games with good beeper in-game fx ?

edited May 2010 in Games
if you know any, please put it here....
Post edited by Fikee on

Comments

  • edited May 2010
    Earth Shaker had nice and funny effects.

    If you have few KB free and don't care about the pause while playing the effects, you always can use sampled sounds.
  • edited May 2010
    I like all beeper sound-fx.
    ZX Spectrum 48K BEEPER Music:
    http://mister_beep.republika.pl/
  • edited May 2010
    Renegade, love the noise of the knee groin!
  • edited May 2010
    Starquake had some really nice effects. Particularly the bits where you had to go through the security gates.
  • edited May 2010
    I remember really liking the explosions in Star Farce, especially when I hit a series of enemies in quick succession. I don't know that there was anything particularly special about them, as I didn't play many shoot-'em-ups, but I was impressed by them at the time anyway.
  • edited May 2010
    3D StarStrike had some quite good sound effects, considering what the speccy was having to do quickly elsewhere!
  • edited May 2010
    That farty noise from Chuckie Egg when you pick up an egg is one of the finest sound effects on the spectrum I think!
  • edited May 2010
    Surprised no one has mentioned this yet - the "ching ching" noise when you die in Firelord, and your helmet falls to the ground, it really sounds like metal hitting stone. Amazing, considering it's done on the ol' beeper.
  • edited May 2010
    ewgf wrote: »
    Surprised no one has mentioned this yet - the "ching ching" noise when you die in Firelord, and your helmet falls to the ground, it really sounds like metal hitting stone. Amazing, considering it's done on the ol' beeper.

    I suspect it could in fact be a sample.
  • edited May 2010
    Firelord is another game with nice beeper sound effects, indeed.
  • edited May 2010
    GreenCard wrote: »
    Starquake had some really nice effects. Particularly the bits where you had to go through the security gates.

    My older brother went apeshit at the sound effect that you get when you pass through those not-so-secret wall passages (where you enter a small niche and emerge in the same niche of another room). He said it sounded like someone pulling snot up their nose and it annoyed him.
  • edited May 2010
    The crowd clapping in Konami's Ping Pong... just great!
  • edited May 2010
    Some games have an 'intro speech' which you can hear very clearly, like Robin of the Wood, Nodes of Yesod or Rocman.
  • edited May 2010
    I always quite liked the machinegun 'chatter' in Night Gunner

    Dynamite Dan and Missile Defence had pretty good beeper effects too - especially Missile Defence - very 'arcadey'. Very good for a 1983 game.
  • edited May 2010
    The fart noise when you die and laser in Jetpac.
    Starquake and Firelord as previously mentioned.
    Splitting Images had brilliant and almost constant sound.
    Dynamite Dan 1 and 2.
    Atic Atac.
  • Shanghai Karate
    Gong at the start of each round, and digital sounds all through the fight.
  • The sound throughout Hypersports is great. The chopper rotor effects (esp start up) in Tomahawk are very good too
  • Atic Atac had great beeper spot effects.
  • Pogo and Winged Warlords have good fx too.
  • The crowd clapping in Konami's Ping Pong... just great!

    I always thought the crowd was laughing at you for missing.
    We must perform a quirkafleeg
  • I always liked the punched/kicked in the guts sound effect in Way of the Exploding Fist
  • I always liked the punched/kicked in the guts sound effect in Way of the Exploding Fist

    It is a rather satisfying thud isn't it :))
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • edited September 2018
    XTM of TMG wrote: »
    GreenCard wrote: »
    Starquake had some really nice effects. Particularly the bits where you had to go through the security gates.

    My older brother went apeshit at the sound effect that you get when you pass through those not-so-secret wall passages (where you enter a small niche and emerge in the same niche of another room). He said it sounded like someone pulling snot up their nose and it annoyed him.

    I know exactly what he means. It's not the most pleasant of noises. :))

    Not exactly a spectacular sound effect, but I always thought the voice on the other end of the telephone calls in Rockstar Ate My Hamster was really cleverly done.
    Post edited by GreenCard on
  • Jumping Jack had a couple of good effects - the crunch when he hits his head on the platform above and the squelchy noise when he gets run over.
  • HyperActive by SpecialFX
  • If I remember rightly I think I remember liking the beeper music from the Treasure Island Dizzy title screen on 48k better than the AY tune that plays when you load it in 128k.
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • Perhaps not what you are after but SpecVenture has quite a few 'tunes' for each level, before you start said level.
Sign In or Register to comment.