I am going to check my entire collection of tapes tommorrow....

edited September 2003 in Sinclair Miscellaneous
I must confess to being very lazy with my Spectrum tapes, all tapes for that matter, I just have them piled in boxes around the place.

Tommorrow afternoon, I shall start to go through them all, and check each title against the M.I.A list.

If anyone out there want's anything, say now, and I'll check for you, altough I doubt I have anything mega=rare.

I've been meaning to do this for about 18months now.

[ This Message was edited by: thx1138 on 2003-09-01 21:49 ]
Post edited by thx1138 on

Comments

• edited September 2003
    If it makes you feel any less guilty, I'm in that club as well..

I've got a couple of thousand tapes up in the loft that desperately need cataloguing (and TZXing where appropriate)

The problem is either (a) I'm a lazy sod, or (b) Tipshop eats up a whole load of my time (erm, as well as boring real life things)

Toodle-pip!
    Gerard

• edited September 2003
    Hi Guys,

Well the .tzx vault team can dump any tapes you find for you. In the 3 and a half years that the team has been running, we?ve borrowed hundreds upon hundreds of tapes from many donators and all have been dumped and returned without any complaints.

Could you check your collections against both the MIA and STP lists, then email either myself, Andy Barker or Paul Hurd and we?ll arrange to borrow the tapes and dump them.

cheers, Steve
  • edited September 2003
    Oh, and I have a link just off the vault?s main page, where I?ve listed some of my wanted list, this includes a few titles by Mikro-Gen, DK?Tronics etc, email me if anything interesting surfaces ;)

Steve
  • edited September 2003
    yep, indeed we would be happy to loan your tapes to dump, i'm sure with that quantity of tapes you must have quite a few SDP/STP/MIA :)

if everyone on these forums could check through their collections then i'm sure we would make great headway on the STP/SDP/MIA lists

i'm on the look out for DK tronics, Microsphere, Abbex, Workforce, Sinclair, Add-On, Kayde and Elfin stuff to name but a few if anything turns up...:)

regards

Paul

[ This Message was edited by: millys-pigdog on 2003-09-02 12:14 ]
  • edited September 2003
    Yer folks,

Just to emphasize that were also looking for 3" disks for the Spectrum +3 as part of the SDP project. The SDP project will also be expanded to take into consideration Opus Discovery 3.5" DD disks (.OPD) and +D/Disciple 3.5" DD disks (.IMG) which most people can dump by themselves using Real Spectrum's Real Disk dumper.
    As far as 3" +3 disks go, I have a good setup to dump them, so please consider those too.

Cheers

Andy Barker

[ This Message was edited by: Andrew Barker on 2003-09-02 15:57 ]
  • edited September 2003
    On 2003-09-02 12:00, Gilby wrote:
    Well the .tzx vault team can dump any tapes you find for you. In the 3 and a half years that the team has been running, we?ve borrowed hundreds upon hundreds of tapes from many donators and all have been dumped and returned without any complaints.

I might have to send you my 90-game compilation if I can't figure out how to do it myself. But I'm going to keep on having a go for a while!
  • edited September 2003
    Well, I soldiered on, through the night.
    Despite the pain of the first installment of my new tattoo.

Many dissapointments, a lot of near misses.

Found a few suprises - near mint Gamesdesigner, and Nonterraqueos, who knows maybe I will learn to spell that game now, it's one of the few I often get right in the name that game posts, and Jet Set Willy Editor, never even realised I owned that!

All of my Speccy tapes lined up along the kitchen, in Alphabetical order, and print outs of the M.I.A / S.T.P in hand.

Nothing on the MIA list. :(

But, from the S.T.P list I do have a mere 2
    - Enduro by Activision, and Lop Ears by players software.

[ This Message was edited by: thx1138 on 2003-09-03 02:11 ]
  • edited September 2003
    On 2003-09-03 02:07, thx1138 wrote:
    Well, I soldiered on, through the night.
    Despite the pain of the first installment of my new tattoo.

How's the new tattoo looking by the way?

• edited September 2003
    Oh wait. Was it you that sold me the record?

It's looking pretty good actually. :)

2 hour session another 11 more to go.

:(
  • edited September 2003
    No, i didn't sell you the record, but you asked if i had a poster of The Trooper though..

11 more? ouch....
  • edited September 2003
    On 2003-09-03 02:07, thx1138 wrote:

But, from the S.T.P list I do have a mere 2
    - Enduro by Activision, and Lop Ears by players software.

Lop Ears
    http://www.zxsoftware.co.uk/L/Pages/Lop%20Ears.htm

Enduro
    http://www.zxsoftware.co.uk/E/Pages/Enduro%20-%20Activision.htm

So they should both be sorted soon
  • edited September 2003
    Right, I cant get the hang of any of this preservation lark.

It's all a mystery to me. I'll leave it to the experts.
  • edited September 2003
    The tzx vault and infoseek are never up to date which is part of the problem. As soon as they are updated more tapes are being found and preserved and hence there is always a gap between the ongoing work and each update.

Please check any tapes though because all STP, MIA etc are wanted and sometimes the tapes aquired cannot be preserved due to quality so you can't be sure.

Tony