What will you be buying yourself for Christmas?

13»

Comments

• edited October 2009
    But I`m a guy, sort of ting ! plus I hate toffee and Coffee and David Hasslehoffee, and any other thing ending with eee, unless it`s Olivia Newton Johneee, sort of tingeee !
  • edited October 2009
    It's all a question of which side the bread is buttered on.

And in conclusion I do recommend minced mulch, applied twice around the ring of the tree, each week it's allowed to shed its needles in the corner.
  • edited October 2009
    Or which side your beard is buttered on, mulch is good, but it needs to be kept clear of the bark, as the bark is much better than the byte !
  • edited October 2009
    Look what I got today! 50 of the b*st*rds!

YouTube tomorrow! BOOM!

snaps.jpg
  • edited October 2009
    frobush wrote: »
    A fanny magnet.

(UK fanny - not US fanny)

Okay, I buy you a fanny shaped fridge magnet then. :-D
  • edited October 2009
    Look what I got today! 50 of the b*st*rds!

YouTube tomorrow! BOOM!

snaps.jpg

Get a tennis ball, cut a hole and pack them inside, then seal with duct tape. I did similar thing with red match heads for some fun explosions :-D
  • edited October 2009
    Hercules wrote: »
    Get a tennis ball, cut a hole and pack them inside, then seal with duct tape. I did similar thing with red match heads for some fun explosions :-D

Nah!

A tissue. 50 of the b*st*rds opened and emptied into it with saw dust and small bits of paper. A star shaped cardboard cut-out over the top of the crystals. A weight on top of the card. Twist to seal. Throw. BOOM!

The weight is as pack of 10p peices taped together.
  • edited October 2009
    Right, I'm going to take the plunge and order a DiVIDE Plus the moment they appear on rwap's site. Emulation just isn't hitting the spot anymore :) Just made ?35 selling a JAMMA Supergun on ebay, which should go towards it... roughly how much will it be for one with a through connector, I wonder? No costs listed on the site atm, obviously it depends on current component prices, labour time, prevailing wind etc.
  • edited November 2009
    Well for all those who have written to Santa asking for a DivIDE Plus, I shipped 19 more interfaces this week and expect another 20 next week :-)

Orders can be placed via my website:
    http://www.rwapsoftware.co.uk/spectrum/spectrum_storage.html
    Supporting Sinclairs since 1986 !

www.rwapsoftware.co.uk
    www.sellmyretro.com
  • edited November 2009
    Good news - I am expecting a delivery of 29 DivIDE Plus interfaces tomorrow (Friday 27th November 2009).

Just in time to beat the Christmas post and I will use the opportunity to launch my new site which is aimed to be a rival to ebay for retro computers and equipment - www.sellmyretro.com

Anyone on WoS who lists items for sales this side of Christmas will have all selling and shop fees cancelled if they email me and quote "WoS - SellMyRetro.com" - please include your SellMyRetro username in the email, so I can spot you !

It is also a bit of an opportunity to provide some feedback on the site and suggestions for improvements - I have a long list of ideas I am already working through, but you will appreciate, the DivIDE Plus and other projects take precedence!
    Supporting Sinclairs since 1986 !

www.rwapsoftware.co.uk
    www.sellmyretro.com
  • edited November 2009
    Steve(spt) wrote: »
    24 Chickens and 2 new Llamas. Well you did ask!

I have now added to my list and need this cpu cooler to cool down my new system!
  • edited November 2009
    On order...

56_4_.jpg

Link
  • fogfog
    edited November 2009
    fro, 18 bloomin squid..!!!!

it always makes me laugh when I see young trendies with Ugg? boots though.. I think they robbed em off their gran....

or maybe it's coz I'm getting old.. prolly the latter
  • edited November 2009
    fog wrote: »
    fro, 18 bloomin squid..!!!!

It's not my money! My Dad made me buy some counrty and western cd's (Raymond Froggatt) off the net once and he gave me his card details. He never buys me anything (or so he thinks) anyway - so I'm just taxing him!

Anyway, last time he was here (2 weeks ago) he robbed one of my ghetto blasters! Obviously he's run out of rooms to put TVs in - or he'd have had one of them away too! AGAIN!
  • fogfog
    edited November 2009
    Anyway, last time he was here (2 weeks ago) he robbed one of my ghetto blasters! Obviously he's run out of rooms to put TVs in - or he'd have had one of them away too! AGAIN!

it's a status thing.. more tv's = loaded.. well thats how it was in the 60's - 70's I guess :)

ghetto blaster ? what about the kitchen lino for a bit of breakin' if it ever comes back.hehe
  • edited November 2009
    He's a quick break dancer in the kitchen, you could say he's a BreakFast dancer. :D
  • edited November 2009
    When did they stop calling them "ghetto blasters"? Daddio dudes. Innit. RAD!
  • edited November 2009
    When did they stop calling them "ghetto blasters"? Daddio dudes. Innit. RAD!

since walkmans?
  • edited November 2009
    mile wrote: »
    since walkmans?

Do you mean the iWalkman?

True, you can't store 70,000,000 mp3s (or iMp3s) on them (that will take you 600,000 years to listen to) but can still sound crap and tinny as the latest stuff but no-one notices because they just like the extra casings you can buy to make you look 'cool'.

• edited November 2009
    Im getting myself an Open Pandora handheld portable computer ...

Hopefully be here for Christmas... (this year??!)

http://openpandora.org/

Im mainly getting it to emulate the Speccy via a port of the FUSE emulator (ported for ARM), so I can play Renegade and other favourites while Im travelling...

Secretly hoping certain other well known WOS members might be tempted to write some ZX software for it...
  • edited November 2009
    Well I just bought my son a MacBook... It'll be his first non-hand-me-down computer...

Not sure what to get myself yet ;)
    Possibly a tattoo :D

Andrew
  • edited November 2009
    ARSE!

pacmanbumtattoo.jpg
  • edited November 2009
    I don't remember Pac-man having a tramp stamp at the top of the screen?
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • I have been inspired to have the same Tattoo on my head ;)
    Every time I read that the oldest person in the world has died, I have to do a quick check to see it isn't ME..........
  • grey key wrote: »
    I have been inspired to have the same Tattoo on my head ;)

A tattoo of an arse?
    So far, so meh :)
  • I'm sure this Pac-Man has unpleasant in-game sounds...
  • polomint wrote: »
    grey key wrote: »

A tattoo of an arse?

That's a thought !
    Every time I read that the oldest person in the world has died, I have to do a quick check to see it isn't ME..........
  • edited March 2017
    polomint wrote: »
    grey key wrote: »

A tattoo of an arse?

A tattoo of an arse with and arse shaped tattoo on it, right on the arse!

tumblr_ljczvd29JU1qda8iw.jpg

Post edited by dm_boozefreek on
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!