What (Speccy) game are you currently playing ?

Comments

• Mousey wrote: »
    ZEUS wrote: »
    Just completed Arkanoid II 128k version without cheats, another notch on the joystick, nothing more enjoyable game wise when you complete a game without cheats :-D
    Well done! That must have been very tricky. I'm not great at breakout type games and only tend to get a few screens done (less if it's a game without power-ups and I can't spam the laser upgrade!).

Last weekend I finally set aside time to try and complete Everyone's A Wally without cheating. I partly succeeded. I worked out all the puzzles myself...
    Spoiler:
    ...but had 2 cheats enabled - one to stop the characters walking about and messing up where to find the items, and the other for infinite energy. Now I know what to do I'll have a stab at doing it properly, and then move on to trying Herbert's Dummy Run.

I had to do a few runs at first but it soon came together and now have completed it 3 times :-)
  • alanspec wrote: »
    zx1 wrote: »
    Tried the Triple Jump again earlier but failed again!
    It can't be done!

There's definitely something wrong with you. Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle jump(40) jump(40) jump(45)?

Then again - I can't score a single fookin penalty.

I tried again and got a high of 12.73 but not enough! I give up! The again i almost always win at penalties, never ever qualified in the diving stage though.
    We must perform a quirkafleeg
  • The diving stage always gets me as well.

I'm planning to have a Wally session this evening - Automania, Pyjamarama and Everyone's A Wally.
  • Quack-Shot!
    Much more similar to the arcade original than Spectrum's Tutankhamun .
    Graphics are superior to Tutankhamun's and the difficulty level is higher , as in the arcades .
    Tutankhamun is great too , though .
    Quackshot.gif
  • I used to really like Quack-Shot! when I was younger, was easily the best game on the Sparklers Trio cassette, although given that the other 2 games were St. Crippens, and Desert Burner that wasn't hard for it to achieve. But it was worth buying that rather poor compilation just for this game.
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • Is that supposed to be a duck? Looks more like Donald Trump!
  • Had a go of Minder the other night and failed badly, i was arrested by Chisholm at my lockup where i had stolen goods :))
  • River Raid .
    An excellent game . I wonder how many levels there are .
    Or are they generated infinitely with some clever algorithm ?
    RiverRaid.gif
  • I think I read somewhere years ago that River Raid has 99 levels. Unfortunately I’m going from memory there, as I’m assuming the original source if it ever existed is long gone?
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • Ah, River Raid. Great game.

I was lucky it was one of the first Spectrum games I played.
  • Has anyone ever played LA SWAT? It's possibly the worst game ever made on any system. Utter, utter shite!
  • One of my friends bought it....I laughed at him, as he tried to convince me it wasn't that bad...
  • edited April 18
    The Colditz Story .
    It has not been mentioned here for many years but it is a fun game , probably
    the best written by Barry Jones .
    ColditzStoryThe.gif
    Post edited by modern_hermit on
  • If I catch you again, boiled in oil! :))
  • zx1 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever played LA SWAT? It's possibly the worst game ever made on any system. Utter, utter shite!

How can it possibly be worse than Sqij?

• Sqij was playable in comparison :))
  • Not without turning on Caps Lock ...
  • I dug out my +2 and plugged it into my flat screen TV then had no idea how to install a channel to play it from! :))
  • Ms. Pac-Man .
    Ms.Pac-Man.gif
  • DukesOfHazzardThe.gif

I been watching Dukes of Hazzards tons lately..so I thought I would look it up since I never played it before..and WTF..is this a candidate for the worst game ever..I'm not sure about collision detection,...but you shouldnt be able to drive right through stuff! What a let down.

Auschwitz.gif

I'm wondering what this about. Was in adult section. Don't understand Polish but Zyklon B is obvious. I wonder what your supposed to do. It seems you pick a execution method or something, then are presented with (0-8) option, the a giant hyperdermic needle does something..then you get a blurb..and it goes back to main screen...best left alone..

DundeesEuropeanChallenge.gif

Having a good go at Dundee's European Challenge..and I gotta say..its pretty darn good. Now I'm a long time Dundee United FC fan..so I always avoided this..but yeah..its gotta be up there as one of the best on the speccy. One caveat..I had Dundee at the bottom of the league..and so when the big derby game came up..I naturally went for a United win..BUT..I think something sneaky..Dundee FC got THREE penalties against United..!!! United got one shot on goal and made like 5 fouls against the Scumdee..That game is well SNEAKY! ..SO they won 5-1..first points of season... VERY polished game though. Quite a surprise.
    On those afternoons in utopia..
  • edited May 17
    Many people do not know what Holocaust and Auschwitz were .
    I loaded this "game" only once and at the first screen ("Do you want to experiment on humans or on animals?")
    I switched my Timex off .
    Post edited by modern_hermit on
  • Is that what it says..very strange, I thought before I played it was going to be about rescuing prisoners(but was in the adult section because of sensitive subject)..but this was not the case when I seen 'Zyklon B' ...very very bad taste.

I visited Auschwitz two times actually..Oswiecim. Very shocking thing to see..and because I never took it in first time ..we went back again. I had a pizza at the cafe there..but all I could see was big piles of eye glasses. I should not have posted that above...I wasn't thinking.
    On those afternoons in utopia..
  • edited May 28
    220px-Turmoil_ZX_Spectrum_Cover.jpg

Been a long time since I last posted on here. Hope everyone is well.
    Anyway, I've always luved this game even though I can only get about half way or so.
    Post edited by CUCHULAINN on
  • CUCHULAINN wrote: »
    220px-Turmoil_ZX_Spectrum_Cover.jpg

Been a long time since I last posted on here. Hope everyone is well.
    Anyway, I've always luved this game even though I can only get about half way or so.

Great game. A bit surreal in its stereotyping of Arabs, with guys in traditional garb chasing you with swords :) In real life wouldn't it be guards in uniforms? But yes, great game.
    Might be worth a visit to luny.co.uk.
  • Nightshade .
    Hard to believe but this is actually a 48K game .
    Nightshade.gif
  • I've been playing a few games of Psion Scrabble - still get hammered!
  • Had a retro evening and got my Speccy +2 out.

ipDePbn.jpg

• What kind of an aspect ratio for a Speccy is that???
  • And your point is?
  • edited July 9
    zx1 wrote: »
    Had a retro evening and got my Speccy +2 out.

ipDePbn.jpg

Said in the style of David Attenborough "A delight now for you viewers as we see a sight of a rare species the +2 grey Spectrum, getting ready for action as it loads Super Stunt Man." :))
    Post edited by Your Spec-chum on