What (Speccy) game are you currently playing ?

edited March 2015 in Games
(Quite a few threads on what youre listening to, watching etc)

What Speccy game are you currently playing ?

After playing a LOT of Invasion of the Zombie Monsters I've gone back and been playing a lot of Rallybug.

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infoseekid.cgi?id=0021316

Great platform game, very polished.
Post edited by psj3809 on

Comments

• edited July 2010
    im at work, i dont have time to play speccy games.
  • edited July 2010
    I'm currently playing (for testing) the game that we'll be releasing tomorrow ;)
  • edited July 2010
    Good old Green Beret - I return to it time and time again.

I'm also playing Missile Defence lately - the best version of Missile Command on the Speccy I reckon.
  • edited July 2010
    na_th_an wrote: »
    I'm currently playing (for testing) the game that we'll be releasing tomorrow ;)

Good stuff !!!!
  • edited July 2010
    At the moment im playing a lot of - World championship boxing by Goliath .

But im putting more hours than ever into Platform game designer - its so addictive.
  • edited July 2010
    W*H*B, thanks to a resurrected thread! It must have passed me by somehow when it was released. Superb game.
  • edited July 2010
    sirclive1 wrote: »
    But im putting more hours than ever into Platform game designer - its so addictive.

Need to email Jonathan, i've got lots of ideas ready, want to do them but i'm waiting for PGD II (to fix a few issues).

But its a great tool
  • edited July 2010
    psj3809 wrote: »
    Need to email Jonathan, i've got lots of ideas ready, want to do them but i'm waiting for PGD II (to fix a few issues).

But its a great tool

Is there a release date for the second version , the first is wonderful , but wonder what the 2nd one will have included , hopefully multidirectional sprites ~(enemy) and some kind of rope swing style function , although its probably harder to fit things like that in , i wonder if it could also use 128k mem.
  • edited July 2010
    My main issue was the collision (as it was a 'block') and the background colour. So if i had a black background and they pick up an item it left a different coloured square

I think jonathan had solved most of these but i'll contact him to see the latest. i'll let you know when i hear back from him
  • edited July 2010
    I'm currently trying to finish William Wobbler. It's very annoying especially when it drops all your items after collecting 10 items.
    Plus the looping back on itself is making it hard to map.

Yesterday I had a go at the adventure of St. Bernard (Footage can be found on http://www.worldofspectrum.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30457).
    It will be a long time before I pick this game up again.
    I'm a 21st Century digital boy, I don't know how to live but I've got a lot of toys.
  • edited July 2010
    Have played today...

Lancer Lords

Galaxians (Artic)
    Santa
    Race Fun

Jumping Jack
    Ah Diddums
    Schizoids

Centi-Bug
    Spectral Invaders
    Styx
  • edited July 2010
    The Great Escape, and Head over Heels (the latter prompted by the recent thread).
  • edited July 2010
    None at the moment...shame on me.
  • edited July 2010
    I keep going back to Plotting - rarely get past level 8, but I keep having the odd game or two.
  • edited July 2010
    these days i'm playing king's valley by retroworks, a msx game of the eighties converted to spectrum last year. excellent!
  • edited July 2010
    madmekon wrote: »
    I'm currently trying to finish William Wobbler.

So you're into S&M then? :D
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • edited July 2010
    The last few days its been Jetpac and Trashman.
  • edited July 2010
    So you're into S&M then? :D

I'm enjoying the challenge. It would be good to get this one finished.
    I'm a 21st Century digital boy, I don't know how to live but I've got a lot of toys.
  • edited July 2010
    Match Day 2: I find it very difficult, I'm better at playing MD 1.

Sabre Wulf: I play it frequently. I love it.
  • edited July 2010
    Gunrunner and Bozy Boa in an attempt to beat my scores at HARP :)
  • edited July 2010
    Dan Dare as usual. :)
    ..and this new Mojon Twins game.
  • edited July 2010
    Pegaz wrote: »
    ..and this new Mojon Twins game.

Me too. Gotta go out in a minute tho. Grrrr. I wanna keep on playing!
  • edited July 2010
    Well, sunny day, good Spectrum games..
    Fortunately, I'm still on vacation. :)
  • Finally completed Wanted Monty Mole.
  • edited July 2010
    Serious ? Without pokes or anything ?

Loved that game but those random crushers could be frustrating

(Very good username by the way !)
  • No pokes but i was saving on every screen. Yeah the crushers are annoying cos they're completly random!
  • edited July 2010
    played zombie calvero, or whatever the title is, for a bit. impressed by graphics and atmosphere, altough the impression is that the playability is inferior compared to sir ababol and cherry perils.

not speccily speaking, tried some c64 games on a java emulator,

but...
  • zx1zx1
    edited July 2010
    Due to losing every saved game i had (for both spec and pc games) i've had to restart Footballer of the year, the biz, on the bench, rebel planet and professional boxing championship.
    We must perform a quirkafleeg
  • edited July 2010
    Horace in the Mystic Woods Demo! Magic...
  • edited July 2010
    Played quite a few over the last week via emulation...Been trying to sort out my games folders, as there's lots of titles that are short or wrong, as I got most of the files from a Disc my brother bought in HMV years ago.....Here's some that I've spent a bit of time actually playing though...

Invasion of the Zombie Monsters
    Cheril's Perils
    Lop Ears
    Flunky
    Foxx Fights Back
    Superkid In Space
    Blinky's Scary School
    Enlightenment - Druid 2