it'll either be a netbook, or a Asrock Ion 330 plugged into the HD TV.
  • edited October 2009
    Isn't the point to buy other people stuff?

Anyhoo, for me..if my c. 12th Century Knight's Hospitaller seal checks out..I'll be buying A LOT. Probably start off with a top of the range laptop.
    On those afternoons in utopia..
  • edited October 2009
    Kaija wrote: »

No! The point is to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ your savior.

...and and to get drunk at the Christmas party.
  • edited October 2009
    beanz wrote: »
    ...and and to get drunk at the Christmas party.

...and free pies, lots of free pies :D
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • edited October 2009
    1980-20.. wrote: »
    Glad you didnt take that the wrong way i was a bit worried after id posted it.:razz.
    Id possibly consider buying one if i knew what one was.

Im considering getting one of those dingoo hand held thingys.

It's a DivIDE Plus - store 100s of games downloaded from WoS on a compact flash card - plug the card into the interface, plug the interface into your Spectrum's expansion port, and switch on the Spectrum. Press the button and you can browse the compact flash to load games instantly.

DivIDE Plus can handle both a compact flash card and a hard drive (or CD-ROM) at the same time, has a through connector for a joystick interface or mouse interface, and comes complete with various firmwares already loaded, including ResiDOS which allows you to save to the compact flash card from the Spectrum.

Rudy Biesma had a crude working version of the +divide firmware which allowed the PlusD floppy disk interface to work alongside the DivIDE Plus a few months ago - I have emailed him to see where he is with it as I have not heard from him in ages.
    Supporting Sinclairs since 1986 !

www.rwapsoftware.co.uk
    www.sellmyretro.com
  • edited October 2009
    A very expensive laptop.
    I wanna tell you a story 'bout a woman I know...
  • edited October 2009
    Brazil nuts in their shells for the first time in years. They have been largely banned because of some chemical in the shell. Sainsburys have them in stock right now, I bought four large bags, just for myself and I did`nt even eat a single nut last year ! Now where did I put the crackers ( hammer ) !
  • edited October 2009
    A fanny magnet.

(UK fanny - not US fanny)
  • edited October 2009
    frobush wrote: »
    A fanny magnet.

(UK fanny - not US fanny)

Sorry I'm not for sale.
  • edited October 2009
    Sorry I'm not for sale.
    Just rent...
  • edited October 2009
    Sorry I'm not for sale.

Yes you are ! In most shops around here.
  • edited October 2009
    Magnets are banned in our house. Not having my data corrupted!

No prezzies this year. Not for me or for anyone else. Am skint!
  • edited October 2009
    Kaija wrote: »
    Typically female point of view...
  • edited October 2009
    What if you don`t have anyone to buy you stuff ! I wrap my own presents and then pretend to myself that I am supprised at what I got, whilst secretly checking to see if I left the price tag on, as most people do !
  • edited October 2009
    Dingbat wrote: »
    What if you don`t have anyone to buy you stuff !
    Try leaving your bedroom once in a while?
  • edited October 2009
    karingal wrote: »
    Try leaving your bedroom once in a while?

I have 3 bedrooms - beat that!

Oh.

I'm so lonely.

Anyone fancy a sh*g! Male of female! I've got toffee!
  • edited October 2009
    Four bedrooms, but still no action ! beat that !

oh and I`ve got a packet of custard creams !
  • edited October 2009
    Dingbat wrote: »
    Four bedrooms, but still no action ! beat that !

oh and I`ve got a packet of custard creams !

Toffee is the answer!

Unless you want to meet up sometime, babe?